Food banks: A first hand experience.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I haven't told anyone to put anyone on ignore. However, if you only removed the ignore after reading that thread, you're lying again. It wouldn't have been visible to you.

And just because I'm living with epilepsy is no reason for your swearing, or your use of the word retard. The last person to say that to me still regrets using it.

Here comes the troll…….making threats classic, hahahahahahaha

no need for me to lie…..theres a button called show ignore posts, and the moderator one appeared. The one were you tried to get this forum moderated. Maybe you should read what shaun stated about this place… before starting such pathetic threads.

and for reference i called you all retards and not you personally, but i know you struggle to read under that dark bridge where the trolls hide.

Last edited:

classic33

Here comes the troll…….making threats classic, hahahahahahaha

no need for me to lie…..theres a button called show ignore posts, and the moderator one appeared. The one were you tried to get this forum moderated. Maybe you should read what shaun stated about this place… before starting such pathetic threads.

and for reference i called you all retards and not you personally, but i know you struggle to read under that dark bridge where the trolls hide.
I'd have removed the EXIF data on any pictures I posted.

https://www.canon.com.au/get-inspired/glossary/exif

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Ah the old, you know nothing defence……get a farking life you sick freak

Well, you don't know anything about my life beyond what I've shared on these boards, which is probably a bit much at times, but it is what it is.

Now, could you go and round me up links for all the posts I've liked today? There's a good chap.

icowden

Legendary Member
but whether its from experience or not, job centres, libraries even your local Maccy Ds or costa coffee will have free internet access available. If your serious in looking for a job, you will use any avenue available to you. Ive not been unemployed no, but also the places i have worked have not accepted a CV as a way of applying for a job with them. Its application in writing or online…..not all places of employment only allow internet only applications, because as you state, some unemployed people wont have access to broadband or the internet at home. But they can fill in a paper application to apply for a job.
Welcome to the 21st Century @jowwy!

You will be pleased to know that all companies now accept online applications for jobs. In fact most of them prefer it. A CV is still needed but it's usually drafted in Word or on Linked In.

Not only that but whereas a mobile phone and / or laptop used to be considered a luxury, they are now considered to be essential items whether it is for job searching, supermarket shopping, getting an appointment with your GP, or just helping your children to do their homework. It's actually so essential that schools will ensure that the very poorest families have access to a laptop and wifi as it is essential to schooling.

Of course there are cafes, libraries etc, but (and I know that this will come as a surprise) they tend only to open in the main part of the day. Sometimes, when you are trying to get your older children to school and feed and entertain your younger children it can be difficult to find enough time during the day to get that third job just to pay for food.

I'm guessing that you are a big fan of this guy:-
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/tory-mp-tells-struggling-brits-to-cut-back-or-get-better-job-361607

Come on @AndyRM, it's easy. You just go and get a better job!! Everyone can do it... although... wouldn't that just mean that we'd increase inflation and then everything would cost more so we would all need to go and get a better job which would mean...

Welcome to the 21st Century @jowwy!

You will be pleased to know that all companies now accept online applications for jobs. In fact most of them prefer it. A CV is still needed but it's usually drafted in Word or on Linked In.

Not only that but whereas a mobile phone and / or laptop used to be considered a luxury, they are now considered to be essential items whether it is for job searching, supermarket shopping, getting an appointment with your GP, or just helping your children to do their homework. It's actually so essential that schools will ensure that the very poorest families have access to a laptop and wifi as it is essential to schooling.

Of course there are cafes, libraries etc, but (and I know that this will come as a surprise) they tend only to open in the main part of the day. Sometimes, when you are trying to get your older children to school and feed and entertain your younger children it can be difficult to find enough time during the day to get that third job just to pay for food.

I'm guessing that you are a big fan of this guy:-
https://www.joe.co.uk/news/tory-mp-tells-struggling-brits-to-cut-back-or-get-better-job-361607

Come on @AndyRM, it's easy. You just go and get a better job!! Everyone can do it... although... wouldn't that just mean that we'd increase inflation and then everything would cost more so we would all need to go and get a better job which would mean...

Being a cyclists forum, @AndyRM can of course just get on his bike and look for work....

PaulB

I haven't told anyone to put anyone on ignore. However, if you only removed the ignore after reading that thread, you're lying again. It wouldn't have been visible to you.

And just because I'm living with epilepsy is no reason for your swearing, or your use of the word retard. The last person to say that to me still regrets using it.

And THAT'S Fazakerley why you need to put the trolls, the divs, the scabs and the stoats on ignore! You don't want them polluting your mind with their inane, wrong-on-every-level nonsense. You wouldn't stand and watch someone unravel like that in the street so why let these head-the-balls in? If you don't read their nonsense, they don't exist, simple as that. Simple as them.

Universal Credit is a digital benefit. The default method to make and manage a claim is on line. To do that you need a computer or smartphone and an internet connection.

It's possible to make/manage a claim by phone but DWP make you jump through hoops to do so and you really need a mobile so they can contact you. It was only after several years and during a period where there was a humane SoS for Welfare that the phone service was moved to a free 0800 number.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The thought of trying to manage my Universal Credit account via phone doesn't even bear thinking about. It's such a black and white system, completely lacking any kind of humanity. I'm fortunate that I have a good relationship with my "work coach", but I know others who do not and find what they have to go through every couple of weeks utterly demeaning and humiliating.

I'm not suggesting it should be all cupcakes and rainbows, but when you're basically being asked to justify your existence? Gets you down a bit.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
An update, both bad and good!

The bad first - once again my bank have screwed me. Part of the problem is that the few outgoings I have, beyond existing, don't come at consistent times. This makes it near impossible to manage finances when you're on a very tight budget.

Another issue when it comes to managing finances is the cost of travel. I don't drive, I cycle or walk to the shops or other appointments, but if I have to go into town for any reason, it's £5.70 on the Metro, which may not sound like a lot, but it really is.

The good is that I've been put forward for a job, ironically enough in Financial Services, which I'm confident I'll get at least an interview for. Of the other 5 I have applied for this month, in my field, rather than the umpteen ones for supermarkets and whatnot, one has me as a potential for interview but the other said no. Though I did get a bit snippy with some answers on that, but some of the questions were downright insulting...

Please, describe in detail, how you have a design qualification at NVQ Level 5 or similar (ie Level 5 award, certificate, diploma or NVQ; Diploma of Higher Education; Foundation Degree; Higher National Diploma).

I mean, what do you say to that? I have a degree in multimedia design and 15 years industry experience in different areas. Look at my portfolio you fools (which incidentally there wasn't an option to do, but I got it into a couple of answers).

Bazzer

Fortunately I haven't had to apply for a job for several years, but my wife used to help me and continues to help my daughters with stuff like this. I think a lot depends upon how your brain works and how you interact with the world.
Good luck with the applications. 🤞

Top Bottom