"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

She knows that she can call for an election all she likes - it won't happen

Calling an election at this point would be an act of intentional suicide from the Tories
so it won;t happen
The most extreme thing that may have a possible likelihood is a new leadership election
and even that would be like a slow strangulation over the next year or 2 rather than the quick fall off a cliff of an immediate election

So Dorris risk very little by calling for it but makes a point

part of that point seems to be that she is an idiot and has no intention or desire to be in the Cabinet in the near future!

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Thanks for that nugget. I’m sure Scotland will use it to remind the Tories of their hypocrisy in denying the Scottish Government an independence referendum that was central to its election manifesto.

No need. I'm pretty sure by then the Tories will have obtained the Supreme Court's ruling that Scotland has no legislative competence to hold a referendum and has no more right to self-determination than, say, Surrey does. :sad:

D

Deleted member 49

Is there actually anyone on here that could possibly still support the Tories ?

D

Deleted member 49

Just stupid racists, probably.
In all seriousness you'd be suprised how many still would....I'd count my Mum in that who's a lifelong Tory voter.Shes far from racist but does tend to have a romantic view of the blitz spirit lol.
To give her some credit she did say she thought Johnson was a prick 😁

OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Wokey Dick
To give her some credit she did say she thought Johnson was a prick 😁

👍

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I also know people who vote for the local candidate because they get positive coverage in the local press.

The national picture is of little interest to them.

The local tories were always very nice to my grandmother, invited her to all their little tea parties, gave her cake. They were quite a support for her after my grandfather died.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Is there actually anyone on here that could possibly still support the Tories ?

Probably not many on here, but this forum is most likely nowhere near representative of the UK.

When it comes to the crunch, and given some pre-election sweeteners, there will be millions of people prepared to support them.

Top Bottom