Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another example of heroic hook wriggling by a copper.

This time he's successfully played the mental health card.

I see the stripper tried to do the same, although a simple GP's letter proved insufficient.

Thus the stripper's hook wriggling skills are inferior to the copper's, but she was up against a master who few of us could beat.

The Copper may well still be on the hook. Guilty of Gross Misconduct with penalty to be decided at a later date.

Do sacked Coppers still lose their pensions?

Reading the Employment Appeal judgement I felt the stripper could have put her case better eg by her representative leading formal evidence rather than relying on an unsigned letter. The Tribunal could have cut her some slack though. Although it was submitted that the decision would be a needle in the haystack of ET judgements the reality is that the press are likely to keep an eye on the lists and seize on anything that might tickle their readers salacious appetite.

Pale Rider

Veteran
IIRC, it was ‘exposed’ (sic) a few years ago as well, shame it took so long to see the light.

The link in this thread is from 2018, so we are talking about the same story.

Apart from anything else, there were lots of names in the FT, so no one wanted to risk going to subsequent events.

Do sacked Coppers still lose their pensions?

They never did - that's another example of coppers falsely bemoaning their lot.

What could happen is they might lose a portion of the pension's value, although I suspect even that was rare.

The only one I've seen publicly dealt with was two Durham cops who were criminally convicted of misconduct for flogging guns from the police's property store.

One was due a pension of £1,500 a month which was cut to about £1,100.

However, in the inevitable appeal (common theme there) he got a couple of hundred quid back, so ended up with £1,300.

Not bad for someone who actively promoted gun crime.

In general terms, the biggest loss for the sacked copper is he is denied the opportunity of contributing further to his ludicrously generous scheme.

They never did - that's another example of coppers falsely bemoaning their lot.

What could happen is they might lose a portion of the pension's value, although I suspect even that was rare.

In general terms, the biggest loss for the sacked copper is he is denied the opportunity of contributing further to his ludicrously generous scheme.

Ahh right.

Indeed a bit of Googling suggests that conviction for Treason, Official Secrets Offences or crimes committed while on duty are a pre-requisite for forfeiture but limited to the extent of employer's rather than employee's contributions.

Not that different to other Public Sector schemes. They retain the accrued years until such time as they qualify for payment. What they're stopped from doing is accruing further years and, in a defined benefit scheme based in final salary, the final years can be the most valuable.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Ahh right.

Indeed a bit of Googling suggests that conviction for Treason, Official Secrets Offences or crimes committed while on duty are a pre-requisite for forfeiture but limited to the extent of employer's rather than employee's contributions.

Not that different to other Public Sector schemes. They retain the accrued years until such time as they qualify for payment. What they're stopped from doing is accruing further years and, in a defined benefit scheme based in final salary, the final years can be the most valuable.

I suppose it would hardly be fair for the copper's contributions to be forfeit, particularly if he had years of blameless service prior to turning criminal.

I'm all in favour of fairness, even for feather bedded coppers.

One might think Wayne Couzens will die in prison a very wealthy man, given it's likely he will have his lumps sum and many months of well-pensioned life with very little to spend it on.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Look even the Royals getting in on the act..

(But not in a bad way for a change )

https://people.com/royals/camilla-d...s-impassioned-speech-against-sexual-violence/

"It takes an entire community – male and female – to dismantle the lies, words and actions that foster a culture in which sexual assault is seen as normal," the duchess said on Wednesday

Rusty Nails

Country Member
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
A rather enlightening - if somewhat grisly insight into the mindset of some of the perpetators of sexual violence against women

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-and-assaults-admitted-to-by-male-uk-students

“Perpetrators were significantly more likely to endorse offence-excusing myths associated with rape, eg victims are to blame for being assaulted, and to have more negative sexist and hostile views about women, eg believing that many of their troubles were the fault of women, and to report sexually fantasising more about harmful, such as physically hurting their sexual partner when they didn’t have consent to do so.”

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Agreed !

Well clearly, it shouldn't be spoken about as a 'womens' issue', because the origin of such issues, lies in the (unacceptable) behaviour of men.

Yes, this ^^^ is the root of the problem.

This is a problem that all men should reflect on - first, because such behaviour is (obviously) demeaning to women and secondly, because in order to feel 'safe', women will (understandably) feel the need to treat all men the same, as a form of self-protection.

I don't know what the answer to this might be, other than to ensure that my own son is brought up to treat all women (everyone) with the utmost respect.
Whilst I am enjoying your belated conversion to some sort of pro-feminist position, I feel obliged to ask if the behaviour that all men need to reflect on includes online behaviour? Such as (to pluck an example out of the air) mocking and abusing an older woman online, traducing her on other forums as a bitter old witch and posting pictures of Miss Havisham? Asking for me, but I have a friend whom I suspect would be interested in the answer.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Oh ffs. Women aren't even safe when they're dead it seems. Youngest was 9 years old.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59167648

Also, the Wayne Couzens inquiry is not statutory, which means it won't be as comprehensive as it could be. You can email your MP if you'd like to bring this to their attention. Just click on the link in this tweet.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/CCriadoPerez/status/1455114903505842183

Closing ranks .

Not listening to concerns raised .

All part of the problem.

If whistle blowers get no protection , then they're not going to come forward, are they??.

Could easily be interpreted as intentional ploy, to keep people silent.

If the MET genuinely want to clean up their act then they've got a funny way of going about things :sad:

lazybloke

Regular
Oh ffs. Women aren't even safe when they're dead it seems. Youngest was 9 years old.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59167648

Also, the Wayne Couzens inquiry is not statutory, which means it won't be as comprehensive as it could be. You can email your MP if you'd like to bring this to their attention. Just click on the link in this tweet.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/CCriadoPerez/status/1455114903505842183

Who sets the Terms of Reference for an enquiry - is this another failing of the Home Secretary?

Top Bottom