Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh get real, you are going beyond ridiculous now. Laying on one's back is a sexualised position? Best you stay away from yoga classes then.

FYI, Labelle calls it 'her kink' in own statement, why would I then call it anything else? I don't know what she gets out of it.

Tesco seemed to have found a top seller here - out of stock.

View attachment 3394
Used to sell those in the shop. They were the real thing in miniature. Some would even stain as though they'd been soiled, by the addition of water.

Both them and the larger Baby Born were used by a local women's centre, for giving lessons in what to expect from the real baby and how to change a nappy. Often the people were non English speakers, so visual instructions were better suited as well as easier. Daft thing is, it was only the females that soiled themselves.

Both sexes were complete in the genitalia, appropriate to the age of the doll.

multitool

Fake threats:

Children being taught how to rim each other in PHSE lessons.

Sudden deluge of men deciding to become rapists if applying for Gender Recognition Certificates becomes slightly easier.

Women's sports dominated by trans women.

It's culture war crap, and the people promoting it ought to be ashamed of themselves, whether it is Kellie-Jay Yaxley-Lennon or somebody on a niche hobby forum.

Last edited:

multitool

Not sure sure about that one. Ask the women's cyclists pushed out by Rachel McKinnon...

Did you know that the day before McKinnon won the UCI Masters Sprint, she broke the world record for 200m sprint for her age group (35-39)?

Did you know that?

What are these 72 genders anyway? Can we name or describe them?

Is gender a spectrum with an infinite range of possibilities between two limits or is it all a bit more quantum than that?

What are these 72 genders anyway? Can we name or describe them?

Listed here, mate. On a medical site. Not the medicine based on science though.

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htm

"Abimegender: Associated with being profound, deep, and infinite. The term abimegender may be used alone or in combination with other genders".

"Esspigender: The individual relates their gender identity with spirits".

There's also the famous BBC kid's TV show of someone teaching children there are a hundred genders. They've taken it down now but it will around the net somewhere if you google. Can't help you with what numbers 73 to 100 are though.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Is gender a spectrum with an infinite range of possibilities between two limits or is it all a bit more quantum than that?

Indeed, and is it fixed or fluid?

See when teaching children about gender, these are the sorts of questions I would ask them. What is gender, what is it in our culture, what does it mean and how is it defined in other cultures?

In fact I can see how if you added together the different aspects and concepts of gender from different cultures around the world and throughout history you might arrive at a fairly high number, perhaps even several dozen. We've mentioned for example two-spirits, but they're not really considered transgender in the way we would understand it. So do we count that as another gender or do we discount it if we're not part of that culture ourselves?

I could loosely compare it to religion I suppose, which to my understanding is also a cultural construct. How many deities have ever been described by civilisation? Thousands. How many do most people believe actually exist? None, one or few. So how many deities are there?

Indeed, and is it fixed or fluid?
[...]
In fact I can see how if you added together the different aspects and concepts of gender from different cultures around the world and throughout history you might arrive at a fairly high number, perhaps even several dozen.?

See also musical genres and the tribal wars they inspire.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Listed here, mate. On a medical site. Not the medicine based on science though.

https://www.medicinenet.com/what_are_the_72_other_genders/article.htm

"Abimegender: Associated with being profound, deep, and infinite. The term abimegender may be used alone or in combination with other genders".

"Esspigender: The individual relates their gender identity with spirits".

There's also the famous BBC kid's TV show of someone teaching children there are a hundred genders. They've taken it down now but it will around the net somewhere if you google. Can't help you with what numbers 73 to 100 are though.

I've just had a brief scan for now but it looks like there are some interesting concepts there worth thinking about, including some which have been mentioned on this very thread. I'll look more in depth later.

Maths is off though. It's male, female plus 72 = 74.

multitool

Did you know that the day before McKinnon won the UCI Masters Sprint, she broke the world record for 200m sprint for her age group (35-39)?

Did you know that?

As a male bodied person riding in the women's category? Not entirely unsurprising.

Do you know how long she held the world record for?

Minutes....

A cis woman beat her.

(Of course the TERFS say nothing when TW lose :whistle: )

Top Bottom