Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

It's always poverty and desperation.

In our case the whole problem could be solved via decriminalisation of drugs, after all the 'war on drugs' has not only been lost, it is unwinnable, and the collateral damage is those affected by the coterminous crime caused by the 'war'.

Drugs should be treated as a public health issue and not a criminal issue. My resident junkie could be prescribed drugs (same end result as now, he's not going to stop) and it would remove the need for him to commit crime to feed his habit. Not only that, but it would remove the need for him to associate with criminals in order to obtain drugs. Hell, he could even go and find paid employment rather than having to spend his time stealing, dealing and fencing stolen goods.

Obviously, this will be an intellectual step too far for you, and you'll want to continue with a disastrous failed path rather than something pragmatic.

So in one breath you're telling us how you've gone all Charles Bronson and got the local druggies busted and in the next feeling sorry for them?

multitool

So in one breath you're telling us how you've gone all Charles Bronson and got the local druggies busted and in the next feeling sorry for them?

"gone all Charles Bronson".

No, that's more your sort of thing, mouthing off with an anonymous account on a forum about how you'd 'sort it all out your own way'.

For such a simple organism such as yourself it probably is beyond scope to understand that one can feel several conflicting emotions. I feel dislike, annoyance and pity for these people. My desired end for them is for them to beat their addiction and live happy fulfilled lives. But that is not going to happen, and there is nothing I can do about it, so second best is for them to fûck off.

D

Deleted member 28

. My desired end for them is for them to beat their addiction and live happy fulfilled lives. But that is not going to happen, and there is nothing I can do about it, so second best is for them to fûck off.

Yeah, of course it is.

You want them gone off your doorstep the same as everyone else would.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Obviously, this will be an intellectual step too far for you, and you'll want to continue with a disastrous failed path rather than something pragmatic.

I was just rubbing along with you there, but you always have to leave on a sour note.

I've seen hundreds of druggies go through court, been out with the cops on drugs raids, spoken to those who represent druggies, and spoken to people in the various agencies, mostly probation, who deal with druggies.

Oh, and I've interviewed a good few druggies, dealers, and ex-druggies over the years.

No doubt your giant intellect and experience with a couple of crackheads will trump all that, but here's my dumbo take anyway.

Decriminalisation has been talked about by those in the system for decades.

They tried reducing cannabis from a class B to a class C drug, but then someone worked out regular or heavy use of cannabis sent you nuts, pushed you further into crime as your habit inevitably exceeded your income, and also sent you towards stronger drugs which you couldn't have afforded in the first place.

So cannabis bounced back to being a class B drug.

People on cocaine, heroin, horse tranquillisers, and god knows what else are not generally violent, but neither is their behaviour predictable or always law abiding.

Convincing those who are law-abiding that the state should actively encourage its citizens to get involved in drugs, given their effects, is going to be an uphill task.

This means decriminalisation, rather like abolishing the monarchy, is effectively not on the table.

multitool

I was just rubbing along with you there, but you always have to leave on a sour note

I've seen hundreds of druggies go through court, been out with the cops on drugs raids, spoken to those who represent druggies, and spoken to people in the various agencies, mostly probation, who deal with druggies.

Oh, and I've interviewed a good few druggies, dealers, and ex-druggies over the years.

No doubt your giant intellect and experience with a couple of crackheads will trump all that, but here's my dumbo take anyway.

Decriminalisation has been talked about by those in the system for decades.

They tried reducing cannabis from a class B to a class C drug, but then someone worked out regular or heavy use of cannabis sent you nuts, pushed you further into crime as your habit inevitably exceeded your income, and also sent you towards stronger drugs which you couldn't have afforded in the first place.

So cannabis bounced back to being a class B drug.

People on cocaine, heroin, horse tranquillisers, and god knows what else are not generally violent, but neither is their behaviour predictable or always law abiding.

Convincing those who are law-abiding that the state should actively encourage its citizens to get involved in drugs, given their effects, is going to be an uphill task.

This means decriminalisation, rather like abolishing the monarchy, is effectively not on the table.

As ever with you, a shallow and uninformed take based on rather mediocre experience.

The ACMD (look it up) recommended that Cannabis NOT be returned to Class B, but were ignored by the ministers in 2009. In 2012 the Home Affairs Select Committee reported on UK drugs laws. They were split over down classifying Cannabis back to C, with 3 Vs 3. Thus the status quo was maintained.

This should be enough to tell you that the situation is far more nuanced than you make out. If your contact with the police had been something more than at pedestrian level you would know that police chiefs favour decriminalisation of hard drugs, with National Police Chiefs’ Council and College of Policing choosing to effectively decriminalise first time offences of cannabis and cocaine use. The only thing preventing them from being more outspoken are political constraints, especially now that we have a hard right government looking to appeal to gammon like you.

There are almost no people involved in drug treatment or enforcement who view punitive approaches as effective. Added to which, there are plenty of harm reduction models in action in Portugal, Netherlands and even the US.

That almost half of US states have legalised cannabis should be evidence enough of how far behind the UK sits.

16_18_21_Weed-Map-2023_V4.jpg

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The two arsêholes will be issued with a warning letter forbidding them from various things such as knocking on people's doors, getting into people's cars uninvited, stealing, shouting and swearing in public. If they break these conditions (which they will) they will go to court.

They will be issued a letter telling them not to break the law that is already in place to stop them stealing? Well, I imagine that will stop them in their tracks.

Where is this village, where do you live?

multitool

They will be issued a letter telling them not to break the law that is already in place to stop them stealing? Well, I imagine that will stop them in their tracks.

It's not about "stopping them in their tracks". If you read my previous posts you will see what the process is.

As for my personal details, that'll be a no.

Top Bottom