Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isn't it incoherent again? Conversion is a synonym for transition. They want to ban any conversion of homosexuals because this is orientation is fixed, yet allow it for transgender because sexuality is fluid. If someone wants to change from homosexuality or wants to detransition, shouldn't they be allowed to get the help they need if they request it? (I would hope the latter is not included in any ban.)

No. Conversion implies an element of outside influence, compulsion even. Transition is based more on personal choice and empowerment.

Funnily enough it’s another spectrum rather than a binary split. Funny old world, innit?

monkers

Legendary Member
Evidence to be used against us?

Irony - but obviously poorly executed.

There was a presumption from Matticus of what they had learnt about us. I responded with a presumption of what I had learnt about them, wanting to make a list. Maybe I was too subtle, but the irony was based on a fiction as I don't know that I've learnt anything about Matticus, probably nothing. Good job I don't have a day job as any kind of comic eh.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Irony - but obviously poorly executed.

There was a presumption from Matticus of what they had learnt about us. I responded with a presumption of what I had learnt about them, wanting to make a list. Maybe I was too subtle, but the irony was based on a fiction as I don't know that I've learnt anything about Matticus, probably nothing. Good job I don't have a day job as any kind of comic eh.
I did get the humour.

matticus

Guru
Evidence to be used against us?

I can see why you read it that way! But I actually meant the personalities being revealed, warts and all ...

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Some parallels to be drawn between treatment of trans people now and treatment of gay and lesbian people 60 years ago:

That was 60 years ago. Why are they proposing to ban something that isn't happening?

More to the point I'm still intrigued as to how you can have a fixed innate attraction to a gender when the latter is a fluid social construct.

Isn't transgenderism the end of thinking?

Do you think only women should decide what a woman is? 🙂

Top Bottom