Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Amusing, as ever, to see the woke lefties tie themselves in knots when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

Anti-social behaviour of this type is a huge blight on people's lives.

It's usually described as low level crime, but in a lot of ways is more impactful than murder because the vast majority us will never be involved in the latter.

I'm with Tool on the solution - get those swine out of here.

PR, you're a nimby - yes, absolutely.

No problem for me, because I don't set myself up falsely as being on the moral high ground of every issue.

D

Deleted member 28

Junkie update, for those interested in how to tackle ASB, and doubtless catnip for my little tag-team of Internet bullies:

Community policing van came to village a few days back, prompted by concerns. We letter dropped the old people in case they didn't see the social media postings. Lots of them went. We got feedback from the PCSOs and also some other people keen to put an end to the ASB, theft, drug-dealing, and intimidation.

Interestingly, the PCSO brought somebody from the council housing team and he was useless, evasive, had come unequipped and unprepared and was put in his place by the PCSOs. The PCSOs suggested an ASB camera be fitted in the street to record the frequent shouting matches in the early hours in the road. Council guy claimed that there weren't any, PCSOs countered by saying that there are because they had used them before. Some of the vulnerable elderly neighbours wanted to report issues but the council guy hadn't bothered to bring any forms with him. So far from the PCSOs being "useless" (as said by another poster here) they are definitely pro-active.

We also heard that the local police have assigned plain clothes crime team to investigate, and monitor the drug-dealing, given that the "known car" is a frequent visitor. I don't think I mentioned this before but by sheer chance I met one of them at the pub about 2 or 3 weeks ago and he promised to see if he could help. (he was very much an old-school type of fuzz, read into that what you will) The night before, at same pub, I'd met a guy (ex-pc, but really genuine nice guy) who worked in a neighbouring county doing work on a council-funded ASB team. His approach was to try and get interventions in place, and then if that failed would start using court orders to limit the ASB. He said most of the time the prolific offenders don't change, but he has had a few cases where people have turned their lives round in a remarkable way. I briefly mentioned the problem our community is facing and he felt we should involve the actual police more. He said that the guy will definitely be known to them and have a long history of offending. Didn't sound very hopeful that this guy could be turned around.

Just looked at the postcode crime data map. Local crime has gone up by 300% in the last 12 months. I done need to tell you whose address the number icon is hovering over.

How would you feel if these people were your beloved asylum seekers 'trying to make ends meet '?

My advice, flog your million pound house, move somewhere cheaper and donate the rest to 'asylum seeker rescue ' or whatever the f**k you people believe in.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I disagree

As I've said before, they are housed in sheltered accommodation for vulnerable elderly people. Put here during first lockdown.

I disagree.

Fair enough on the first two points.

You've not got very far with anything else yet. Who does the tea and scones for the meetings? And do the PCSOs actually do anything? Because it doesn't sound like they do.

multitool

You've not got very far with anything else yet.

I disagree. We've had the ASB van in with council officer, and now a seperate meeting. The PCSOs are issuing restriction orders. When the junkies break them they will go to court.

Yes, it takes time but that is the system.

Who does the tea and scones for the meetings?

Its easy to sit in your chair and take the pîss

And do the PCSOs actually do anything? Because it doesn't sound like they do.

See the above. They've done loads.

multitool

My advice, flog your million pound house, move somewhere cheaper

I didn't say mine was a million pound house. I said my neighbour's was £1.35 million.

Mind you, it is a semi-detached ;)

As for "your advice", if I want to know where the cheapest Wetherspoons is, or how to make a passable rollie out of fag butts I find in the gutter, I'll be sure to ask.

Property advice, not so much.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
When you start off with "junkies are using a phone booth library and grit bins to hide drugs" is it really surprising I'm taking the piss?

It's good that you're looking out for your community. I do the same, but I don't fanny about with village hall meetings and PCSOs. Which isn't to try and paint a picture of some kind of gung ho bravado, but there are more effective ways of doing things, in my area at least.

multitool

When you start off with "junkies are using a phone booth library and grit bins to hide drugs" is it really surprising I'm taking the piss?

Yeah you are right.

Turns out they were exchanging Jeffrey Archer novels, and gritting the path in summer.

It's good that you're looking out for your community. I do the same, but I don't fanny about with village hall meetings and PCSOs. Which isn't to try and paint a picture of some kind of gung ho bravado, but there are more effective ways of doing things, in my area at least.

Such as?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yep, but that isn't a reason for inaction.

Can always sent them to you and AndyRM if you are feeling hospitable. Andy did mention that they needed support. Now is his chance to shine.

Shine at what? I'm not a support worker, though I do know several. They're a helluva lot more valuable than village meetings and PCSOs for a start, and will actually seek to rehabilitate rather than get addicts banged up or moved on.

But whatever, you're doing your usual belligerent nonsense and I've got some Jeffrey Archer books to pick up and a path to grit.

multitool

Shine at what? I'm not a support worker, though I do know several. They're a helluva lot more valuable than village meetings and PCSOs for a start, and will actually seek to rehabilitate rather than get addicts banged up or moved on.

But whatever, you're doing your usual belligerent nonsense and I've got some Jeffrey Archer books to pick up and a path to grit.

Mate, you rocked up here when I first posted about this and accused me of lying. You then joined in on a pathetic pile on with the biggest mouths and biggest cowards on the forum.So, you'll forgive me for not seeing you in a very positive light.

And here you are contradicting (still) what I am saying despite having no knowledge of the area, the resources at hand, or the events that have taken place.

I'm trying to be gentle in how I phrase this to you because you are an exceptionally fragile person, but at the same time I'm aware that you didn't afford the same respect to me. Quite the opposite.

Top Bottom