Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Thought so :laugh:

multitool

Junkie update, for those interested in how to tackle ASB, and doubtless catnip for my little tag-team of Internet bullies:

Community policing van came to village a few days back, prompted by concerns. We letter dropped the old people in case they didn't see the social media postings. Lots of them went. We got feedback from the PCSOs and also some other people keen to put an end to the ASB, theft, drug-dealing, and intimidation.

Interestingly, the PCSO brought somebody from the council housing team and he was useless, evasive, had come unequipped and unprepared and was put in his place by the PCSOs. The PCSOs suggested an ASB camera be fitted in the street to record the frequent shouting matches in the early hours in the road. Council guy claimed that there weren't any, PCSOs countered by saying that there are because they had used them before. Some of the vulnerable elderly neighbours wanted to report issues but the council guy hadn't bothered to bring any forms with him. So far from the PCSOs being "useless" (as said by another poster here) they are definitely pro-active.

We also heard that the local police have assigned plain clothes crime team to investigate, and monitor the drug-dealing, given that the "known car" is a frequent visitor. I don't think I mentioned this before but by sheer chance I met one of them at the pub about 2 or 3 weeks ago and he promised to see if he could help. (he was very much an old-school type of fuzz, read into that what you will) The night before, at same pub, I'd met a guy (ex-pc, but really genuine nice guy) who worked in a neighbouring county doing work on a council-funded ASB team. His approach was to try and get interventions in place, and then if that failed would start using court orders to limit the ASB. He said most of the time the prolific offenders don't change, but he has had a few cases where people have turned their lives round in a remarkable way. I briefly mentioned the problem our community is facing and he felt we should involve the actual police more. He said that the guy will definitely be known to them and have a long history of offending. Didn't sound very hopeful that this guy could be turned around.

Just looked at the postcode crime data map. Local crime has gone up by 300% in the last 12 months. I done need to tell you whose address the number icon is hovering over.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I assume I'm one of your perceived catnip bullies.

I'm glad that you've got a positive response.

multitool

Open meeting in village today, with PCSOs and Council rep. The two arsêholes will be issued with a warning letter forbidding them from various things such as knocking on people's doors, getting into people's cars uninvited, stealing, shouting and swearing in public. If they break these conditions (which they will) they will go to court.

Council housing officer needs written evidence in order to take action. So forms will be available in village shop.

What is becoming apparent is that the elderly neighbours are scared to take action, including attending meetings. The male junkie threatened to stab a resident a few months ago, and repeated the threats at a later date. Bizarrely, and much to the annoyance of the PCSOs, the police took no action.

This has not gone unnoticed by the residents, who clearly feel vulnerable and not protected. The amputee has told us that he hates living there now and wants to move, because he is surrounded by it.

Last week, there were approx. 8 police officers banging on the junkies' door. They arrested the female. There is an ongoing case against her, but we don't know what it is. A quick Google of her name revealed that she has a decade's long history of crime. Similarly, so does her boyfriend; found guilty 9 years ago of stealing £500 from his (now) ex-girlfriend. Clearly more than this, but this is just what is in the public domain. Nice people.

Weekly thefts of deliveries to local shop. At least they are eating well.

We've had the car with the man who tried to piss on neighbour's house back, which I fed back to a DC contact of mine who took description of occupants and told me that they are key players in another job they are investigating.

We just want these scumbags gone, and are willing to put in the leg work to do it.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Your village is weird.

Do these addicts own a property? Or is it rented, either privately or from the council? If owned, it could be tricky. If rented it could be sorted fairly rapidly.

Open village meetings and PCSO involvement won't solve anything.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Open meeting in village today, with PCSOs and Council rep. The two arsêholes will be issued with a warning letter forbidding them from various things such as knocking on people's doors, getting into people's cars uninvited, stealing, shouting and swearing in public. If they break these conditions (which they will) they will go to court.

Council housing officer needs written evidence in order to take action. So forms will be available in village shop.

What is becoming apparent is that the elderly neighbours are scared to take action, including attending meetings. The male junkie threatened to stab a resident a few months ago, and repeated the threats at a later date. Bizarrely, and much to the annoyance of the PCSOs, the police took no action.

This has not gone unnoticed by the residents, who clearly feel vulnerable and not protected. The amputee has told us that he hates living there now and wants to move, because he is surrounded by it.

Last week, there were approx. 8 police officers banging on the junkies' door. They arrested the female. There is an ongoing case against her, but we don't know what it is. A quick Google of her name revealed that she has a decade's long history of crime. Similarly, so does her boyfriend; found guilty 9 years ago of stealing £500 from his (now) ex-girlfriend. Clearly more than this, but this is just what is in the public domain. Nice people.

Weekly thefts of deliveries to local shop. At least they are eating well.

We've had the car with the man who tried to piss on neighbour's house back, which I fed back to a DC contact of mine who took description of occupants and told me that they are key players in another job they are investigating.

We just want these scumbags gone, and are willing to put in the leg work to do it.

But, gone where? Won't they simply blight the lives of a different set of (vulnerable?) residents?

multitool

But, gone where? Won't they simply blight the lives of a different set of (vulnerable?) residents?

Yep, but that isn't a reason for inaction.

Can always sent them to you and AndyRM if you are feeling hospitable. Andy did mention that they needed support. Now is his chance to shine.

multitool

Your village is weird.

I disagree

Do these addicts own a property? Or is it rented, either privately or from the council? If owned, it could be tricky. If rented it could be sorted fairly rapidly.

As I've said before, they are housed in sheltered accommodation for vulnerable elderly people. Put here during first lockdown.

Open village meetings and PCSO involvement won't solve anything.

I disagree.

D

Deleted member 28

I disagree

As I've said before, they are housed in sheltered accommodation for vulnerable elderly people. Put here during first lockdown.

I disagree.

Sounds like a right shithole where you live, didn't you do very well at school?

I can see now how you paid your mortgage off 25yrs ago, the houses must cost f**k all!

multitool

Sounds like a right shithole where you live, didn't you do very well at school?

I can see now how you paid your mortgage off 25yrs ago, the houses must cost f**k all!

No idea of current value of my house as I've lived here 26 years and no intention to move.

Next door sold last year for £1.3 million.

Top Bottom