Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I suppose he is creepy too, American politics is both interesting and bizarre. Is C.C only for the elite and the average citizens are frowned upon then? Look at the trans thread and all the bigotry. This place has actually become less inclusive over the years and dominated by a few pompous snobbery core members. That’s a bit of a low blow for Shep and his ilk, he’s not even said much for ages. You can’t have a grown up discussion without insults been thrown all over.

'Suppose' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Anyone can join and discuss on here, but they've got to expect to have their input and positions scrutinised and challenged, fairly rigorously if they want to join in - otherwise what's the point?? .

Shep has stated repeatedly that he's only here for the wind-up , although curiously he objects to the trolling label - not seeming to understand that winding-up is the definition of trolling 🙄

I'm sure he's off somewhere nice, having a lovely time in his campervan, or gone to shout about football, or whatever..

I'm off for a nice windy bike ride, shall try not to get blown over..

Bazzer

I only agree on the last sentence. Biden is creepy as hell just like his son. Once independent journalists become more established more people will see the truth.
It has sod all to do with independent journalism. The right wing controls much of the media in the USA. Murdoch controls or has a hand in media outlets such as Fox, as well as several high profile US newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post. Then there are right wing cable outlets such as Newsmax. Do you seriously think that one of these media organisations wouldn't run with a claim such as you have made, given the opportunity?
So far as I am aware, even the MAGA Republicans haven't gone down this route, and they have been responsible for creating at least one false "message" allegedly sent by Hunter Biden and finding "whistleblowers", who were actually disgruntled ex employees, or were engaged in illegal activities such as breaking Iran oil sanctions, working for the Chinese government and have open arrest warrants.

Milzy

Yes quite but real whistleblowers are locked away. We have a right to the truth. Julian Assange should be set free instead of been confined to his rat infested cell.

Well @newfhouse having given it a decent chance to sink in..

Nope - nobody cares much at all, it would seem..

Nada, nil, nowt, zero, no reaction whatsoever.

I wonder why that is?

It's shock-fatigue....

theclaud

Reading around the chip

I wonder why that is?

Two things, I think. One is that people are preoccupied with what's happening in Palestine / Israel, and the other is that rapists are so unlikely to go to jail anyway that it's not really the main story here - the story is that mass incarceration is a disaster for everyone except G4S. Plus the article is paywalled.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
It's shock-fatigue....
Two things, I think. One is that people are preoccupied with what's happening in Palestine / Israel, and the other is that rapists are so unlikely to go to jail anyway that it's not really the main story here - the story is that mass incarceration is a disaster for everyone except G4S. Plus the article is paywalled.

And yet, that doesn't seem to stop em on the 'gender' thread though does it..??

Batting back and forth over the minutiae of legal and other matters re trans-rights .

(which for the avoidance of doubt I broadly support)

Even claiming that men get the 'rough deal' in the 'justice' system

Whereas this, this very real prospect of that infinitesimally small number of rapists that even do get convicted, the prospect of them dodging jail - No big deal.

Yup pretty much business as usual.

Ian H

Guru
No response here doesn't mean no-one cares. I've been a bit distracted of late, but I did see the news item. Is it too cynical to think it's calculated to appeal to their core voters? I wonder how much more damage they can do before the next election.

I wonder why that is?
The forum is bleeding death, you can see it also of you compare it to the main site, longer time between responses etc.
I also remembering responding to the jail-crises in a other topic weeks ago, so they probably have sneaked in the announcement between other news so it doesn't really stand out.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
No response here doesn't mean no-one cares. I've been a bit distracted of late, but I did see the news item. Is it too cynical to think it's calculated to appeal to their core voters? I wonder how much more damage they can do before the next election.

You mean they're advising not jailing rapists in order to appeal to their core vote.??

I mean I can get a bit despondent at the moral upstandindingness of your 'average' (🙄) citizen, but you think they think people are really that awful??

Ian H

Guru
You mean they're advising not jailing rapists in order to appeal to their core vote.??

I mean I can get a bit despondent at the moral upstandindingness of your 'average' (🙄) citizen, but you think they think people are really that awful??

I was probably being completely over the top. But this government is a total car-crash and there is a growing cluster of amoral right-wing populists lurking on the lunatic fringe.

Top Bottom