F*ck the Tories: a Thread Dedicated to Suella Braverman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
You could have just made a relevant comment on Braverman but chose to mention me and harp back to where the discussion was a year and a half ago. This pointless reptitive digression is on you, nobody else.

monkers

Guru
You could have just made a relevant comment on Braverman but chose to mention me and harp back to where the discussion was a year and a half ago. This pointless reptitive digression is on you, nobody else.

I did not mention you by name, but I did mention in passing that I had delayed making an earlier post because the thread had been hijacked at post #3 - a comment later reinforced by the OP who said to you directly 'you hijacked my thread'.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
You just couldn't resist making it all about you rather than just posting on Braverman. 18 months after the event. You seem to get a free pass on the thread hijacking front though.

monkers

Guru
You just couldn't resist making it all about you rather than just posting on Braverman. 18 months after the event. You seem to get a free pass on the thread hijacking front though.

Ok if by this late stage if I must mention Braverman, then I will mention that Braverman is not the only GC who sounds as mad as a box of frogs.

It is now a racing certainty that there are others.

Holy effin' crap! Did she actually say this out loud, in public?

nazi.jpg

Concentration camps have always worked well historically.

Cirrus

Holy effin' crap! Did she actually say this out loud, in public?

View attachment 5179

Concentration camps have always worked well historically.

Pontins have a couple of holiday camps going.

So, in the other thread there is an whole topic about ''the right wing taking over in the Netherlands and blah.. but in The Netherlands if the goverment falls they can't just replace a minister(it does happen, but it has to be with mutual agreement, pregnancy leave, heatlh issues etc. etc.) But if they goverment farks up enough to lose the trust of the cabinet they can be forced to hold new elections. How is that here? because it's been a few years of failures on failures and now i hear Sunak say '' we will get them deported'' or something but the european human right treaty simply stops him from doing so.
How much do you have to Fark up in the uk to force re-elections?

WTF?

• Sunak claimed the new bill will close down the vast majority of the legal routes used by asylum seekers who have challenged decisions to deport them to Rwanda. He said:
Let me just go through the ways individual illegal migrants try and stay.
Claiming asylum – that’s now blocked.
Abuse of our Modern Slavery rules – blocked.
The idea that Rwanda isn’t safe – blocked.
The risk of being sent on to some other country - blocked.
And spurious Human Rights claims – you’d better believe we’ve blocked those too … because we’re completely disapplying all the relevant sections of the Human Rights Act.
And not only have we blocked all these ways illegal migrants will try and stay.
We’ve also blocked their ability to try and stay by bringing a Judicial Review on any of those grounds.
That means that this bill blocks every single reason that has ever been used to prevent flights to Rwanda from taking off.
The only, extremely narrow exception will be if you can prove with credible and compelling evidence …. that you specifically have a real and imminent risk of serious and irreversible harm …
I am telling you now, we have set the bar so high that it will be vanishingly rare for anyone to meet it.
  • He said the UK was willing to ignore injunctions from the European court of human right seeking to block deportation flights. He said:
I will not allow a foreign court to block these flights.
If the Strasbourg court chooses to intervene against the express wishes of our sovereign parliament, I will do what is necessary to get flights off.
And today’s new law already makes clear that the decision on whether to comply with interim measures issued by the European court is a decision for British government ministers – and British government ministers alone.
Ignoring injunctions from the ECtHR is not the same as ignoring all judgments from it.

• He claimed that there was only “an inch” between his stance and that of his Tory critics who want a tougher bill. And if he agreed to their demand (for a bill allowing the UK to ignore the ECHR), Rwanda would pull out, he said.
For the people who say ‘you should do something different’, the difference between them and me is an inch, given everything that we have closed. We’re talking about an inch.
That inch by the way is the difference between the Rwandans participating in this scheme and not.

All uphill

"The scheme would see those who arrive in the UK illegally sent to the east African country, where they could claim asylum."

BBC news website, today.

There are two ways of reading this. Did the BBC intend

The scheme would see those who arrive in the UK illegally, sent to the east African country, where they could claim asylum.

or

The scheme would see those who arrive in the UK, illegally sent to the east African country, where they could claim asylum.

Top Bottom