A warmer welcome for refugees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

If you're that bothered about immigration then why not go home ? Every little helps.
Now that is a sentiment I agree with, I doubt it would go down well with our new found refugees though!

Talk about one rule for one!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Bit unkind, IMHO, to someone who's first language is presumably not English?

My first language isn't English.

D

Deleted member 28

Has the concept of irony not reached Wolverhampton yet.?? :rolleyes:
Don't really understand?

If you complain about how the country is run but don't come from here, do one!

As the bloke above said.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So?

Not everything has the same level of eloquence in their native language, or a learned language. I bit of tolerance and undertandning does no harm.

I agree. And to be clear I tolerate and take on board the views of others, embrace them even. But sometimes there's just unintelligible gibberish, so what's the point in trying to engage with that?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I agree. And to be clear I tolerate and take on board the views of others, embrace them even. But sometimes there's just unintelligible gibberish, so what's the point in trying to engage with that?

I get that, but, IMHO, :

Perhaps if you'd written something semi-coherent that might be easier?

Is not a very polite or constructive way to say that.

You could have just not commented. ;)

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Don't really understand?

If you complain about how the country is run but don't come from here, do one!

As the bloke above said.

You don't see the irony of an immigrant , complaining about immigration to this country??.

All while we bend over backwards, being accomadating trying to comprehend the word salad posts. ?

It's not totally dissimilar to our own slightly embarrassing 'expat' (not emigrant) exports.

Who move to, or holiday in Spain, but also expect all day inglish breakfasts, and boorishly lout about the place in packs making idiots of themselves.

The same ones who then come back here and moan about 'too many immigrants'

Getting any teensy hints of double standards there.??

At all??

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I get that, but, IMHO, :

Is not a very polite or constructive way to say that.

You could have just not commented. ;)

While I get what you're saying, posts on forums are there for reply and debate.

Personally I like to be clear and concise when I'm writing or speaking in English; if you're trying to make a point, make it, don't just throw words at a screen.

D

Deleted member 28

You don't see the irony of an immigrant , complaining about immigration to this country??.

All while we bend over backwards, being accomadating trying to comprehend the word salad posts. ?

It's not totally dissimilar to our own slightly embarrassing 'expat' (not emigrant) exports.

Who move to, or holiday in Spain, but also expect all day inglish breakfasts, and boorishly lout about the place in packs making idiots of themselves.

At all??
Get it now, bit slow sometimes.
This happened a lot yo my missus in the run up to Brexit, many Asian Consultants she worked with voted leave as they were 'fed up with all the immigrants '?

She would just look at them and smile, invariably they would say something like "I know we're immigrants but you know what I mean ".

Er..........no.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Far right groups are harassing Afghan refugees in hotels where they are being accommodated. It's the usual tactics of confrontation, followed by dissemination of false accusations, e.g. that the refugees are sexually harassing schoolgirls.

Far-right groups in UK target hotels housing Afghan refugees | The far right | The Guardian

"The evacuation of thousands of Afghan refugees to the UK after Kabul fell to the Taliban has triggered an increase in far-right groups targeting hotels where they are being accommodated, according to those monitoring the activities of extremist groups.
Britain First is one of the most prominent organisations involved and, according to its own website, has made more than a dozen unsolicited visits in recent weeks to hotels housing Afghan refugees in areas including Telford, Stoke-on-Trent and Colchester.
Hope Not Hate, a campaign group that monitors the activities of the far right, says the resettlement schemes for Afghans have became a focal point for many of these groups. It says the arrival of the refugees has led to the far right “reviving, and refining, similar attacks used during the Syria crisis”.
The group says the far right is using Islamophobic narratives such as the “Muslim takeover of Europe”, framing refugees as potential terrorists or sexual predators."

If the Titanic was sinking, would lashing the refugees together and using them as a raft work...?

Building more houses, and adopting a better, more secure, rental system would work far more effectively. I'm unusual in that I have a council flat with a secure tenancy from which I can watch the property escalator distort social conditions to ever more unequal levels.
That is what we do now, it's not just about building houses that's happening already it's about building houses where the lowest of income groups are actually helped with. I mean it's nice they build a flat in London with an swinging pool on the top floor, but if you can only use it if you bought the 1 million+ most expensive home and can only look at it if you paid just below 900k in the same flat.
If this word soup made any sense I might try and reply...
What does this priveledged reply has to add to the discusion? are you sort of trying to impose your view on others? Because other than that it really does'nt have a function.
"Try to improve your reading comprehension so you actually can make sense of the letters and words." *
I said that because @FishFright said something that had'nt had anything to the with the discussion, so that lead me to wonder if he understood the words of just found random trigger words and responded that way. Unfortunually that is a thing these days.
You do know that we generally try to be very nice and understanding, because we assume that English isn't your first language, and that our Dutch would doubtless be unintelligible.??
Probably but as explained above it was'nt about the level of english or my level of englsih but about the tone deff remark that had only at a side side track something to do with the topic, it's compable to wanting to fix the seatbelt fixings of a car when the issue is with the engine. But important but not in the slightest related but both in the topic of a car.
But there does come a point at which it's difficult not to slightly arch an eyebrow at such* exhortations ...
eyebrow raising is fine disagreeing with me too but please just on topic and not with getting unrelated things added into it.
If you're that bothered about immigration then why not go home ? Every little helps.
Except that is was never about immigration in this case but more about how we manage it and i added to that that it's not only an uk problem but more around western europe, adding some semi racist thing to your earlier remark does'nt make it more relevant.

At all??
Except for it's twisting my words to fit an easyer narrative, which is a bit unfortunate because it is'nt what i actually said. i also never said ''too many immigrants'' i just made a point that it are not a few thousands like you stated but at least a few hunderd thousand, because those few thousand of your is monthly, and only for the uk. Still i never added a qualification to the numbers that's what you're doing now, my point is that with any number it more about managing, and at the moment western europe can't because those refuges will start at the bottom and that just where the main issues are in terms of housing/poverty etc. etc. and it will just add to the problem en make ukip and the likes in the rest of europe bigger.

Archie_tect

The attractiveness of UKIP and more extreme political groups is down to the rhetoric created to make others different and to create tension for political effect.

People are the same the world over- there is no difference between us [except for the way our skin copes with differing levels of solar radiation] so living together in a community brings people together- dividing people has political benefits which are only useful to those who seek to manipulate others to their own advantage.

We should resist all attempts to divide us and talk to each other in a less aggressive manner- starting here amd now.

Top Bottom