Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Taliban are hunting down and murdering Afghan sportswomen now it seems. JUNIOR volleyball player. Unbelievable.

https://www.indiatimes.com/amp/news...en-team-552120.html?__twitter_impression=true

swansonj

Regular
Someone pointed out recently how misused "bad apple" is. The point of a bad apple (and I'm sure that if there happened to be a farmer present they will correct me if necessary😀) is that it infects all the others and before you know it the entire barrel is contaminated.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Someone pointed out recently how misused "bad apple" is. The point of a bad apple (and I'm sure that if there happened to be a farmer present they will correct me if necessary😀) is that it infects all the others and before you know it the entire barrel is contaminated.

Exactly that.

The rot spreads very quickly.

You need to keep inspecting them regularly for any signs of trouble.

And taking out any that look unwholesome

How's this look?

A Police Officer's case before a misconduct panel where he is said to have harassed a female victim of abuse is granted anonymity:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...r-who-harassed-abuse-victim-granted-anonymity

An ex stripper pursuing her employer for unpaid holiday pay abandons her claim because the Employment Appeal Tribunal will not allow he claim to proceed anonymously:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/e...g-refused-right-to-anonymity/5110202.article?

Reasoning includes the assertion that as stripping was her choice then she must accept the stigma if her occupation is subsequently outed.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
How's this look?

A Police Officer's case before a misconduct panel where he is said to have harassed a female victim of abuse is granted anonymity:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...r-who-harassed-abuse-victim-granted-anonymity

An ex stripper pursuing her employer for unpaid holiday pay abandons her claim because the Employment Appeal Tribunal will not allow he claim to proceed anonymously:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/e...g-refused-right-to-anonymity/5110202.article?

Reasoning includes the assertion that as stripping was her choice then she must accept the stigma if her occupation is subsequently outed.
Same old same old.

Protect the anonymity of the police guy.

Woman can take her chances...

I mean we could very well question why even is there a stigma associated with stripping.

Or other forms of sex work.

As it's so often the same people who use these services, or condone their free and easy use by people they know .

Who then think they are in a position to morally, or socially judge the people who provide these services.

It's depressing.

But also unsurprising

Pale Rider

Veteran
Another example of heroic hook wriggling by a copper.

This time he's successfully played the mental health card.

I see the stripper tried to do the same, although a simple GP's letter proved insufficient.

Thus the stripper's hook wriggling skills are inferior to the copper's, but she was up against a master who few of us could beat.

Some time ago I saw a van drive past a young woman. The van slowed down and when the young woman caught up the 3 men in the front seat started shouting out the window to her what they would like to do to her. I was walking towards this and started at these 3 men and shock my head. Their attention was then focused on me and I proceeded to get threats of violence.

The switch from wanting to sexually molest this young woman to then wanting to commit physical violence against me was seamless.

I suppose for a lot of men there is a fine line between sexual desire and violence.

Men really are the problem, especially men in positions of power, influence or authority.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Some time ago I saw a van drive past a young woman. The van slowed down and when the young woman caught up the 3 men in the front seat started shouting out the window to her what they would like to do to her. I was walking towards this and started at these 3 men and shock my head. Their attention was then focused on me and I proceeded to get threats of violence.

The switch from wanting to sexually molest this young woman to then wanting to commit physical violence against me was seamless.

I suppose for a lot of men there is a fine line between sexual desire and violence.

Men really are the problem, especially men in positions of power, influence or authority.

It seems to be about power and control , one way or another.

Can we make the woman feel small, scared or intimidated in some way.?

Can we control them, keep them 'in their place'

Let them know ultimately who is 'in charge' here.

What we 'could' do, to the..
Even if maybe this time, they 'get lucky' and we decide not to...

It's just another form of bullying through verbal violence, and intimidation.

I'm not sure it's even about sexual desire, although maybe yes there's something about getting a 'thrill' from the power trip that comes with this intimidation.

Oh yes - and in situations where it's more than one guy.

"Hur Hur hur' look what I can do lads "

"This will be 'fun' "

With zero care for the effect, short, or long term, on the victim.

How it may shrink her life, and her confidence.

Or maybe they do know full well, and are pleased about it.

I guess it varies.

I've intervened a few times in similar situations to yours, where guys are being like that to a lone woman.

Even given those 'big brave' bully boys a bit of a talking to,

I guess I've mainly got away with it, because they've been a bit surprised at someone like me 'ticking them off' - i dunno .

Not even sure what effect it has long term..
Just 'some woman' going on, I s'pose.?

But really it would be so nice if it didn't have to be like this.

If a bit more effort could be made?

I wish I didn't have to keep bolstering the confidence of women, so they can go out and about and have the same sort of everyday and normal experiences, out by themselves, as most men take for granted, without having to be so nervous and watchful, about all this stuff.

It's a bit wearying, after all these years. :sad:

Hardly, I received plenty of stick on there as evidenced in the 'Pale Rider' thread.

By the way, why were you banned from that forum?
Well it was my persistent and creative use of the English language to get round the nanny software, and the constant complaints to the mods from a certain thin skinned cowboy hat wearing member regarding my "insulting" posts about the government. I was warned to stop, but I refused.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Well it was my persistent and creative use of the English language to get round the nanny software, and the constant complaints to the mods from a certain thin skinned cowboy hat wearing member regarding my "insulting" posts about the government. I was warned to stop, but I refused.

Making stuff up (yet again) to make a specious point.

You won't have been told who complained (if anyone), so kindly stop telling lies about me.

Remember, I've been banned too, so know how it works.

Good effort getting banned from whole place - I only managed a couple of threads.

Listening to 5 on the DAB this morning and the shocking accounts of woman being spiked in clubs, pubs and even private parties and then often being disregarded by the police as "not being able to hold their drink."

No blood tests taken when in the hospital, no samples from their drinks taken after collapsing in the venue, being chucked out on the street by bouncers and left to fend for themselves.

A friend of my partner told her about waking up in a strangers bed with him having sex with her, or actually raping her in the eyes of the law. She said she pushed him off, got dressed quickly and got a bus home. The last thing she remembered was being in the pub for after works drink, she had only had a couple of glasses of wine.

She didn't report it to the police because she knew how she would have been treated (this was about 7 or 8 years ago). Even more shockingly she told my partner this wasn't the first time something like this happened.

The drugging of woman by men so that they can rape them is not an uncommon occurrence and a new tactic seems to be the use of hypodermic needles to inject the drug directly into them.

Things haven't got better. Look at how woman are continually abused online and still in the street.

And it's not just predatory rapists stalking nightclubs or random van drivers in the street. The rot starts at the top:
Men Only: Inside the charity fundraiser where hostesses are put on show

Making stuff up (yet again) to make a specious point.

You won't have been told who complained (if anyone), so kindly stop telling lies about me.

Remember, I've been banned too, so know how it works.

Good effort getting banned from whole place - I only managed a couple of threads.
People talk to each other. I'll leave it there. There are far more serious thing to discuss in this thread.

Top Bottom