"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
And she's sent her resignation letter written with a poison pen. https://news.sky.com/story/nadine-dorries-announces-her-resignation-12948347

What a pitiful pile of bollox. She delayed the resignation because she was paying her daughter a salary of £45k. Said daughter probably told mum to stop the resigining nonsense until she had got a new job, and Dorries has been being petty ever since by failing to vote or run constituency meetings.

icowden

Legendary Member
Has she actually though, because writing to the PM is not the mechanism by which MPs resign?
I think it *kind* of is, in that an MP cannot resign. The PM has to appoint them to the position of the Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds or Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead. Apparently this is an "office of profit under the Crown"* and thus disqualifies them from sitting as an MP. Boris was the last one.

*there is no attached salary or benefits

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think it *kind* of is, in that an MP cannot resign. The PM has to appoint them to the position of the Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds or Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead. Apparently this is an "office of profit under the Crown"* and thus disqualifies them from sitting as an MP. Boris was the last one.

*there is no attached salary or benefits

Not the PM though, the chancellor of the exchequer. It's Hunt she needs to address her letter to.

Not the PM though, the chancellor of the exchequer. It's Hunt she needs to address her letter to.

According to wikipedia she's not yet a Steward/Bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds which, I think, would be the 'office of profit' for the next resignee but that may be down to the weekend/bank holiday.

Until I've seen the real evidence of her death the witch remains alive....

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
According to wikipedia she's not yet a Steward/Bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds which, I think, would be the 'office of profit' for the next resignee but that may be down to the weekend/bank holiday.

Until I've seen the real evidence of her death the witch remains alive....

Indeed. Her letter reportedly describes her intention to apply for such office but I wouldn't put it past her either not to have bothered or in fact to be unfamiliar with the process.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Indeed. Her letter reportedly describes her intention to apply for such office but I wouldn't put it past her either not to have bothered or in fact to be unfamiliar with the process.

I confess to being unfamiliar with the process of resigning as an MP. I have read that the resignation cannot come into effect until Parliament reassembles. So, 11 weeks to resign immediately, followed by a resignation that doesn't take effect until after the holidays.....

Meanwhile, I haven't seen the full resignation letter apart from in the Daily Mail. So hold your noses or hone your google-fu.... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...its-Commons-seat-resignation-letter-full.html

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Unsurprisingly she managed to make it a big plug for her new book.

Like her best friend Boris she now has a column in the Mail as the rag manages to sink even lower.

The spectacle of more problems for the Tories in the year before the election is not unpleasant, although I hope it doesn't reinforce Starmer's presumed stance that he doesn't need to do anything, just let them immolate themselves.

Ian H

Guru
I think she's on her way to join forces with Bridgen.
"As I uncovered this alarming situation I knew, such were the forces ranged against me, that I was grateful to retain my parliamentary privilege until today. And, as you also know Prime Minister, those forces are today the most powerful figures in the land."

albion

Guru
Unsurprisingly she managed to make it a big plug for her new book.

Like her best friend Boris she now has a column in the Mail as the rag manages to sink even lower.

The spectacle of more problems for the Tories in the year before the election is not unpleasant, although I hope it doesn't reinforce Starmer's presumed stance that he doesn't need to do anything, just let them immolate themselves.
Whilst the rag was as not as fervent as other far right Brexit media, ownership is/was on similar lines to the Traitorgraph.
Tax avoidance the aim.

The rags shape the mindset so ownership is coveted. Russia, Saudi, UAE, tax exiles etc dominate/d.
They also act as a money feed to our increasingly corrupt politicians

Last edited:

Cirrus

What a pitiful pile of bollox. She delayed the resignation because she was paying her daughter a salary of £45k. Said daughter probably told mum to stop the resigining nonsense until she had got a new job, and Dorries has been being petty ever since by failing to vote or run constituency meetings.

She’s a parasite (as are many MPs IMO), and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if she looked down her nose at those on benefits whilst bury her face in the trough of public money.

IMG_3743.jpeg

Top Bottom