Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

It was a sarcastic response to a stupid question, Matt.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
What they have in common is that both groups are zealots, and there are tactics which were practised in Nazi Germany before and during WW2.
It is simply a matter of fact that the churches were one of the few places you could go to get away from Nazi ideology. Wherever Catholics were a majority Hitler never achieved a majority vote - max 40 %.
Usually I read your posts and think you’re an affable old loony but mostly harmless. And then,,,
If you thought something harmful wouldn't you want to warn someone about it? The high suicide rate, let alone traumatised detransitioners (which at the time I knew little about).
Can you elaborate on this point please?
I mean the western countries that have gone back on hormone treatments and surgery, especially for teenagers, as AS noted.

The closure of Tavistock.

Also countries not following Canada or Australia where parents' wishes can be overruled by the state. Ruinous fines or imprisonment imposed.
Anyway, tell us more about your belief in non-existent supernatural beings, please.
I will assume you do not claim to be omniscient, can you prove a material universe is all there is?
the God-fearing absolutist
The C of E's first transgender priest Bingo Allison quoted Genesis "male and female he created them". He (not they) said just as night and day includes dusk, so gender can be considered a continuum.

There is truth in that, so in that regard I'm not absolutist.

That said night and day, truth and error are separate categories that cannot be combined. In the same way you are either male or female, these are permanent categories and you can no more be a mixture of the two than you could be partly pregnant. In that sense I am absolutist because I see that as the truth.

Allison entered into a covenant of marriage with his wife, and has children, so he had no right to go down the transgender route, it's too late. All the more so in the sight of the God whom he is supposed to believe in.

multitool

You've got it the wrong way round.You are claiming supernatural beings exist, so prove it.

Stupid argument anyway because theists gave up trying to prove anything centuries ago.

multitool

Anyway, the trial of the two teenagers charged with Brianna's murder will take place in July.

So, after or during the trial we should know if she was murdered because she was trans and have an idea whether the hateful public discourse over the past few months was a contributory factor.

Usually I read your posts and think you’re an affable old loony but mostly harmless. And then,,,
Having been prompted to re-read this I feel I should apologise. In mitigation, drink may have been taken. Obviously I stand by the sentiment but my blatant error in using commas in a malformed ellipsis makes me hang my head in shame.

he had no right to go down the transgender route
Nob.

icowden

Legendary Member
So, after or during the trial we should know if she was murdered because she was trans and have an idea whether the hateful public discourse over the past few months was a contributory factor.
Or whether her murder was for another reason and the poor sod has been dragged into interminable debates as a straw man to show that "people hate trans people".

bobzmyunkle

Or whether her murder was for another reason and the poor sod has been dragged into interminable debates as a straw man to show that "people hate trans people
Sad situation we have a debate between someone who quotes the bible to argue against any gender other than male/female and a ghoul who uses a murder to inflame a debate for his own trolling purposes.

multitool

Or whether her murder was for another reason and the poor sod has been dragged into interminable debates as a straw man to show that "people hate trans people".

The arrogance of that remark is quite incredible.

There has been a week of vigils attended by thousands of people from the LGBT community. Why do you think that is?

Last edited:

multitool

Sad situation we have a debate between someone who quotes the bible to argue against any gender other than male/female and a ghoul who uses a murder to inflame a debate for his own trolling purposes.

I'd wait until July until you make that pronouncement.

You probably want to pop round the country and tell all the people that attended vigils that they were trolling.

Unlike some here I think there are real life consequences for others because of what gets said online.

icowden

Legendary Member
The arrogance of that remark is quite incredible.
There has been a week of vigils attended by thousands of people from the LGBT community. Why do you think that is?
Because they have been invited to so so by pro-trans groups trying to politicise this murder without waiting for the legal system to complete it's process?

Because the victim was part of a prominent minority group?

There are plenty of murders where the victims don't get vigils. Why do you think that is? Are they worth less as they are only CIS or gay or lesbian?

Bringing this news story into this thread is a little bit sick to be honest and seems to have been done solely for debate point scoring. Let justice be carried out, then bring it up if it is relevant. Until then maybe stop using the murder of a teenager to gloat about being right that trans people are unduly oppressed?

Last edited:

multitool

]Bringing this news story into this thread is a little bit sick to be honest and seems to have been done solely for debate point scoring. Let justice be carried out, then bring it up if it is relevant. Until then maybe stop using the murder of a teenager to gloat about being right that trans people are unduly oppressed?

Most of my input in this thread has been about the likely outcome of vilifying a vulnerable minority group, associating them with predators and deviants. And then this happens. Clearly there is a huge section of the LGBTQ community who are making the connection...probably because they have to live the abuse, unlike you who just sits smugly and cowardly in his house typing away at zero cost to himself.

I'm not gloating. I'm sickened. And I think that people like you are contributing to the environment that makes events like this happen.

Sure, we can wait for the outcome of the trial. But in the meantime, stop spreading hate. Your contribution might be minimal, but it is still a contribution. And do you know what? You know this, don't you, which is why you are really, really uncomfortable with Brianna's story

Last edited:
Top Bottom