Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
There's no 'woman identity'. It's not a feeling in your head or a costume you can adopt. There's no 'content of your mind' that makes someone a woman. How could their be? That's the nonsensical 'lady brain'/born in the wrong body narrative that was so unscientific and incredulous that even Stonewall dropped it.

To suggest that you can be a woman due to the 'contents of your head' is regressive nonsense but you have to cling to it because it's the only thing that allows you call a man and woman, when science tells us that is an impossibility.

It's clear that you are not equipped to understand. To help you, here's an analogy, not a perfect analogy, so no need to pick at it ... what you sound like is a colour-blind person insisting that colour can not possibly exist, you know as you can't see it. So all you people with your so-called colour vision nonsense can stop wasting your money on colour printers and forget everything you thought you knew.

Those aren't examples of 'every cell in your body' though. I do get your point but those examples don't back up your claim. Not that it matters, I know what you're saying.

Literally 30 seconds of googling.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222291/

I'm saying sex is binary. Immutable. Decided at conception. Unable to be changed. To suggest otherwise is flat earth level stuff.

monkers

Legendary Member
Says someone who made crass remarks about flaccid penises and oral rape earlier in the thread. We all agree you can dentify as you like. Where we differ is how this impinges on the rights of others. Your sex hasn't changed since the day you were born. You know this as well as I do.

Yes it's true, your guff make me want to taunt you, and sometimes I lose a bit of control and do so. The last time seems like about a million posts ago now, so you was due another dose (Monker's Law).

It's clear that you are not equipped to understand. To help you, here's an analogy, not a perfect analogy, so no need to pick at it ... what you sound like is a colour-blind person insisting that colour can not possibly exist, you know as you can't see it. So all you people with your so-called colour vision nonsense can stop wasting your money on colour printers and forget everything you thought you knew.

Terrible analogy. 'Colour' can be identified and quantified in a lab. It exists whether we see it or not, unlike gender which is subjective.

monkers

Legendary Member
Terrible analogy. 'Colour' can be identified and quantified in a lab. It exists whether we see it or not, unlike gender which is subjective.

Ah, so science is advanced enough to tell us that colour exists (agreed), but when scientists have not yet reached agreement about whether the brain is, or can be gendered, well then the default is therefore that it doesn't exist. The real situation is that, you can't possibly know, and scientists are not yet in enough agreement to be able to tell you. Therefore it is your 'belief' that it doesn't exist, which is just dandy because that what the High Court ruled, but only after carefully saying that your belief does not entitle you to go around saying that trans women are men.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Does colour exist if you don't see it? Surely colour is your brain's interpretation of a particular neurotransmitter produced in response to the stimulation of a particular cell by a particular wavelength of light? Isn't what we call colour created by and within us?

Yes it's true, your guff make me want to taunt you, and sometimes I lose a bit of control and do so. The last time seems like about a million posts ago now, so you was due another dose (Monker's Law).

Nah. It's your choice. You always fall back on it eventually. Abuse and emotive special pleading is your main tactic because there's no rationality to your position.

monkers

Legendary Member
Does colour exist if you don't see it? Surely colour is your brain's interpretation of a particular neurotransmitter produced in response to the stimulation of a particular cell by a particular wavelength of light? Isn't what we call colour created by and within us?

Nah, it depends on your genitals, or otherwise your cheek cells. You might tell that what my current mood is. :laugh:

I think that spending an afternoon listening to the Bojo enquiry has addled my wits, then to have to read AS's guff has tipped me over the edge. Heck I might even take up drinking.

monkers

Legendary Member
Nah. It's your choice. You always fall back on it eventually. Abuse and emotive special pleading is your main tactic because there's no rationality to your position

We reached the end of the discussion. In no way were you reasonable, so now you get ridicule, and not only from me.

Surely it's the same thing we are seeing though? I could see a shadow and know it's a shadow, someone else suffering from an illness could see a monster. The thing itself hasn't changed. 'Colour' ie a spectrum of light - exists whether humans exist to see it or name it or not.

(This is interestingly like Locke's primary and secondary qualities. A lemon could taste sour to one and sweet to another)

monkers

Legendary Member
How can gender be innate and a social construct at the same time?

Oh man, are you still confused?

'Gender identity' is innate. The socially constructed part comes from gender roles, gender expression and what have you.

The word 'gender' in the way that you seem to think of it goes back decades before the concepts were refined - the days when sex and gender were synonyms. The 2004 Act placed gender identity in the realms of the law, and that is where the meaning is now cemented for correct use.

Actually Unkraut, you were correct. I had left a word out - my apologies.

Last edited:

monkers

Legendary Member
Monkers did not make "crass remarks" about flaccid penises. She described the effect of hormone treatment on TW male genitals.

You are lying.. again

It's OK, she still doesn't know the difference between flacidity and atrophy, but give it time. Though a sense of humour may take a bit longer.

Top Bottom