A warmer welcome for refugees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
IIRC you can link to You Tube or broadcasts.

Somebody pointed us to an instructive Owen Jones item on political insults v violence.

Yes I did know that :okay:

I might even have posted a couple myself .

I just thought you might have some personal footage.

And of course it would give the old fun sponge something more to sneer at too :rolleyes:

It's straight out of 'keeping up appearances isn't it':laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
The fun city is looking it's usual shabby self.
I can't see any grammatical errors there though.

You moved to other countries in a legal way because that option was open to you, having been born in a western country.
as part of a effort of my goverment to offer certain options to it's citizens. A forced options because it is ta funded, and there is no opt-out if i where to say nah, i don't need it
Glad you recognise that privelege at least.
by lack of a better term, yes.
And nobody tries the whole 'we need to look after our own' first argument any more do they?

That's Katy Hopkins level .

Sure we need to do better on many fronts, fully on board with that.
No katy hopings would add it all the fault off muslims/immigrants etc. whatever makes more headlines. But inmagine when the titanic was sinking and i would offer the rescue the poeple struggling on a dingy would that have been a good idea? The goverment(s) across europe are doing just that, with as little tissue to stop the bleeding a system where you can buy a house at a overpriced rate in your twenties, needing to pay it off the rest of your life and being in big trouble if the house price inevitable will drop at some point.
Meanwhile there is lots of newbuild, mostly flats in either those above mentioned buying formats or in overpriced rents, is it really fair to allow more people in when the inevitable tensions will cause more racism, anger, tensions etc. ? surely not affecting the leafy places where govement donors/officials etc. live or should we demand more action to solve these issues once and for all, it's not hard lots of those overpriced flats don't sell anyway so the government just has to say to the developer, you flat is now ours, here is your tip for what we think it's worth. The goverment can do that, ask dutch farmers for example.(if it's smart is a next one)
But you don't honestly think barely 'looking after' a few thousand refugees stops us doing that do you ??

It's not 'importing problems' these are human beings were talking about here.

Many of whom could go on to be valuable members of our communities, if they chose to settle.
But it's not a few thousand, this problem is going on for years so a few thousand became a few hundred thousand along with the rise of cultural issues like murders because someone has shamed their family by rejecting to marry their 69 year old uncle and went for a younger person instead.
and surely there are also plus sides, it is indeed ridiculous that in most if not all eu countries and the uk refugees are not allowed to work. (as you said in a list above) But despite talking about human beings, we also have to acknoledge that different poeple have different problems, if we don't do that and try to look the other way, well ask those girls in Rotherham. i mean it's criminally naive to think all immigrants will bring peace and joy.
Of course many refugees ultimately prefer to return to their country of origin.
Local refugee so in the countries directly surrounding it has high return rates, most of the people who fled the small part of Kurdish Iraq that was invaded by Isis returned for example and most people fled to Libanon from Iraq returned aswell. but from europe the numbers are really really low and then you also have countries like Afghanistan now, where you can't expect anyone to be wanting to return to.

It's not correct, as the slightest bit of research would tell you (or them).
I know it's not correct but it does come up every single time their being interviewed, it does'nt really matter if it is itv, bbc or some youtube based channel the answer is always the same. So to soluttion is telling them, but it's not that simple as there is a whole illegal network active telling them otherwise, charging large sums to get them smuggled here, and enter an life of illegal labour once in the uk.

The numbers, compared to France, Germany or the Netherlands (per head of population) are small. The overall numbers are way fewer than in the past; for example when the French had a refuge at Sangatte.
Yes but that was also not my point, you don't need a dangerous sea crossing once you are in Europe to get to Germany or the Netherlands, however there is a vast amount let in the middle whether it is many or few or whatever who choose to leave the safety of a country where they do not have to fear government prosecution, which France by means of eu member also provides, to make a dangerous sea crossing to get to the uk. And France seems to be more concerned with fighting about a fishing deal not going their way when they first agreed to it or want to extort more money from the uk before that try and stop these criminals.
I'm sorry i'm not overfilled with joy about the amal party it's just not my idea of something to celebrate knowing that for every 9 your old that makes it a lot of them died in the cold sea too. And all based on lies and politics..
The number arriving by boat is made to sound alarming, or as though it were an invasion. The reality is that they're not swarming ashore D-Day style though if you visit the Dover-Dungeness coast you'll see the Border Force etc on patrol. They're using boats more because for various reasons there are fewer lorries plus the death of the Vietnamese at Purfleet has put the wind up them. Boats are also said to be cheaper.

The reality is that the small numbers coming here are those with family or clan in the UK and who have good English.

