Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am quite amused at the accusations of false bravado, cowardice and over-loquaciousness being thrown around in an internet forum contributed to by (mostly) anonymous people hiding behind avatars, often using some very big words.

Leg-ends in our own lunchtimes.

Mind you, some of those avatars are a bit scary.

multitool

Quite amusing events this morning. Junkie girl stole all the eggs off our doorstep at about 6am. Nice Ring doorbell footage.

We found out later that at same time they had stolen milk and yogurt from outside the shop (great footage from new camera shop has installed)

They must have forgotten something because male junkie returned later and was staring at the delivery in front of the door. Seconds later the shop guy appeared to open up. Junkie stood there looking uncomfortable. Then once door was open carried in the delivery crates. Then left

Awks.

PCSOs delivering letters with list of rules for junkies in next day or two. When they break them, which they will, court order will be applied for with, hopefully stringent conditions. When they break these, which they will, they will get arrested.
Council housing officer is offering another angle, which is mostly about noise and disturbance.

Either way, their 3+ years here is drawing to a close and another community can have the delights of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Quite amusing events this morning. Junkie girl stole all the eggs off our doorstep at about 6am. Nice Ring doorbell footage.

We found out later that at same time they had stolen milk and yogurt from outside the shop (great footage from new camera shop has installed)

They must have forgotten something because male junkie returned later and was staring at the delivery in front of the door. Seconds later the shop guy appeared to open up. Junkie stood there looking uncomfortable. Then once door was open carried in the delivery crates. Then left

Awks.

If I lived in a 1.5mil house and next door had junkies stealing off the doorstep I'd be asking for my money back!

Pale Rider

Veteran

Awks.

PCSOs delivering letters with list of rules for junkies in next day or two. When they break them, which they will, court order will be applied for with, hopefully stringent conditions. When they break these, which they will, they will get arrested.
Council housing officer is offering another angle, which is mostly about noise and disturbance.

Either way, their 3+ years here is drawing to a close and another community can have the delights of them.

Interesting tale, and one which is, sadly, relatable to many, many people around the country.

Needless to say, I'd have imprisoned the scrotes long ago.

If they were eligible for an adult jail they would be very much at the bottom of the pile.

So they would go from being the bullies and putting people in fear, to being the bullied and fearful.

Which might have taught them something.

I recall a Sunderland criminal who was a very nasty pasty, certainly a big noise in the north of the city.

He wound up in Strangeways, sorry, HMP Manchester.

His solicitor told me that after about a month the bloke was on the phone in tears, desperately trying to engineer a move.

Thus big licks in Sunderland = a piece of shoot on someone's shoe in the big house.

multitool

These aren't major criminals. They are addicts whose lives are utter chaos and have been for many years. They are utterly dishonest people who are blighting the lives of others with what is relatively low level crime.

But this is what this thread is about, or became about: how low-level ASB can really destroy the people around it, and I'm describing here an approach to dealing with it.

Obviously it's taking a while, but I think we'll get there. The problem will be solved for us, but it will be moved on to somewhere else. Some problems are intractable.

This thread might be of genuine interest to some. Clearly we've a few using it to snipe, and a couple of others (no surprise) playing Billy Big balls about what they would do from their armchairs.

multitool

It's always poverty and desperation.

In our case the whole problem could be solved via decriminalisation of drugs, after all the 'war on drugs' has not only been lost, it is unwinnable, and the collateral damage is those affected by the coterminous crime caused by the 'war'.

Drugs should be treated as a public health issue and not a criminal issue. My resident junkie could be prescribed drugs (same end result as now, he's not going to stop) and it would remove the need for him to commit crime to feed his habit. Not only that, but it would remove the need for him to associate with criminals in order to obtain drugs. Hell, he could even go and find paid employment rather than having to spend his time stealing, dealing and fencing stolen goods.

Obviously, this will be an intellectual step too far for you, and you'll want to continue with a disastrous failed path rather than something pragmatic.

Last edited:
Re: shops closing due to theft.

This is in effect what has happened in the US. Shoplifting was made a misdemeanor in some states and major chains have responded to the surge in incidents by closing branches in the most crime ridden areas, meaning those most in need are losing out. Walgreen, Old Navy, have closed branches. Walmart closed all their Portland stores. Others have installed shutters and put even basic items in locked cabinets.

It's not just shoplifting one item. It's people brazenly filling trolleys and bin bags with goods and marching out of the store. There is no point calling police or challenging thieves in many US stores anymore. Awful for the staff to put up with, awful for those losing these shops and services.

D

Deleted member 28

Interesting tale, and one which is, sadly, relatable to many, many people around the country.

Needless to say, I'd have imprisoned the scrotes long ago.

If they were eligible for an adult jail they would be very much at the bottom of the pile.

So they would go from being the bullies and putting people in fear, to being the bullied and fearful.

Which might have taught them something.

I recall a Sunderland criminal who was a very nasty pasty, certainly a big noise in the north of the city.

He wound up in Strangeways, sorry, HMP Manchester.

His solicitor told me that after about a month the bloke was on the phone in tears, desperately trying to engineer a move.

Thus big licks in Sunderland = a piece of shoot on someone's shoe in the big house.

Absolutely this, my lad is an officer in a YOI and they all come the 'big 'un' on the wing, different story when the lights go out and they're snivelling like babies.

Top Bottom