Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Funnily enough I know the habits of the wireless networks we use really well, and it doesn't "happen all the time".

No. They are stealing packages from peoples doorsteps, people's handbags and backpacks from god knows where (because they discard them in our bins), major shoplifting from supermarkets, and god knows what else they get up to when they go out for hours everyday and reappear at about 1am usually shouting as they walk up the street. It's all just part of a pattern of constant crime. Dealing too, as you already know.

It's a fair assumption to make, especially when backed up by content on their social media feeds. They might be addicts, but they are also just scumbags as well.

Oh dear, that sounds dreadful, even in the land of new builds, in cul-de-sacs we don't have anything like that to put up with.

I do hope you get a positive result.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't care whether it washes with you or not, frankly.

The person who knows is me, not you.

I'm not expecting you to care. You obviously care about your community which I'm a fan of, but I will continue to think of your methods and knowledge of addicts as being seriously limited.

multitool

I'm not expecting you to care. You obviously care about your community which I'm a fan of, but I will continue to think of your methods and knowledge of addicts as being seriously limited.

Which drugs are you addicted to and how did you fund your habit?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Which drugs are you addicted to and how did you fund your habit?

It's none of your business really, but we're here anyway so it would be easier to say that for about 15 years of my life (I'm 37) I was hooked on a variety of substances. Heroin was the worst, coming off that was an absolute nightmare.

As for funding my habit, I was fortunate that I was relatively functional, even at my worst, so I was able to work. Mostly as an artist, which provides freedom when it comes to time.

Did I commit crimes at times? Yes. It comes with the territory. Eggs and milk were never involved.

multitool

It's none of your business really,

Well you did bring it up (repeatedly) in the first place

but we're here anyway so it would be easier to say that for about 15 years of my life (I'm 37) I was hooked on a variety of substances. Heroin was the worst, coming off that was an absolute nightmare.

As for funding my habit, I was fortunate that I was relatively functional, even at my worst, so I was able to work. Mostly as an artist, which provides freedom when it comes to time.

Did I commit crimes at times? Yes. It comes with the territory. Eggs and milk were never involved.

As you say yourself, functional and working. Not at all the same as these guys.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well you did bring it up (repeatedly) in the first place

As you say yourself, functional and working. Not at all the same as these guys.

I did, to call bullshit on what you're claiming.

They're functional, just not in the way you understand. Shifting them on, NIMBY style won't do anything to solve their issues. If anything they'll exacerbate things because they'll end up in a different system and have to start from scratch. Takes at least 6 months for that by the way, if you're lucky. Or you could go private but that's mega expensive.

multitool

I did, to call bullshit on what you're claiming.

They're functional, just not in the way you understand. Shifting them on, NIMBY style won't do anything to solve their issues. If anything they'll exacerbate things because they'll end up in a different system and have to start from scratch. Takes at least 6 months for that by the way, if you're lucky. Or you could go private but that's mega expensive.

"claiming" Lol. You are full of it. You have that super-selfish mentality of addicts. Everything revolves around you, and the people whose lives you blight just have to suck it up.

I understand them perfectly. Which is why I want them to fûck off pronto, because I know they'll never change. Weird that you think I'm more interested in their welfare than those whose lives they blight.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
"claiming" Lol. You are full of it. You have that super-selfish mentality of addicts. Everything revolves around you, and the people whose lives you blight just have to suck it up.

I understand them perfectly. Which is why I want them to fûck off pronto, because I know they'll never change. Weird that you think I'm more interested in their welfare than those whose lives they blight.

You've made it abundantly clear you don't care about them.

Have I been selfish in the past? Yes. Have I sought treatment and rehab to help me overcome my issues? Yes.

You don't understand anything about them. You just don't want them on your doorstep. Which is, I think, lacks empathy or understanding of any kind.

Top Bottom