What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I remember the time when people were often annoyed by your posts but, like the child who keeps making a noise to get attention, it is noticeable that people now just sigh patronisingly at your comments or just openly mock them.

But it gives you and your shadow a laugh, so no real harm done, and it keeps you out of any real mischief for a few minutes. ;)
Funny, I can't ever remember a time when you posted anything remotely interesting or valid.

Oh well, keeps the dementia at bay I suppose. 😉

D

Deleted member 28

@mjr So I should only drive when it's vital and not for pleasure?

For example going away in my camper or riding to the coast on my motorcycle or going to a rally on my old Lambretta?

You genuinely believe people should live their lives like this, you're farkin mental!

D

Deleted member 28

I think you'll find that the jury is still out on whether it has helped cause it, but we know it makes it worse for many people. Part of, as you say, getting on and dealing with it is campaigning for a fairer approach to air and stop other polluting this basic life resource.

If you really pitied people like me, you would ride a bike more instead of driving so much.
How do you know how much driving I do?
I assume we've accepted the fact I can't really do my job without driving so what should I stop doing just to please you, no motorcycles and no weekends away in my camper?

Enlighten me please.

icowden

Legendary Member
For example going away in my camper or riding to the coast on my motorcycle or going to a rally on my old Lambretta?
You genuinely believe people should live their lives like this, you're farkin mental!
There used to be similar conversations about banning smoking inside pubs.

"You genuinely believe smokers should have to stand outside in the rain, you're farkin mental!"
"Go and make yourself a non-smoking pub and see how many people go there. It's part of the scene"

etc etc etc

These days, I have yet to find a single person who wishes that smoking was again allowed in pubs.

Maybe some changes are worth making, if they benefit more people than they inconvenience.

D

Deleted member 28

Fair point well made, which explains why everyone was naked and starving all the time until the advent of the four car family and the one child per SUV lifestyle school run.

Back in the day the form was to toss the contents of your night soil bucket out of an open window. "Gardez loo!" The streets rivers of sh1t and piss. Doubtless some proto shep, mouthing off half cut in the local tavern, would have been defending the status quo against people looking to reform sewage management, while mocking those with cholera. In the manner, let's say, of a deeply unpleasant and vacuous kunt.

Future generations will look back on what we presently tolerate in the streets where we live with the same mixture of disgust and amazement as that with which we contemplate the medieval street scene.
Do you really speak like this in real life or are you just trying to impress me with your wordsmithery?

Answer me this, do you only drive where absolutely necessary (and even that's questionable according to some on here) or do you in fact drive to the supermarket or the cinema or the garden centre or, heaven forbid, take a trip to the seaside?

D

Deleted member 28

There used to be similar conversations about banning smoking inside pubs.

"You genuinely believe smokers should have to stand outside in the rain, you're farkin mental!"
"Go and make yourself a non-smoking pub and see how many people go there. It's part of the scene"

etc etc etc

These days, I have yet to find a single person who wishes that smoking was again allowed in pubs.

Maybe some changes are worth making, if they benefit more people than they inconvenience.
You going to answer the question or just waffle on about something I haven't asked?

D

Deleted member 28

I see fabstroodle hasn't got much to say on the subject as I believe he has a rather large motor home.

icowden

Legendary Member
You going to answer the question or just waffle on about something I haven't asked?
Sorry - I should have known this would go over your head.
I was drawing an analogy to illustrate the pointlessness of your question in the current situation.

There is now talk of diesel rationing. People will start to make decisions about what vital journeys are.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I was drawing an analogy to illustrate the pointlessness of your question in the current situation.

There is now talk of diesel rationing. People will start to make decisions about what vital journeys are.
Possibly they will (think about which journey is really necessary), but, much more likely, they will think of ways to fiddle their allocation.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Possibly they will (think about which journey is really necessary), but, much more likely, they will think of ways to fiddle their allocation.
There will always be greedy chancers who try that on but they will be a small minority, luckily.

People and businesses are going to have to make very hard choices soon about their use of fuel, whether in the house or on the road, and it will always be the poor who will struggle most.

D

Deleted member 28

Still no answer then?

Cock.

icowden

Legendary Member
Very self-referential and slightly poultry-phobic. Did you run out of words? I have heard that people resort to insults when that happens.
Anyway...
Here is your answer - male poultry like you will still do whatever they want until their money runs out then moan about it.
Other people will try and plan, and cur down on non essential journeys, so that their rationed fuel will be available when they need it.
Many people will stop using the car altogether due to the expense. The government could help with this by massively investing in public transport and cutting costs so that those with less money can still travel.

D

Deleted member 121

Very self-referential and slightly poultry-phobic. Did you run out of words? I have heard that people resort to insults when that happens.
Anyway...
Here is your answer - male poultry like you will still do whatever they want until their money runs out then moan about it.
Other people will try and plan, and cur down on non essential journeys, so that their rationed fuel will be available when they need it.
Many people will stop using the car altogether due to the expense. The government could help with this by massively investing in public transport and cutting costs so that those with less money can still travel.
They could also reduce the heavy tax burden on petrol, even if temporary to help out in the short term. This would also help reduce bus travel prices giving people the option or even help people where public transport isn't really an option.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
They could also reduce the heavy tax burden on petrol, even if temporary to help out in the short term. This would also help reduce bus travel prices giving people the option or even help people where public transport isn't really an option.

Sacrilege!, but, true

Top Bottom