Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
...which usually involves non-local relatives phoning me up asking me to go and change a light bulb or check that somebody with Alzheimer's hasn't switched their freezer off again by mistake thinking they were turning on the light.

Before you turn in could you check on my cousin in Junkie Cul-de-Sac and see that he's sorted for ketamine and lentil soup? I worry, being so far away.

multitool

Hyperbole? Maybe just a bit.

That is the insidious nature of ASB. For the people on the receiving end of it it can be crippling. For the guy doing it, it's just business as usual...he doesn't give a toss. He's in his early 30s, loud and aggressive. They are 70+, and many of them are not only in a very poor state of health but also pretty isolated, which is why they have ended up in sheltered housing in the first place.

But, yanno. Carry on chipping away for an attempt at a cheap point. I'm not playing anyway. Score as many goals as you think you can.

bobzmyunkle

Can't say I'm not intrigued...crack on 😁
Sharing is caring

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I've lived here for quarter of a century, and in that time have built relationships with some of the residents, although for reasons posted upthread they are not ones that tend to last for more than a few years. I have been a first point of contact for some of them, which usually involves non-local relatives phoning me up asking me to go and change a light bulb or check that somebody with Alzheimer's hasn't switched their freezer off again by mistake thinking they were turning on the light. So I have some interest in what goes on here.

Sounds just like what most of us consider the sort of stuff that being a neighbour entails, and, of course, which none of us have ever had any experience of, never mind banging on about it on the internet.

You've done a good deed, well done, you've had the piss taken out of you for the telling of it, and no elderly people, other than possibly me, were harmed by the posts' responses.

Top Bottom