Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
https://www.ft.com/content/cdaddf62-72f7-4789-890c-69f1ce196748

Uk melt down to appease our US 'friends'.
China are a massive investor so the backlash nay be massive too.
Now reported by the Torygraph that a US company has snapped it up, almost exactly 12 months on.

D

Deleted member 121

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-67432935.amp

Strange, Brexit and Covid government ineptitude has put dozens if not scores of councils under extreme strain.
The BBC says 10% are at risk of bankruptcy whilst others say it is 30% of poorer councils.
'Levelling up' is soon getting forgotten now that the sh×t is hitting the fan.

I have some solutions.
  1. Make 30 pence meals
  2. Ask for a pay rise
  3. Ask for more hours
  4. Make nettle soup
  5. Get a better job in another council
  6. Stop taking the knee
  7. Bring back the death penalty.
  8. Stop following Eddie "Suzy" Izzard into the toilets
  9. Live on wheat biscuits

Oh and Fück off to France...

Only then will can we truly "level up" and councils pay their bills...

Why are so many Brexidiots such delicate snowflakes? Own your shït.

IMG_4057.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...irror-article-was-distressing-personal-attack

C R

Über Member

With this and the acquittal of the people that said tory scum in the vicinity of IDS, I'm sure that soon there s going to be a summary offence of making a tory feel bad. The offence will be punishable with an on the spot fine of £200.00 issued by said tory, to make sure that woke enemy of the people judges can not thwart stands to reason natural justice.

With this and the acquittal of the people that said tory scum in the vicinity of IDS, I'm sure that soon there s going to be a summary offence of making a tory feel bad. The offence will be punishable with an on the spot fine of £200.00 issued by said tory, to make sure that woke enemy of the people judges can not thwart stands to reason natural justice.

Worse than that, they’ll make you queue for months for hospital treatment, you won’t find a dentist, and your kids will be forced to wear hard hats as school uniform.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
Paging AndyCRX and Pallid Rinder....

Screenshot_20231123_084543_Samsung Internet.jpg

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It's not due to being less intelligent. People in low paid jobs due to poorer educational qualifications were more likely to shoulder the disadvantages of EU membership (such as they were) and less likely to be able to enjoy the benefits, like easy and cheap holidays to Europe or retiring to France.

People vote in what they perceive to be their own interests (even if it's not actually in their own long term interests). Which is why the 'educated' who are more likely to be in good jobs or business owners voted to stay and enjoy the benefits of free movement and cheaper labour, and the 'less educated' at the bottom of the social pile didn't give a toss about ending free movement.

The Remain campaign should have been all about the economic benefits of membership outweighing the short term disadvantages that some would have to shoulder and addressing those issues so that those at the bottom didn't feel the impact.

It's not due to being less intelligent. People in low paid jobs due to poorer educational qualifications were more likely to shoulder the disadvantages of EU membership (such as they were) and less likely to be able to enjoy the benefits, like easy and cheap holidays to Europe or retiring to France.

The study made some effort to control for this, notably by surveying married couples who voted differently to each other.

Not sure I understand why that would be a “control”?

I am not a statistician so it’s possible that I used a word that has a technical meaning beyond that which I intended. Perhaps I should have said “made some efforts to exclude this as a confounding variable…”

Top Bottom