Food banks: A first hand experience.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

i dont need a link, i got it on in the office on skypsorts

The office?

That ramshackle shed in your garden?

You'll be telling us next you're mates with Alan Sugar!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
The office?

That ramshackle shed in your garden?

You'll be telling us next you're mates with Alan Sugar!

any pathetic post...what's the matter your rigging gear cutting your blood supply to your bollocks

D

Deleted member 28

But if your going to be open and put your personal life on the internet, be ready for questions, ridicule and distain…..if you dont like, dont tell anyone your business.
Looks like we're all playing by the same rules then, you still overweight or have you managed to lose some lard ?

jowwy

That's a no then, should it not be 'Jabba' ?

you so funny.......ever thought of doing stand up, you farking dimwit. i believe racists do well on the comedy circuit

D

Deleted member 28

you so funny.......ever thought of doing stand up, you farking dimwit. i believe racists do well on the comedy circuit

With people like you on the front row my set would be written for me, you slobbering mess.

Your carers will be here soon so better get ready.

jowwy

With people like you on the front row my set would be written for me, you slobbering mess.

Your carers will be here soon so better get ready.

hahahahahah.....again, nothing you say bothers me, i dont listen to racist twats on the internet

Mr Celine

To be honest, so what?

They are the questions they want you to answer, just answer them. Use a bit of creative licence and put in the answer what you want them to know about you. Politicians do it all the time, they get asked a question about A, they start their answer with 'well there are two things here...' and proceed to tell the interviewer about B.

Do the same, 'Can you tell us about your experience with Unity?' 'While on my blah blah course we covered several software applications including Unity. The course led me to a degree in blah blah which has led me to a successful 15 year career with blah company, blah company and more recently blah company where I was head of whiffle sticks and making shit up'

It's almost like you understand the concept of negotiation.

icowden

Legendary Member
They are the questions they want you to answer, just answer them. Use a bit of creative licence and put in the answer what you want them to know about you. Politicians do it all the time, they get asked a question about A, they start their answer with 'well there are two things here...' and proceed to tell the interviewer about B.

That's great if you can do that. Many of us cannot. I am unable to embellish or obfuscate in that way. I tend to be honest and not to beat around the bush. I have worked with completely useless people who have blagged their way into a job. It's incredibly frustrating having to fix their work for them and carry them. Usually in the contracting world those people do not get their contracts renewed.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
A previous manager of mine proudly told me he was proud to have dropped out of design school. He didn't have a f*cking clue, but the problem was people in marketing were totally taken in by him...

"Andy, can you provide this hi-res with 3mm bleed, all crops and in CMYK?"

"Nope. It's a web page."

"But XXX said..."

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's almost like you understand the concept of negotiation.
I completely get it, the problem is you just see it is me posting something and immediately feel compelled to disagree or have a go.

If I thought I could do the job, then I would negotiate my way in to it, even discuss the fact the I can't do something and immediately offer a development solution because all companies like to develop their people. I would not go in with an unrealistic demand and negotiate my way down to pretty much the same job I do now for an extra grand a year.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
So lying like a politician in a job interview would be your advice?

Not really my style.
Using my obviously made up model answer as a template. Which bit would be a lie?

You went to Uni, you got a degree, you have have experience across different applications, you have experience in employment. All completely accurate from what you have said.

The iffy bit was the actual software application, 'I don't have much experience with Unity, but I have accessed a beginners Unity course on their website, and worked through their free modules, and to be honest it is pretty similar to other applications I am used to so all good there. I am also happy to attend further training if you think I need more. Can I ask what exactly the development programme is like in BodgeIT Software limited?'

Oh, and the actual link to Unity free training on their website is (hopefully) here

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Using my obviously made up model answer as a template. Which bit would be a lie?

You went to Uni, you got a degree, you have have experience across different applications, you have experience in employment. All completely accurate from what you have said.

The iffy bit was the actual software application, 'I don't have much experience with Unity, but I have accessed a beginners Unity course on their website, and worked through their free modules, and to be honest it is pretty similar to other applications I am used to so all good there. I am also happy to attend further training if you think I need more. Can I ask what exactly the development programme is like in BodgeIT Software limited?'

Oh, and the actual link to Unity free training on their website is (hopefully) here

My bold is where they'd politely ask me to leave. The only similarity is that it's computer software.

Top Bottom