Ya boo sucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
My idea to reduce the number of Tory hating threads has resulted in us going from six to seven because we now have to include this one.

Maybe it's the law of unforeseen consequences, but it's also amusing.

Up the workers!

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Bit contradictory, surely, to have no issue with abuse and then say 'Don't play the man.....'.

Labour haven't sold out. They've realised there is public concern about self ID reforms and that people want women's single sex spaces to be protected. Remains to be seen whether they can be trusted though.

British Rowing are to make an announcement on their transgender policy tomorrow, expected that they will be overturning their self ID position.

Or maybe they thought that was the way the wind was blowing, then realised it wasn't? To sell out you surely have to have principles in the first place.

Yeah, possibly. I think it's Lisa Nandy who said she had been unduly swayed by activists in her own team, which doesn't fill you with confidence about her ability to weigh up the issues.

80% in favour of banning Trans in women's races

Take all that to the gender thread (which has almost 500 pages now!), this is the personal insults page, ya bunch of shandy drinkers.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Veteran
this is the personal insults page,

No it isn't it's the personal insults and Tory abuse page because your mate Claud says every thread should contain abuse of Tories.

Does that make you all look like juvenile leftie w*nkers?

I suspect it does, but the answer is in your own hands.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Sometimes, yes. Can you really separate policy from personal character? Isn‘t Braverman’s evil heart bound up with her views? Or Johnson’s narcissism and greed with his? How about Starmer’s negotiable principles?

Personal abuse though? Like about the way someone looks for example? We see that on here. What does it add to the discourse? It's just venting. Personal abuse is personal abuse. 'They deserve it in my opinion' can be used to justify anything.

Personal abuse though? Like about the way someone looks for example?

If that's the only point being made, fair enough. If used with dark humour - say using a picture of Braverman's evil cackling to reinforce just how abhorrent she is - I think it has a place.

matticus

Guru
That's basically just the Bantz defence. You can use it for anything. Pale Rider will get an AI image made of certain posters with their heads up another poster's arse. Sorted!

Rusty Nails

Country Member
My idea to reduce the number of Tory hating threads has resulted in us going from six to seven because we now have to include this one.

Up the workers!

The problem with reducing the Tory-hating threads, or even merging them all, is that there are so many things wrong with the government and its ministers, that it would become as large as that other going-round-in-circles thread on gender. At least with six or seven threads we can find and access the specific problems/idiots much more easily. We have had 13 years of the Tories in government to see exactly what they have achieved damage they have done and to put that in one thread would be unmanageable.

Of course if Labour gets back into power and causes a similar amount of damage then we will see the same number of threads from comatose righties criticising them, instead of just the one having a go at Starmer which, ironically, is populated mostly by woke lefties.

Once a Wheeler

Visuel-%C3%A0-partir-du-PDF.jpg

Available here.

icowden

Legendary Member
Up the workers!
Again, for a Journalist you seem curiously uninformed.

Currently we have a Conservative Government. That Government is made up of multiple different ministries and ministers. Thus we have threads for:-
  • Suella "Drown the bastards" Braverman and her racist illegal migration policies
  • A seperate Asylum thread which could indeed be merged with the Bibby Stockholm thread.
  • Rishi "what is contactless?" Sunak and his Prime Ministerial role
  • Boris "more children than he can count" Johnson and his former PM role
  • A Brexit thread
  • A Levelling Up thread
  • A Nadine "I'll take the salary but not do the work" Dorries thread to discuss her contempt of the electorate
Aside from that, the political threads cover:-
  • Keir Starmer as leader of the opposition
  • The race for London Mayor
  • SNP Thread (aka Sturgeon)
The reason for the focus on the Conservatives is that they are in charge and doing a shoot job. Private Eye regularly gets accused of being left wing... until a Labour Government comes in at which point they get accused of being right wing. If the people in charge are doing stupid stuff it tends to excite discussion. If the people in charge are venal, self-serving morons, it invites even more comment.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Again, for a Journalist you seem curiously uninformed.

Currently we have a Conservative Government. That Government is made up of multiple different ministries and ministers. Thus we have threads for:-
  • Suella "Drown the bastards" Braverman and her racist illegal migration policies
  • A seperate Asylum thread which could indeed be merged with the Bibby Stockholm thread.
  • Rishi "what is contactless?" Sunak and his Prime Ministerial role
  • Boris "more children than he can count" Johnson and his former PM role
  • A Brexit thread
  • A Levelling Up thread
  • A Nadine "I'll take the salary but not do the work" Dorries thread to discuss her contempt of the electorate
Aside from that, the political threads cover:-
  • Keir Starmer as leader of the opposition
  • The race for London Mayor
  • SNP Thread (aka Sturgeon)
The reason for the focus on the Conservatives is that they are in charge and doing a shoot job. Private Eye regularly gets accused of being left wing... until a Labour Government comes in at which point they get accused of being right wing. If the people in charge are doing stupid stuff it tends to excite discussion. If the people in charge are venal, self-serving morons, it invites even more comment.

More cut and paste slagging off the Tories.

That's fine, it's an open forum, start 20 more copycat threads if you want to.

Just don't kid yourself it's in any way original or insightful, or saddest of all, the least remotely bit interesting or worth reading.

Top Bottom