Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Wow!! It’s insane and sad. :sad:

Sadly it's what a lot of women feel they have to do to survive

And if they are disempowered by lack of resources, education, or a real free choice as to how they live their lives, because they fear a violent reaction if they choose differently, then that feeling of vulnerability isn't so far off from reality.

So that's what feminism does..
Seeks to liberate women from those unfairly skewed constraints, on their lives.

'Con'servative women, really have been conned
Conned Into thinking the patriachy is 'on their side, but ofc they only get 'approval' and 'protection' if they comply.

And then only sometimes.
But then hey "Boys will be boyz" right,??

Not to say that behind the facade of supposed equality there's not a lot of liberal lefty sorts who will in fact only play lip service to feminism.

When the chips are down the 'manosphere' and it's interests will often rear it's ugly head, and close ranks to 'defend' the indefensible.

Hence we're still fighting for liberation, and equality, even now.

Ian H

Guru
Wow!! It’s insane and sad. :sad:

Every day a surprise.

Bazzer

Rudy Guiliani recommended to be disbarred for Trump election shenanigans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/07/07/politics/dc-bar-rudy-giuliani/index.html
He will not be the first lawyer associated with Trump to lose his license and I doubt he will be the last. The alternative to Trump's use of MAGA is make attorneys get attorneys.

They are trying to frame him for anything and everything because he is the only 1 who stands in their way.

No, Trump has declared that he is, but in reality it is all projection.
What exactly is he protecting Americans who believe in democracy from? Insurectionists, voter fraud, piss poor management of the economy, grifting for personal and family gain, suggestions of people injecting themselves with bleach to combat Covid, women's reproductive rights torn from them, or a disregard of the laws of the land?

Still trying to get my head around this.

I don't know how 'Groping' or 'Sexual Assault' might be defined in Italian law.

Actually, my post #501 needs no expansion.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Still trying to get my head around this.

I don't know how 'Groping' or 'Sexual Assault' might be defined in Italian law.

Actually, my post #501 needs no expansion.

This judgement in Italy is newsworthy and outrageous because it comes from 'authority'.
But the misogynistic attitudes underpinning it, are still a commonplace, not just in Italy.

I'm reminded of this post from the start of the thread..

Referencing the UK, but the point could be about pretty much anywhere.

I used to think that the lot for the women of this country was improving, too slowly but at least heading in the correct direction. But in the last decade the opposite has been happening .

The internet has let some men's baser side come to the for which has had the effect of renormalizing attitudes that were on the wane.

Also the 'feminism has gone too far' crowd need a reminder of the reality of the modern world.

If all those guys so utterly outraged at the existence and acceptance of transwomen, could put as much consistent effort and ire into tackling the everyday harassment and assault of women in general, we'd make much more progress.

And then, of course a lot of women wouldn't be nearly so 'twitchy' about the perceived loss of their exclusive spaces.

Win win -
- so what's stopping them??

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am one quarter Italian and love the country but, politically and morally, it is a basket-case as shown by the leaders it has elected.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I am one quarter Italian and love the country but, politically and morally, it is a basket-case as shown by the leaders it has elected.
If only they'd elect fine upstanding, morally stout 'totty' respecting statesmen like ours, eh??
Screenshot_20230713-112456.png

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
The good thing is that it seems to have sparked outrage. A friend said that Rome (a few years ago) was the only place she'd been where the men just blatantly stared in appraisal at her.

Lor the bar for 'at least' is still so tragically low isn't it .?? 😞

Top Bottom