Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I am not a statistician so it’s possible that I used a word that has a technical meaning beyond that which I intended. Perhaps I should have said “made some efforts to exclude this as a confounding variable…”

OK, I don't see why asking married(?) couples who voted differently would "exclude this as a confounding variable".

Does a marriage certificate have a statistical significant?, who would have thought it?

OK, I don't see why asking married(?) couples who voted differently would "exclude this as a confounding variable".

Does a marriage certificate have a statistical significant?, who would have thought it?

Most married couples pool their resources so generally share the same wealth / lifestyle bracket. There may be examples of a high earner leaving their spouse at home when they go on an expensive holiday but I reckon that’s rare.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

I live in the same house as my spouse, we share a bank account, we holiday together.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think it means that other factors like income or class would be less significant because the couples were married and so both likely to be of roughly equal status re class, jobs, and money etc. The report says that where a couple voted differently, the less intelligent spouse was more likely to vote Leave. I think people still retain an element of class identification even after becoming more wealthy so that might be a factor they couldn't plan for.

(I see it's already been explained while I typed)

BoldonLad

I think it means that other factors like income or class would be less significant because the couples were married and so both likely to be of roughly equal status re class, jobs, and money etc. The report says that where a couple voted differently, the less intelligent spouse was more likely to vote Leave. I think people still retain an element of class identification even after becoming more wealthy so that might be a factor they couldn't plan for.

(I see it's already been explained while I typed)

I suppose I need to admit here, I automatically distrust any utterance which includes terms like "Working Class", or, indeed, any reference to "class".

So?, I assume you don't share thought processes

That is the point made by the survey. Cognitive intelligence, eh? Tricky blighter.

multitool

Shaman
Exactly the sort of patronising shite why people voted leave...anyone who has any sort of a connection with working class people or the areas they live in saw this coming.

Are you saying working class people are less intelligent?????????

What a horrid little snob.

BoldonLad

That is the point made by the survey. Cognitive intelligence, eh? Tricky blighter.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 20.20.48.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 20.20.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 20.20.48.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom