Worse than Murder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Sentencing is obviously a bit more complicated than it seems when you read a newspaper report though. ...

Google The Sentencing Council Guidelines - these form a tight set of restrictions on how a sentencer exercises their powers. The person carrying out the sentencing has very narrow and limited discretion in reality.

the guidelines are freely available online and downloadable

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Google The Sentencing Council Guidelines - these form a tight set of restrictions on how a sentencer exercises their powers. The person carrying out the sentencing has very narrow and limited discretion in reality.

the guidelines are freely available online and downloadable

Why not provide a link hidden by a TinyURL?

Or, y'know just do this: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/

D

Deleted member 121

I will ensure I use Tiny URL's in future when I post links - just to annoy you

There is a security element to using Tinyurl links and so a perfectly reasonable argument aside from your reasonings to not use them which may put people off and discourage engagement in threads. Up to you though...

theclaud

Reading around the chip
There is a security element to using Tinyurl links and so a perfectly reasonable argument aside from your reasonings to not use them which may put people off and discourage engagement in threads. Up to you though...

What a load of cobblers.

D

Deleted member 121

There certainly is a security issue. I have to secure the doors, windows and shut the curtains in case the tinyurl link takes me to the Daily Heil or the Torygraph.

TBH. I don't really click on any link outside my virtual machine but then internet security is up to you really. She could have been referring to the engagement part of my post or all of it. Probably all of it. Not especially bothered. But anyway, if you want, here are my reasoning's.

https://technoteshelp.com/is-tinyurl-a-virus/

theclaud

Reading around the chip
LOL sorry Dave - I actually wasn't paying proper attention and thought the post I was replying to was Spen's. I'd still have been sceptical, but a bit less rude. :blush:

Top Bottom