What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My comment or the quoted ones was? Mine was a moment of spontaneous snarkiness all my own. It's a common comedic device though and has certainly been used a million times. Jimmy Carr often does it on the intro links for '8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown'. Who is the finest comedian of our day btw ?

fozy tornip

fozympotent

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Asthma isn't caused by people driving but I don't doubt your symptoms are made worse by a number of things, pollution being one of them, but are you as bitter about any of the other triggers or just motorists?

You've been dealt a hand and just need to get on with it instead of whining like a petulant child, I pity you.
I think you'll find that the jury is still out on whether it has helped cause it, but we know it makes it worse for many people. Part of, as you say, getting on and dealing with it is campaigning for a fairer approach to air and stop other polluting this basic life resource.

If you really pitied people like me, you would ride a bike more instead of driving so much.

D

Deleted member 28

I think you'll find that the jury is still out on whether it has helped cause it, but we know it makes it worse for many people. Part of, as you say, getting on and dealing with it is campaigning for a fairer approach to air and stop other polluting this basic life resource.

If you really pitied people like me, you would ride a bike more instead of driving so much.
I pity you for the attitude you have not your actual condition.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Please will you extend me some pity, matey St. Shep of the Petulant? Because I also think it's a bit shoot that the developing lungs of children are damaged by exposure to vehicle exhaust fumes, that respiratory diseases of every hue are exacerbated - if not caused - by vehicle exhaust fumes?
Please pity my attitude St. Shep, whose nature is always to have mercy, cos I think it's a huge shitter - to which no amount of Banks's mild can numb me - that we've all been dealt such a crap hand in the era of mass car-dependence.

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

Please will you extend me some pity, matey St. Shep of the Petulant? Because I also think it's a bit shoot that the developing lungs of children are damaged by exposure to vehicle exhaust fumes, that respiratory diseases of every hue are exacerbated - if not caused - by vehicle exhaust fumes?
Please pity my attitude St. Shep, whose nature is always to have mercy, cos I think it's a huge shitter - to which no amount of Banks's mild can numb me - that we've all been dealt such a crap hand in the era of mass car-dependence.

I guess you don't drive or rely on any form of motorised vehicle to supply your food, clothing etc?

It must be great looking down from that high tower you all sit in, mind you probably a bit of a struggle for dnf to get up there with his asthma. 🤣

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Fair point well made, which explains why everyone was naked and starving all the time until the advent of the four car family and the one child per SUV lifestyle school run.

Back in the day the form was to toss the contents of your night soil bucket out of an open window. "Gardez loo!" The streets rivers of sh1t and piss. Doubtless some proto shep, mouthing off half cut in the local tavern, would have been defending the status quo against people looking to reform sewage management, while mocking those with cholera. In the manner, let's say, of a deeply unpleasant and vacuous kunt.

Future generations will look back on what we presently tolerate in the streets where we live with the same mixture of disgust and amazement as that with which we contemplate the medieval street scene.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I guess you don't drive or rely on any form of motorised vehicle to supply your food, clothing etc?

It must be great looking down from that high tower you all sit in, mind you probably a bit of a struggle for dnf to get up there with his asthma. 🤣
I remember the time when people were often annoyed by your posts but, like the child who keeps making a noise to get attention, it is noticeable that people now just sigh patronisingly at your comments or just openly mock them.

But it gives you and your shadow a laugh, so no real harm done, and it keeps you out of any real mischief for a few minutes. ;)

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

43F87D68-4718-409E-9819-A8B71840DD7A.jpeg

D

Deleted member 28

If only they hadn't put lead in petrol @shep might have been bright enough to understand the link between motor vehicle use and asthma.
So not one of you scratchers drive or depend on delivery vehicles?

Poor disillusioned signallers.

D

Deleted member 28

I remember the time when people were often annoyed by your posts but, like the child who keeps making a noise to get attention, it is noticeable that people now just sigh patronisingly at your comments or just openly mock them.

But it gives you and your shadow a laugh, so no real harm done, and it keeps you out of any real mischief for a few minutes. ;)
And not one of you address the fact you rely on toxin producing monstrosities to live your daily lives.

You're so hypocritical you can't see what a joke you are.

Top Bottom