Work and parenthood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Well, to be fair women have been known to express milk for later use, then anyone can tend to the child's needs, I know I did with my daughters.

And for some it's very difficult , nay impossible.
It takes ages too.

Plus it should be a free choice , not an expectation.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No sh*t tell - me all about parenting why don't you...

Whilst the infant is breastfeeding though, only one person can do that , the owner of the breasts.

Once the kid is older, and can go longer between feeds, then some one else can mind the child.

1. Not quite true, didn't (or even don't) they have so called "wet nurses" ?.

Not my era, but, I am sure that my offspring solved the breast feeding conundrum and managed to share the load with their partner.

2. Maybe I missed it, but, I have not seen anywhere thus far which specified the age of the infants.

mudsticks

Squire

Not my era, but, I am sure that my offspring solved the breast feeding conundrum and managed to share the load with their partner.

2. Maybe I missed it, but, I have not seen anywhere thus far which specified the age of the infants.

Yes why don't we go back to employing servants to breastfeed our children:eek:
??

I know you're a little bit older than me but...

What your kids did or didn't do, is neither here nor there, to ms Creasy.

The point is women have choices these days .
Or at least we're supposed to..

And the right enshrined in law to bf our kids, whenever or wherever, without fear of harassment.

But it's generally considered most beneficial for both infant and mother to keep up with bfing where possible, for at least the first 6 months.

A breastfeeding mother in the HoC sets a great example.
(Not that that is her role of course, it's just a nice incidental benefit)

BoldonLad

Yes why don't we go back to employing servants to breastfeed our children:eek:
??

I know you're a little bit older than me but...

What your kids did or didn't do, is neither here nor there, to ms Creasy.

The point is women have choices these days .
Or at least we're supposed to..

And the right enshrined in law to bf our kids, whenever or wherever, without fear of harassment.

But it's generally considered most beneficial for both infant and mother to keep up with bfing where possible, for at least the first 6 months.

A breastfeeding mother in the HoC sets a great example.
(Not that that is her role of course, it's just a nice incidental benefit)

I repeat, I did not mention breast feeding. You appear to be obsessed with it

mudsticks

Squire
Whether pumping or feeding it still takes ages... so perfectly reasonable to be spent, in the HofC, listening to stuff.

I used to get a lot of reading done.

And some lengthy phone calls undertaken.

Oh and drink a lot of tea..
Hydration essential. of course .:angel:

Plus you can eat tonnes of biscuits, and not get fat ^_^

I repeat, I did not mention breast feeding. You appear to be obsessed with it

Err you mentioned it twice in this post.

Bf'ing is very relevant because it's the main reason why an infant needs it's mother close by, and available to feed it.

Infants are generally taken to be babies, under the age of one year by the way ..

Infant: A child under the age of 1 year; more specifically, a newborn baby. Stedman's Concise Medical Dictionary for Health Professionals. Definition of neonate. Neonate: birth to 28 days inclusive (first four weeks of birth)

Pale Rider

Veteran
Amusing to see the usual little squad of middle aged blokes falling over themselves to appear on message.

The rules say no kids, she broke them, where's the beef?

BoldonLad

You said 'feeds child'.

Are you you telling us that only meant the child who is bottle fed or weaned?

No. As already explained, I meant "feed" in general, ie by what ever method. I have no idea, or, particular wish to know, how Ms Creasy chooses to feed her child, that is very much her business. Indeed, prior to this thread, I had no knowledge of Ms Creasy's existence, and/or which party she represents. To be honest, I still have no idea which party she represents, but, I assume from the howls of anguish on here, she is a Green or a Labour MP.

Top Bottom