What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I’ve already given an answer and then done my best to explain it. I don’t have the patience to be your unpaid tutor.

That’s my general approach, yes. I’m no saint but I do try to limit my negative impact on my neighbours. My car has clocked up a total of 4000 miles in the last three years.

I used to fly for work most weeks, but rarely for leisure. I haven’t flown for any reason since 2017. Foreign trips are less damaging by train or ferry so that’s what I do instead.
So we now know how you conduct your life, and many will find that admirable, so I presume my choice to do what I do doesn't meet with your approval?

You don't think I should own a camper or a motorcycle or a scooter and do the things I enjoy?

A simple yes or no will do.

I think if you had to pay something closer to the true cost of providing the infrastructure that allows it, plus a surcharge for the environmental and health damage it causes, you may stop and consider how often you choose to do it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I’ve already given an answer and then done my best to explain it. I don’t have the patience to be your unpaid tutor.

That’s my general approach, yes. I’m no saint but I do try to limit my negative impact on my neighbours. My car has clocked up a total of 4000 miles in the last three years.

I used to fly for work most weeks, but rarely for leisure. I haven’t flown for any reason since 2017. Foreign trips are less damaging by train or ferry so that’s what I do instead.

Providing you don’t have a wood burner, that has to be an A+

D

Deleted member 28

I believe you answered the question fully earlier.
What the hell does 'encouraged ' mean in this instance?

I would love to know whats looked upon as acceptable to you people, how often would someone be allowed to ride a motorcycle for example if it was for pleasure or take that trip to the seaside.

D

Deleted member 28

Look, I know we don't have a mod team on this side of the forum to enforce it but you've already been asked to knock it off with the nuance.
Me?

Provide me with an honest answer and I'll leave it, in your view should I be allowed to do the things I've asked you already.

Yes or No?

D

Deleted member 28

I can’t answer for @icowden but I think if you had to pay something closer to the true cost of providing the infrastructure that allows it, plus a surcharge for the environmental and health damage it causes, you may stop and consider how often you choose to do it.
This doesn't say whether you think I should be able to do what I enjoy though does it?

You're simply saying if It cost me more I may choose not to, you can't say what you really think because you know either most people do the same as me or you know how ridiculous your views are.

D

Deleted member 28

Look, I know we don't have a mod team on this side of the forum to enforce it but you've already been asked to knock it off with the nuance.
And isn't that good because now people can get asked to step up and support their views without being able to run off and tell teacher.

mudsticks

Squire
So we now know how you conduct your life, and many will find that admirable, so I presume my choice to do what I do doesn't meet with your approval?

You don't think I should own a camper or a motorcycle or a scooter and do the things I enjoy?

Why do you even want to know what NH thinks of your life choices.?

You've repeatedly stated you care not a jot* for anyone elses opinion on here.

So why bother to enquire,??

Really that bored ??

*Except you choose to be far ruder, and more deliberately ignorant than that.

Most of us come up against rude and ignorant people in our regular lives.

You're not big or clever in being those things - it's fairly routine boorishness

This doesn't say whether you think I should be able to do what I enjoy though does it?

You're simply saying if It cost me more I may choose not to, you can't say what you really think because you know either most people do the same as me or you know how ridiculous your views are.
Ever considered it's not all about you, and what you do .

Plus see above. ??

Have you seriously never come across the concept of system change ??

People trying to bring about system change, for the sake of combatting climate change still have to exist in this world as it is, even as they try to bring about change in the way of doing things.

They'll do their best, but it's often a lot more more expensive and trouble to do 'the right thing' even if they want to, so they often have to compromise, in the situation as it is.

But they can still campaign for change.

It's not hypocrisy, it's because things have been set up for decades to give the oil companies free rein to exploit, pollute and profit, they make vast profits at ours, and the planets expense.

Doing different often become very difficult.
Unless they're lucky to have good affordable public transport, right by them or are very well off.

Now of course I fully expect you to post some Zzzz emojii to demonstrate how little you really are interested in this topic.

If you were genuinely interested in learning, or hearing other opinions you wouldn't use such a belligerent, or aggressive approach.

D

Deleted member 28

Why do you even want to know what NH thinks of your life choices.?

You've repeatedly stated you care not a jot* for anyone elses opinion on here.

So why bother to enquire,??

Really that bored ??

*Except you choose to be far ruder, and more deliberately ignorant than that.

Most of us come up against rude and ignorant people in our regular lives.

You're not big or clever in being those things - it's fairly routine boorishness

Ever considered it's not all about you, and what you do .

Plus see above. ??

Have you seriously never come across the concept of system change ??

People trying to bring about system change, for the sake of combatting climate change still have to exist in this world as it is, even as they try to bring about change in the way of doing things.

They'll do their best, but it's often a lot more more expensive and trouble to do 'the right thing' even if they want to, so they often have to compromise, in the situation as it is.

But they can still campaign for change.

It's not hypocrisy, it's because things have been set up for decades to give the oil companies free rein to exploit, pollute and profit, they make vast profits at ours, and the planets expense.

Doing different often become very difficult.
Unless they're lucky to have good affordable public transport, right by them or are very well off.

Now of course I fully expect you to post some Zzzz emojii to demonstrate how little you really are interested in this topic.

If you were genuinely interested in learning, or hearing other opinions you wouldn't use such a belligerent, or aggressive approach.
Who said anything about learning?

If someone tells me, or intimates, that what I'm doing is wrong then I want to know exactly what they think I should be doing and if they do the same themselves.

Not hard to understand.

Top Bottom