"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member

Ian H

Guru
This seems to be a brief but fair summary.
Screenshot_20230901-090418.png

icowden

Legendary Member
Great self-own as usual from Dorries, and great puffery from the publisher. According to reports the book is delayed due to lawyer-proofing it so that they don't get their arses sued off when they do publish.

ebikeerwidnes

Great self-own as usual from Dorries, and great puffery from the publisher. According to reports the book is delayed due to lawyer-proofing it so that they don't get their arses sued off when they do publish.

WHich some people MIGHT interpret as it just not being ready

or so many libellous claims made with no shred of evidence that the lawyers had to have counselling after reading it??

and again - some people might think that this doesn;t display a great level of competence??

matticus

Guru
Is anyone intending to buy and/or read her book?, if no, who cares if it is late, indeed, who cares if it never appears?

I am always astonished at how well books by minor politicians sell. It's almost like some byzantine tax fiddle or money laundering scheme.

I once briefly worked in a book warehouse, and there were always piles of some LibDem leader's book (Nick Clegg??) heading out to customers. I've never met anyone who was interested in him, let alone enough to read his book!

ebikeerwidnes

I am always astonished at how well books by minor politicians sell. It's almost like some byzantine tax fiddle or money laundering scheme.

I once briefly worked in a book warehouse, and there were always piles of some LibDem leader's book (Nick Clegg??) heading out to customers. I've never met anyone who was interested in him, let alone enough to read his book!

I agree
Clearly there are some journalists that pretty much need to read these things

anything much over that and I start wondering about whetehr or not people - or organisations - are buying up loads at wholesale price and not selling them on for various reasons

Any ideas??

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I agree
Clearly there are some journalists that pretty much need to read these things

anything much over that and I start wondering about whetehr or not people - or organisations - are buying up loads at wholesale price and not selling them on for various reasons

Any ideas??

I think they all end up in “The Works”, to be sold, at a discounted price, as Christmas presents for innocent, unsuspecting grandparents/parents, and, are then, donated to charity shops etc, or, quietly placed in the recycling bin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom