Brave, brave soldiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Not really long words, dear - maximum 3-syllable and descriptive, I thought. Oh - off I go, being pedantic again...

There's a spelling mistake in there an' all.

Yes but any more than 3 syllables and one runs the risk of sounding like a pretentious pr1ck and I'm sure you wouldn't want that. 😉

mudsticks

Squire
Yes but any more than 3 syllables and one runs the risk of sounding like a pretentious pr1ck and I'm sure you wouldn't want that. 😉

Why would you want to restrict usage of the wondrous English language , in that narrow minded way??

That's the sort of thing that only narrow minded, uneducated sorts would come up with..

Surely you're not suggesting some kind of peasantish, dumbing down of discourse??

:laugh:

D

Deleted member 49

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Celine

Hahaha, you are delusional :laugh: She denied doing anything wrong, and carried that on until she was found guilty of breaching the code of conduct!

"Lucas, the Green MP for Brighton Pavilion since 2010, insisted she has done nothing wrong, but said she cannot comment further as investigations by the parliamentary commissioner for standards are confidential."
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-lucas-investigated-over-election-fundraisers

This is one of the rare occasions on which I miss Paley. At least he knew the difference between a lie and a misrepresentation.

icowden

Legendary Member
So when Caroline Lucas doesn't understand the rules it is someone else's fault? That is what you are saying here isn't it?
No. And you are still misrepresenting. She knew the rules, and was aware of other cases where the rules had been applied in a way that she thought was fair and reasonable. After the investigation the point was clarified for all MPs and she apologised for her misunderstanding.

I'm not sure that you know what a lie is.

Lie:
to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

It cannot be evidenced that Corbyn lied about the virgin train or antisemitism within his party. Caroline Lucas did not lie as she had no intent to decieve.

Boris on the other hand stated that he didn't know he had broken the rules that he set and announced, he did not know he was at his own birthday party etc etc.

Boris is a liar. He cannot sue for slander if he is called a liar as he has been proved a liar both in court and in his previous jobs where he has been sacked for his lies. He is a serial teller of untruths.

Last edited:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

'Pretentious' - a four-syllable (if enunciated correctly) word meaning to affect behaviours, attitudes and mannerisms that are not genuine - ie to pretend to be that which you are not.

What is it you imagine I am, that I am pretending not to be, then, eh? And what's any of this got to do with a pack of obsequious, grovelling little creeps lying their sorry little arses off to defend an appalling, amoral sack of Eton-educated pus and faeces?

mudsticks

Squire
'Pretentious' - a four-syllable (if enunciated correctly) word meaning to affect behaviours, attitudes and mannerisms that are not genuine - ie to pretend to be that which you are not.

What is it you imagine I am, that I am pretending not to be, then, eh? And what's any of this got to do with a pack of obsequious, grovelling little creeps lying their sorry little arses off to defend an appalling, amoral sack of Eton-educated pus and faeces?

Man who doesn't like pretentious speech, supports a government containing the likes of JRM 😁

D

Deleted member 28

........and the rest go around sucking each others metaphorical cocks.

Funny old World.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
She knew the rules, and was aware of other cases where the rules had been applied in a way that she thought was fair and reasonable.
Ah, so she knew the rules, but deliberately ignored them because they didn't suit her at the time?

Got it.
After the investigation the point was clarified for all MPs and she apologised for her misunderstanding.
But first she said she had done nothing wrong (Guardian quote up the thread). As you have just said she did know the rules, then she is a liar isn't she?

It cannot be evidenced that Corbyn lied about the virgin train or antisemitism within his party.
Well there is Virgin train video of the event, when he walked past empty chairs, sat on the floor to be videoed, then went back to the same empty chairs and sat down. How much more proof do you want?

And just to check, did you really type that he didn't lie about anti-semitism in the Labour party?

Caroline Lucas did not lie as she had no intent to decieve.
And you know this for a fact how exactly?

icowden

Legendary Member
Ah, so she knew the rules, but deliberately ignored them because they didn't suit her at the time?
No. She knew the rules and applied the rules based on what other people had done applying the same rules. She was then somewhat surprised that she had been found to have breached the rules, which were not specific enough it would appear.
But first she said she had done nothing wrong (Guardian quote up the thread). As you have just said she did know the rules, then she is a liar isn't she?
Yes, because as far as she was aware she had done nothing wrong.

Well there is Virgin train video of the event, when he walked past empty chairs, sat on the floor to be videoed, then went back to the same empty chairs and sat down. How much more proof do you want?
As is explained in the link, many of the chairs looked empty as their occupant was elsewhere or were ticketed. Unless you have proof positive that Corbyn was trying to deceive, then this one is not proof of lying.

And just to check, did you really type that he didn't lie about anti-semitism in the Labour party?
And you know this for a fact how exactly?
In the same way that you know it not to be a fact. i.e. it cannot be proven. Following the standard process of innocent until proven guilty, that (for the time being) lets Corbyn off the hook.

Unlike Boris who demonstrably lied multiple times and is on video doing so.

Top Bottom