Cut parents benefits over school truancy

• Thread starter Deleted member 121
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
That would work.
It's short, so you'll barely have time to prune.
Ideal, although I do like to top up with extra hot if available, and soak the bones thoroughly 🙏🏼

mudsticks

Squire
Anyhows up, enough of one ruralists' ablutionary habits.

Wasn't this thread originally about that slithery Gove.. 🤥

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Anyhows up, enough of one ruralists' ablutionary habits.

Wasn't this thread originally about that slithery Gove.. 🤥

The proposal was just a divisive dog-whistle by Gove to show the Tory Party he is still around and 'relevant'. The less said about him the better.

mudsticks

Squire
The proposal was just a divisive dog-whistle by Gove to show the Tory Party he is still around and 'relevant'. The less said about him the better.

Yes I know that.

Ta for the splain all the same 👍🏼

Evidence here certainly seems to back up his strategy 🙄

icowden

Legendary Member
So just remind me why my choice of political party has anything to do with the fact I see people as scumbags and you don't?
It doesn't. I don't care who you vote for.
I assume it's because I vote Tory and it's their fault people break the law that makes me solely responsible?
Nope. Again, I can see you trying to join the thought processes but failing. Keep trying.

*If* you vote Tory then you support Tory policies, which by extension means that you agree with defunding the Justice system, Mental Health services, the Police service and education which in turn suggests that you support the rise in crime and increase in incarceration, which then suggests that you are happy to pay more tax to look after criminals.

Personally I think that that is lunacy.

And if so I shouldn't call them scumbags, got it now.
You can call the Tory cabinet scumbags as much as you like.

D

Deleted member 28

Nope. Again, I can see you trying to join the thought processes but failing. Keep trying.

*If* you vote Tory then you support Tory policies, which by extension means that you agree with defunding the Justice system, Mental Health services, the Police service and education which in turn suggests that you support the rise in crime and increase in incarceration, which then suggests that you are happy to pay more tax to look after criminals.

What's your problem with me calling people scumbags then?

I'm still awaiting confirmation of your contribution to our future.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

ahem. That is lunacy. Does everyone (including you) who votes Labour, Lib-Dem, SNP, DUP, etc etc support EVERY policy those respective parties represent? I don't think so. Imho, just about everyone casts their vote for a compromise candidate.

D

Deleted member 28

ahem. That is lunacy. Does everyone (including you) who votes Labour, Lib-Dem, SNP, DUP, etc etc support EVERY policy those respective parties represent? I don't think so. Imho, just about everyone casts their vote for a compromise candidate.

He must be a war mongerer too.

mudsticks

Squire

Cutting investment is a fundamental Tory policy on just about all services though, isn't it.?

It's not some outlying policy that sits on the fringes of an otherwise basically acceptable manifesto.

It's what they're about, it's their 'ethos' .

So no it's not at all 'lunacy' to say that if you vote Tory, you vote for impoverished public services, and all the knock on consequences of that.

icowden

Legendary Member

@mudsticks got there before me. Of course it would be lunacy to say that someone necessarily supports every policy of a particular party. However in the case of the current Conservative party, their policies all overlap to do the same thing. If you like what they are doing, then you must accept that the net result is more criminals and a higher prison population which is costing more tax to maintain.

mudsticks

Squire
@mudsticks got there before me. Of course it would be lunacy to say that someone necessarily supports every policy of a particular party. However in the case of the current Conservative party, their policies all overlap to do the same thing. If you like what they are doing, then you must accept that the net result is more criminals and a higher prison population which is costing more tax to maintain.

And before those criminals get prosecuted or incarcerated at tax payers expense (if they ever do) they've made life more unpleasant, more insecure for generally law abiding citizens .

Whereas if things had turned out differently, if an intervention had been made at a younger age , those people now banged up at everyone's expense could be out in the world contributing in some way.

It's a negative feedback loop which benefits no one - except maybe shareholders of 'Cerco' - or whoever has prison contracts nowadays.

D

Deleted member 28

then you must accept that the net result is more criminals

Why 'more' criminals?

Oh, that's right it's solely the governments fault people commit crime.

I really can't wait for Labour to get the crime rates down.

Top Bottom