Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

I know another bunch of losers who are the same……….

matticus

Guru
... they are enjoying the women's game as more skilled and less cynical, but also seems to have a better 'vibe' to it.
I have to agree. I may be a convert.
In what way is it "more skilled"? I've yet to see a player showing skills at the Messi/Ronaldo level.

jowwy

It must be in the eye of the beholder, I didn't notice any ...

I think someone needs to hire an aircraft and fly it over Germany with the message trailing behind it It's only a game. :smile:

quotes of "more skilled" - utter bullshit
quotes of "less cynical" - utter bullshit ( watch the england goal keeper rolling around, when not even touched, watch the england goalkeeper dropping to the floor after every catch, watch them time waste when the balls down in the corners at throwings, corners etc etc)
quotes of "a better vibe" - unless you were there how would you know??
quotes of " we are not footy fans" - so if thats the case how can you compare these things to the mens game??
comparing football to golf and calling it a golf pitch

the whole post is pathetic squaller

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Taking it to the corner to see out a game when you're 2-1 up in a final against a side that isn't going to waste a scoring opportunity isn't cynical, it's tactically smart and skilled.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
What is cynical is Harry Kane obviously practising backing into jumping defenders to win fouls.

jowwy

Taking it to the corner to see out a game when you're 2-1 up in a final against a side that isn't going to waste a scoring opportunity isn't cynical, it's tactically smart and skilled.

taking it the corner is cynical time wasting

harry kane practising backing into defenders to earn fouls is tactical genius........you see how you can change the lines to suit your own rhetoric.

matticus

Guru

I THINK I saw the Indian hockey team get penalised for this - only after 3-4 seconds, too! - at the Commies last night.

(yeah, I think time-wasting is cynical too. Cynical is a VERY broad term in ANY context!)

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I THINK I saw the Indian hockey team get penalised for this - only after 3-4 seconds, too! - at the Commies last night.

(yeah, I think time-wasting is cynical too. Cynical is a VERY broad term in ANY context!)

For what? I'm not very familiar with hockey rules, but you can't penalise players for doing something just cos you don't like it, and it's ridiculous to expect relentless high-risk attacking play from a team that's ahead towards the end of extra time, when everyone is knackered and no-one wants to go out to Germany on penalties. Notwithstanding, Russo had a shot on target during the same 10 mins.

matticus

Guru
It was for cynical time-wasting - according to the commentator (standard take the ball into the corner and keep it there). I don't know much about hockey rules either!
I'm making the point that in a very similar sport, they've decided time-wasting is against the rules. Just sayin ...

jowwy

For what? I'm not very familiar with hockey rules, but you can't penalise players for doing something just cos you don't like it, and it's ridiculous to expect relentless high-risk attacking play from a team that's ahead towards the end of extra time, when everyone is knackered and no-one wants to go out to Germany on penalties. Notwithstanding, Russo had a shot on target during the same 10 mins.

Yes the referee can if he thinks its time wasting and cynical.......

In what way is it "more skilled"? I've yet to see a player showing skills at the Messi/Ronaldo level.

I'm no footie expert, and probs there are no Ronaldo's, but from what I have seen I think the quality of passing in particular has been excellent, very accurate. Also the positional play - moving the ball deftly and accurately. There's no lack of skill in the goals or the set pieces which seem to me to be on a par with the men's.
Maybe lacking in brute strength makes the focus more on accuracy and other aspects of the game.
This may if course be errant nonsense, but it's my impression!

jowwy

I'm no footie expert, and probs there are no Ronaldo's, but from what I have seen I think the quality of passing in particular has been excellent, very accurate. Also the positional play - moving the ball deftly and accurately. There's no lack of skill in the goals or the set pieces which seem to me to be on a par with the men's.
Maybe lacking in brute strength makes the focus more on accuracy and other aspects of the game.
This may if course be errant nonsense, but it's my impression!

we can see that, from watching one game........its comical

Top Bottom