"F*ck the Tories!" A thread dedicated to Nadine Dorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I agree
Clearly there are some journalists that pretty much need to read these things
Nah - they are often "gifted" by the Politician who wrote them after they have purchased a truck load of copies of their own book to give to their colleagues / former colleagues.

ebikeerwidnes

Nah - they are often "gifted" by the Politician who wrote them after they have purchased a truck load of copies of their own book to give to their colleagues / former colleagues.

Probably - but i bet they manage to get these included in the "sales" figures!

ebikeerwidnes

I think they all end up in “The Works”, to be sold, at a discounted price, as Christmas presents for innocent, unsuspecting grandparents/parents, and, are then, donated to charity shops etc, or, quietly placed in the recycling bin.

What sort of evil git would give that as a present??????

maybe useful for a Zoom call strategically placed bookcase - alongside maybe Mein Kampf and The Art of the Deal??

(I have alwaysthough that if I was a TV personality I would look for printable book dust covers and swap things round to send coded messages????)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think the publishers realise that Dorries' name on its own, and certainly not her literary skills, are not enough to sell a lot of her books so they must big the whole thing up and create some sensationalised scandal. She will probably get more money from serialised excerpts in some right wing rag...probably the Mail, plus bigger programmes on Talk TV to peddle her trash.

matticus

Guru
I agree
Clearly there are some journalists that pretty much need to read these things

anything much over that and I start wondering about whetehr or not people - or organisations - are buying up loads at wholesale price and not selling them on for various reasons

Any ideas??

No idea here! But it seems the numbers don't add up - the fees paid to authors are at least in the £10'000s, so surely they need to shift a few truckloads to even approach break-even point ....
Bizarre!

ebikeerwidnes

Am sure Dorries books will be very useful fuel in the bonfire of red-tape we're constantly told to expect post-Brexit....

Well it is certainly on my list to burn

but it is not in any way on my list to pay good money - or even bad money - for - so I can;t see how I will ever have one to burn!

ebikeerwidnes

Was watching Parliament today and the vote to accept Dorris's leaving and the subsequent by-election was on

Now the Speaker has to put things forward and ask for Yeas and Nays -
Often there are a load of things that are not in question and he basically goes directly from
"all those against say Nay" to
"The ayes have have it The ayes have it"
WIth very little pause to listen for any

In this case he REALLY didn;t pause the last word of one sentence and the first of the next were damn near merged!

I think he was subtly making a point!

Ian H

Guru
We'll all be given one and it'll replace the Gideon's bible in hotel rooms....

I have evidence of at least one precedent (can't remember where the hotel was).
steelebible.JPG

Top Bottom