Food banks: A first hand experience.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

I read your first line and classed it as irrelevant to the response…..

but whether its from experience or not, job centres, libraries even your local Maccy Ds or costa coffee will have free internet access available. If your serious in looking for a job, you will use any avenue available to you. Ive not been unemployed no, but also the places i have worked have not accepted a CV as a way of applying for a job with them. Its application in writing or online…..not all places of employment only allow internet only applications, because as you state, some unemployed people wont have access to broadband or the internet at home. But they can fill in a paper application to apply for a job.
And you're required to keep a digital log of your job search history. One which the DWP can access on their system.

Their system is mainly agency employers, who require online registration, along with a phone number through which you can be contacted as and when it suits them.

Their assumption/current thinking being that everyone has a smartphone these days. Search "digital exclusion" for some idea of what is involved, in an issue that has got worse over the last two years.
Some people may have had contracts that were started before covid saw places being shut, and people losing their jobs. The contract you can't just walk away from.
I don't know AndyRM's situation, and I'm not going to ask either.

How many would feel happy putting their national insurance number, home address and bank details online using an open WiFi connection?

And, if the application form is online, how do you download it without a connection. Bearing in mind that most have to be filled in online, before printing off. The days of filling forms in by hand seem to be numbered.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
And you're required to keep a digital log of your job search history. One which the DWP can access on their system.

Their system is mainly agency employers, who require online registration, along with a phone number through which you can be contacted as and when it suits them.

Their assumption/current thinking being that everyone has a smartphone these days. Search "digital exclusion" for some idea of what is involved, in an issue that has got worse over the last two years.
Some people may have had contracts that were started before covid saw places being shut, and people losing their jobs. The contract you can't just walk away from.
I don't know AndyRM's situation, and I'm not going to ask either.

How many would feel happy putting their national insurance number, home address and bank details online using an open WiFi connection?

And, if the application form is online, how do you download it without a connection. Bearing in mind that most have to be filled in online, before printing off. The days of filling forms in by hand seem to be numbered.

Any chance of you making a post in the next century that doesnt quote me, you farking troll…..sorry, i mean Mr Moderator

classic33

Any chance of you making a post in the next century that doesnt quote me, you farking troll…..sorry, i mean Mr Moderator
Possible, but I answered the points raised by yourself. Who should I have quoted if not the person who raised the points?

Ignore function doesn't seem to be working for you. Maybe an IP issue

classic33

but im welsh……and calling that imbecile a scouse prick has fark all to do with football
It's nowt to do with the thread either, but that doesn't seem to bother you.

jowwy

Possible, but I answered the points raised by yourself. Who should I have quoted if not the person who raised the points?

Ignore function doesn't seem to be working for you. Maybe an IP issue

I did t raise any points, i was replying to another poster….

jowwy

It's nowt to do with the thread either, but that doesn't seem to bother you.

Neither is telling another member to ignore me, but then you trolls are all the same…..stick tightly together under your bridges,…

i have removed everyone from ignore, after your failed moderator post of earlier, i decided i would carry on replying to you farking retards instead. Enjoy my replies….they will be coming thick and fast.

classic33

Neither is telling another member to ignore me, but then you trolls are all the same…..stick tightly together under your bridges,…

i have removed everyone from ignore, after your failed moderator post of earlier, i decided i would carry on replying to you farking retards instead. Enjoy my replies….they will be coming thick and fast.
I haven't told anyone to put anyone on ignore. However, if you only removed the ignore after reading that thread, you're lying again. It wouldn't have been visible to you.

And just because I'm living with epilepsy is no reason for your swearing, or your use of the word retard. The last person to say that to me still regrets using it.

Top Bottom