Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No "BUT" needed! Concern/awareness/alarm/wotever is growing, and it has been doing so steadily since the 70s. Political rhetoric may swing to-and-fro, but this figure will only go upwards. I guarantee that!

The resistance to LTNs etc is normal NIMBYism, and is countered by all the voters in those areas who generally vote FOR those who brought LTNs in. Again, this is clearly on a long-term upward trend. The antis noise is always a few noisy voices - many studies show this - and they calm down in time. Like the "Who moved my cheese" man.

Agree with that. I thought it is what I said. Ie we are just at the concern level now, we will eventually get to must do something.

Wobblers

What a bellend.
You're being remarkably restrained. He's a bellend with swords, diamonds and oak leaves.

mudsticks

Squire
You're being remarkably restrained. He's a bellend with swords, diamonds and oak leaves.

One day his daughters will ask

"Daddy, what did you do to avert the climate crisis.??"

"Oh I gave permission for a thing called Rosebank"

"That sounds nice daddy, thanks a bunch🌹🌹🌹 but I stil can't seem to breathe properly"

matticus

Guru
Agree with that. I thought it is what I said. Ie we are just at the concern level now, we will eventually get to must do something.

Lots of people at different levels. (you may have noticed people with placards on the news from time-to-time? ;-) ) The cheerleaders (or "extremists" if you prefer ;) ) help drag the rest of along.

multitool

just a teeny bit ageist are we?

A subset.

The gammon

matticus

Guru

I think you're first here in NACA. I did read a VERY brief comment in the media yesterday.

Astonishing (especially whilst accusing Labour of being funded by JSO!)

A firm founded by Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law signed a billion-dollar deal with BP two months before the prime minister opened hundreds of new licences for oil and gas extraction in the North Sea.

In May, the Times of India reported that Infosys bagged a huge deal from the global energy company which is thought to be the second-largest in the history of the firm. The Indian IT company is owned by the prime minister’s wife’s family although Sunak has insisted the matter is of “no legitimate public interest”.

I wonder if we would mostly agree - including @Pale Rider - that this IS a matter of "legitimate public interest”? Maybe not, who am I to say ...

Top Bottom