If we let them work it might even help resolve the tsunami (the regulator's words not mine) of problems for our care system.
But if that would be the case it would be better to just put them on the Calais or Dunkirk ferry, sounds like a better option than a dingly.
That vietnamese in the lorry is a other example if immigration held up by lies and tragically those who make it or often still trapped in a illegal system, exploited for the extortionate amounts to get here exploited because they fear authorities once they are here, you can't call that a healthy situation right?
Almost all of our immigrants come here legally but you'll ignore that.... again.
No you just try to say something while saying nothing, i mean the topic is about boat crossing's in dingy's that has nothing to do with legal immigration. Try to improve your reading comprehension so you actually can make sense of the letters and words.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
as part of a effort of my goverment to offer certain options to it's citizens. A forced options because it is ta funded, and there is no opt-out if i where to say nah, i don't need it

No katy hopings would add it all the fault off muslims/immigrants etc. whatever makes more headlines. But inmagine when the titanic was sinking and i would offer the rescue the poeple struggling on a dingy would that have been a good idea? The goverment(s) across europe are doing just that, with as little tissue to stop the bleeding a system where you can buy a house at a overpriced rate in your twenties, needing to pay it off the rest of your life and being in big trouble if the house price inevitable will drop at some point.
Meanwhile there is lots of newbuild, mostly flats in either those above mentioned buying formats or in overpriced rents, is it really fair to allow more people in when the inevitable tensions will cause more racism, anger, tensions etc. ? surely not affecting the leafy places where govement donors/officials etc. live or should we demand more action to solve these issues once and for all, it's not hard lots of those overpriced flats don't sell anyway so the government just has to say to the developer, you flat is now ours, here is your tip for what we think it's worth. The goverment can do that, ask dutch farmers for example.(if it's smart is a next one)

But it's not a few thousand, this problem is going on for years so a few thousand became a few hundred thousand along with the rise of cultural issues like murders because someone has shamed their family by rejecting to marry their 69 year old uncle and went for a younger person instead.
and surely there are also plus sides, it is indeed ridiculous that in most if not all eu countries and the uk refugees are not allowed to work. (as you said in a list above) But despite talking about human beings, we also have to acknoledge that different poeple have different problems, if we don't do that and try to look the other way, well ask those girls in Rotherham. i mean it's criminally naive to think all immigrants will bring peace and joy.

Local refugee so in the countries directly surrounding it has high return rates, most of the people who fled the small part of Kurdish Iraq that was invaded by Isis returned for example and most people fled to Libanon from Iraq returned aswell. but from europe the numbers are really really low and then you also have countries like Afghanistan now, where you can't expect anyone to be wanting to return to.

I know it's not correct but it does come up every single time their being interviewed, it does'nt really matter if it is itv, bbc or some youtube based channel the answer is always the same. So to soluttion is telling them, but it's not that simple as there is a whole illegal network active telling them otherwise, charging large sums to get them smuggled here, and enter an life of illegal labour once in the uk.

Yes but that was also not my point, you don't need a dangerous sea crossing once you are in Europe to get to Germany or the Netherlands, however there is a vast amount let in the middle whether it is many or few or whatever who choose to leave the safety of a country where they do not have to fear government prosecution, which France by means of eu member also provides, to make a dangerous sea crossing to get to the uk. And France seems to be more concerned with fighting about a fishing deal not going their way when they first agreed to it or want to extort more money from the uk before that try and stop these criminals.
I'm sorry i'm not overfilled with joy about the amal party it's just not my idea of something to celebrate knowing that for every 9 your old that makes it a lot of them died in the cold sea too. And all based on lies and politics..

But if that would be the case it would be better to just put them on the Calais or Dunkirk ferry, sounds like a better option than a dingly.
That vietnamese in the lorry is a other example if immigration held up by lies and tragically those who make it or often still trapped in a illegal system, exploited for the extortionate amounts to get here exploited because they fear authorities once they are here, you can't call that a healthy situation right?

No you just try to say something while saying nothing, i mean the topic is about boat crossing's in dingy's that has nothing to do with legal immigration. Try to improve your reading comprehension so you actually can make sense of the letters and words.

Perhaps if you'd written something semi-coherent that might be easier?

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
If the Titanic was sinking, would lashing the refugees together and using them as a raft work...?

Building more houses, and adopting a better, more secure, rental system would work far more effectively. I'm unusual in that I have a council flat with a secure tenancy from which I can watch the property escalator distort social conditions to ever more unequal levels.

If this word soup made any sense I might try and reply...

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's not the language that's the problem, it's the scattershot arrangement of ideas that confuses.

Perhaps, not easy to be eloquent in a foreign language. Being a typical "one language" Brit, I cannot speak from experience. I didn't say I agreed with him, by the way.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

"Try to improve your reading comprehension so you actually can make sense of the letters and words." *

You do know that we generally try to be very nice and understanding, because we assume that English isn't your first language, and that our Dutch would doubtless be unintelligible.??

But there does come a point at which it's difficult not to slightly arch an eyebrow at such* exhortations ...

FishFright

If you're that bothered about immigration then why not go home ? Every little helps.

Top Bottom