What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Have you not read all the shyte regarding cars in general and SUV's in particular?

I think there seems to be a fair few on here who wouldn't agree with you.
That largely depends on how they're interpreting 'necessary and proportionate with sound reasoning, for the benefit of wider society'.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
I don't have any photos on my phone and the upload thing's greyed out again but here's the gallery on their website.

https://www.sheffieldmodelengineers.com/photo-gallery.html

It's somewhere that nobody in Sheffield has ever heard of until they have kids, then it becomes the most amazing place ever. It's a model engineering society and every few weeks over summer they open up to the public. They all dress the part, they location's all set up proper and while the men have been tinkering in the sheds, the womenfolk* have been busy baking some lovely home made cakes to sell in the pavilion. It's great, they'll even let you put up a gazebo for birthday parties and stuff.

*It's by no means exclusive but you can imagine how the traditional gender roles are filled with this sort of thing, especially with the older members.

If you like that sort of thing, and you're ever in Devon then a visit to Pecorama is a must .

They have a model train with all the proper uniforms etc..

And lots of model tableaux set ups with teensy models where you can push the buttons to make the trains go..

Definitely looks a bit less weird if you've got kids in tow

But there's a fair smattering of anoraked sorts, all by themselves too 😇

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If you like that sort of thing, and you're ever in Devon then a visit to Pecorama is a must .

And lots of model tableaux set ups with teensy models where you can push the buttons to make the trains go..

I'll bear that in mind for potential summer hols. Our youngest is super keen on all forms of vehicle in the way that only 2-3 year olds are but has missed out on loads of opportunities because of Covid. He went on a bus once and didn't stop talking about it for weeks but we're still trying to avoid confined spaces like public transport. I do realise that's not ideal, given the subject of the thread...

mudsticks

Squire
I'll bear that in mind for potential summer hols. Our youngest is super keen on all forms of vehicle in the way that only 2-3 year olds are but has missed out on loads of opportunities because of Covid. He went on a bus once and didn't stop talking about it for weeks but we're still trying to avoid confined spaces like public transport. I do realise that's not ideal, given the subject of the thread...

I still get excited going on trains even now Tbh...

And buses too if it's somewhere scenic.

Oh and ferries as well ..

Why should the pre schoolers get all the fun..??

I want to breathe freely without asthma. It was possible when there were fewer burning vehicles on the road, like April to June 2020. Are you against people like me having what we want, @shep? If so, why?

Highly unreasonable..

I'd quite like to try and avert catastrophic climate change as well as all that..

Deeply selfish of me I know..

Reactions: mjr

Ian H

Legendary Member

I remember the buyer at Peco being very dismissive of 'toy train' enthusiasts.

Certainly the Abbeydale lot consider themselves to be an engineering society and not a train club.
Splitters!!!!!

mudsticks

Squire
I remember the buyer at Peco being very dismissive of 'toy train' enthusiasts.

Aww what a sour puss..

Bet he loved it all really..

Certainly the Abbeydale lot consider themselves to be an engineering society and not a train club.
They're definitely very serious about it all at Peco..

Which makes it all even more adorable.

You get the feeling they'd do it all visitors or no..
Which adds to the charm..

Some lovely landscaping there by too, and views out over the sea..

FishFright

Does anyone really think of themselves as having a 'lifestyle' ??

And paint them all pink with floral decals..

In fact while we're about why not paint all the tractors pink too..

[I even have a picture of a pink tractor..But will it load .???
Who knows?]

*Pictures please*

[If you're able😇] View attachment 834

Oh it did ...💜🚜

I think most people have a lifestyle nowadays as it's way easier than getting a life.

mudsticks

Squire
I think most people have a lifestyle nowadays as it's way easier than getting a life.

Ooo just a tad judgey ??

Anyway my life (stylish or otherwards) sees me crossing the Rubicon into Cornwall, and a few days free from t' internet now..

Do try to be lovely to each other whist I'm gone :hello:

D

Deleted member 28

I want to breathe freely without asthma. It was possible when there were fewer burning vehicles on the road, like April to June 2020. Are you against people like me having what we want, @shep? If so, why?
It's my fault you have asthma then?

I've picked up on comments you've made previously about not being able to see Doctors or keep appointments or something of that ilk, I think you're just bitter because you're not in the best of health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom