COP26: All talk or some real action on climate change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
China = Bad 🙄
Suprised Johnson hasn't got one of those catchy slogans that everyone oh so loves.Save humanity now....Get climate change done ? Nah better to think everyone else is the ones not pulling their socks up.
View attachment 150

This is what's been reported here for a while now. Many still use the graph that shows China as the largest emitter overall but that doesn't take into account the 1.4 billion population and that it's a worldwide manufacturing hub. Whereas the graph you show above, and the one I quoted, takes into account the population and China's nowhere near the top.

D

Deleted member 49

Wonder who the single biggest emitter is ? .. ..US army ?

Some truthful graffiti in Scotland.

42DC671E-96A4-453F-8FC1-03AB2A00690B.jpeg

mudsticks

Squire
Wonder who the single biggest emitter is ? .. ..US army ?

The military complex doesn't even get counted in emissions, apparently .
War and conflict are terrible polluters in themselves, in addition to the human cost.

Hence Peace is by definition Green.
This is what's been reported here for a while now. Many still use the graph that shows China as the largest emitter overall but that doesn't take into account the 1.4 billion population and that it's a worldwide manufacturing hub. Whereas the graph you show above, and the one I quoted, takes into account the population and China's nowhere near the top.

Yup we in the west basically outsource our manufacturing and pollution to places such as China..
Then point the finger going "look at those dirty lot"

It will come as no surprise hear I've got issues with China..

But I had lunch with a guy tasked with setting up the equivalent of the Eden Project in China a while back.

He said the Chinese administration were very keen on on soil conservation ,organics and suchlike.

Must follow that up up .

It will come as no surprise hear I've got issues with China..

But I had lunch with a guy tasked with setting up the equivalent of the Eden Project in China a while back.

He said the Chinese administration were very keen on on soil conservation ,organics and suchlike.

Must follow that up up .

I do to.

One of the big successes in Northern China, near the city of Lanzhou, where the soil was totally degraded but, in the mid-90's, the Gov started a renewal process that's been a huge success and forms part of the "Green Wall of China" which is to stop the advance of the Gobi Desert. I would love to know if that's still going well. :becool:

mudsticks

Squire
I do to.

One of the big successes in Northern China, near the city of Lanzhou, where the soil was totally degraded but, in the mid-90's, the Gov started a renewal process that's been a huge success and forms part of the "Green Wall of China" which is to stop the advance of the Gobi Desert. I would love to know if that's still going well. :becool:

I will make it one if my missions to try to find out about this week..

It may be fanciful, but I like to imagine that there is still something of the old culture of 'nature worship' sitting nascent in the 'Chinese' psyche..

Which makes the understanding the importance of biodiverse ecosystems , much easier in some ways, than our current compartmentalised, westernised mindset.

I dunno, maybe that's just further 'wishful' thinking..:blush:

Top Bottom