Ya boo sucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's self-evident.

We have five or six threads all on the same topic.

Usual forum form is to have only one.

Please don't tell me you are so blinded by your leftie views you cannot see that?

You mean on the Tory government?

They're in power and screwing us over in all sorts of ways. Tons more to say about that than the Opposition.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Tons more to say about that than the Opposition.

Yes, that will always be the case.

But no duplicated threads still applies.

After all, you've supported the idea of all abuse in this thread.

Surely you cannot be saying 'no duplicated threads, unless it's abusing Tories, in which case start as many as you like'.

Yes, that will always be the case.

But no duplicated threads still applies.

After all, you've supported the idea of all abuse in this thread.

Surely you cannot be saying 'no duplicated threads, unless it's abusing Tories, in which case start as many as you like'.

You're mixing things.

I've no issue with abuse of Tories or for that matter the Labour party my membership of which will last no longer. Failure to unequivocally oppose the two child rule, over occupancy charge (IE Bedroom tax) and the overall Benefit Cap are deal breakers for me. I see the damage literally daily.

Then they've sold out to @AuroraSaab's crew on gender ID.

It's folks like you and @multitool sniping at each other that riles me here.

PLay the ball not the man

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
@glasgowcyclist with a subsidiary mention for @Bromptonaut.

You both seem keen on promoting some order in the forum.

Looking at the front page, there are five or six threads all saying the same thing, which can be summed up thus:

"The Tories are all gits, yeah, too right they are, like, like, like."

Hardly cutting edge, but I think it would be helpful and allow more topics on the front page if all Tory hating posts were in the same thread.

We have a single Strarmertron thread which seems to work.

There are no mods to move or combine threads, so I think the only way would be to pick a single Tory abuse thread, post all the abuse there, and let the others wither naturally.

There’s not a lot any of us can do about the formation of thread topics.

We probably have so many anti-Tory threads as a result of the numerous ways they’ve found to screw us over on all sorts of matters over the years. It’s both understandable and inevitable that they will have a common element expressed as “Tories are all gits” but I don’t think that makes them duplicate threads.

I was more concerned with the tone of the discussions, which are unnecessarily personally abusive, even more so than ‘normal’ lately, with tit-for-tat remarks that were embarrassingly juvenile. There are some threads where I’ve forgotten what the topic was and had to scroll back to the top of the page to remind myself because there’d been so many posts of people just slagging each other off.

It’s making the forum a chore to visit and maybe that’s the idea.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I've no issue with abuse of Tories or for that matter the Labour party my membership of which will last no longer. ......Then they've sold out to @AuroraSaab's crew on gender ID.
PLay the ball not the man

Bit contradictory, surely, to have no issue with abuse and then say 'Don't play the man.....'.

Labour haven't sold out. They've realised there is public concern about self ID reforms and that people want women's single sex spaces to be protected. Remains to be seen whether they can be trusted though.

British Rowing are to make an announcement on their transgender policy tomorrow, expected that they will be overturning their self ID position.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
@glasgowcyclist with a subsidiary mention for @Bromptonaut.

You both seem keen on promoting some order in the forum.

Looking at the front page, there are five or six threads all saying the same thing, which can be summed up thus:

"The Tories are all gits, yeah, too right they are, like, like, like."

Hardly cutting edge, but I think it would be helpful and allow more topics on the front page if all Tory hating posts were in the same thread.

We have a single Strarmertron thread which seems to work.

There are no mods to move or combine threads, so I think the only way would be to pick a single Tory abuse thread, post all the abuse there, and let the others wither naturally.

The fact that Tories are despicable shits impacts daily on our lives, and will continue to be mentioned in every thread until they are cast into the abyss and the top is sealed shut. Best get used to it.

Bit contradictory, surely, to have no issue with abuse and then say 'Don't play the man.....'.

Labour haven't sold out. They've realised there is public concern about self ID reforms and that people want women's single sex spaces to be protected. Remains to be seen whether they can be trusted though.

British Rowing are to make an announcement on their transgender policy tomorrow, expected that they will be overturning their self ID position.

The Tories are a political party who've held power in the UK for most of mine, and I'm sure your, lifetime.

Abusing a government and the politics that drive it are totally different to the personal abuse directed at other posters that led @glasgowcyclist to start this thread.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Sorry - cross-posted with Bromptonaut and GC. Good company to be in, tho.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Or maybe they thought that was the way the wind was blowing, then realised it wasn't? To sell out you surely have to have principles in the first place.

I think Bob's right, TBH. There's no one on the opposition front benches who has ever had any useful thoughts on the matter beyond what side of the culture wars will play best in Nuneaton or Redcar.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Abusing a government and the politics that drive it are totally different to the personal abuse directed at other posters that led Glasgowcyclist to start this thread.
Is there any need to personally abuse individual politicians though? Surely there is enough to go at with their policies without that? It's just venting really.

Or maybe they thought that was the way the wind was blowing, then realised it wasn't? To sell out you surely have to have principles in the first place.

Yeah, possibly. I think it's Lisa Nandy who said she had been unduly swayed by activists in her own team, which doesn't fill you with confidence about her ability to weigh up the issues.

Is there any need to personally abuse individual politicians though?

Depends upon who they are and what they say.

Not easy as we all start with our own positions and prejudices.

30p Lee or Nadine Dorries are but two examples on the Tory side who about whom one might say that, whatever your general position, they deserve a kicking.

OTOH both of us are old enough to remember how "Anthony Wedgwood Benn" was treated by the media well after he renounced his father's peerage to recognise issues the other way.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
There’s not a lot any of us can do about the formation of thread topics.

We probably have so many anti-Tory threads as a result of the numerous ways they’ve found to screw us over on all sorts of matters over the years. It’s both understandable and inevitable that they will have a common element expressed as “Tories are all gits” but I don’t think that makes them duplicate threads.

I was more concerned with the tone of the discussions, which are unnecessarily personally abusive, even more so than ‘normal’ lately, with tit-for-tat remarks that were embarrassingly juvenile. There are some threads where I’ve forgotten what the topic was and had to scroll back to the top of the page to remind myself because there’d been so many posts of people just slagging each other off.

It’s making the forum a chore to visit and maybe that’s the idea.

The fact that Tories are despicable shits impacts daily on our lives, and will continue to be mentioned in every thread until they are cast into the abyss and the top is sealed shut. Best get used to it.

Pretty simple stuff really .

If the tories desist, both as individuals, and as a 'governing' party as a whole, from being totally and utterly despicable shoots, then, we can have fewer threads about them.

Balls pretty much in their court I'd say..

Top Bottom