Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Again. Words. Read them. Understand. Then reply.

I give up.

In earlier posts you have claimed that the introduction of self ID laws in the UK would result in an increase in predatory men attacking women, enabled by SELF ID laws.

Now you can't decide if you agree with your own words.

Are you on crack, icow?

monkers

Legendary Member
@icowden

Sorry chum but you've made a hash of this.

1 I don't think I've made any remark about searches, so I think that attribution is incorrect.

2 'For all purposes' only applies to trans people with a GRC. This comes from the 2004 GRA.

3 The Equality Act 2010 serves only to apply in cases of discrimination, victimisation, and harassment. It has no other effect. The EqA 2010 does not invoke criminal law - therefore this nonsense that you only have to say boo to a goose and the police turn up and arrest you is utter nonsense.

What the EqA does though is provide a mechanism so that a trans person* can take out a civil case against another person or organisation, ie denial of a service, unfair dismissal from employment etc.

I will guess your confusion comes from paying too much attention to AS, who either simply doesn't know what she's talking about or is disingenuous.

Edit* or to be more correct, a person with the protected characteristic of gender reassignment.

multitool

Pharaoh
I will guess your confusion comes from paying too much attention to AS, who either simply doesn't know what she's talking about or is disingenuous.

why-not-both-tkd5ak.jpg

So this isn't true then>:-

So you don't need a GRC to be Trans, nor a diagnosis. So if you decide to be Martha and not Arthur, the logical conclusion is that you can, and should be recognised as such.

Liberty human rights agrees:

I cannot find any contradiction between that and what I've said.

Self ID as proposed in Scotland and, under the May government for rest of UK too, is purely and narrowly about the mechanics of getting a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC). The main purpose of a GRC is so that one can:

(a) have birth certificate showing one's adopted gender and then;
(b) marry someone of what is then one's opposite sex;
(c) have one's death certified in your adopted gender.

There are a few other issues to do with pensions and such like but they're in the private domain; they've no real relevance to anyone else except immediate relatives etc.

The current law, per the Gender Recognition Act, is no longer in step with medical understanding of the issues facing trans people. That's why it need changing.

What Liberty say is right. Shock horror but self ID for practical purposes has been around for decades. Perhaps even over a century.

If our notional Arthur/Martha persona behaves modestly and discreetly as Martha using the female loos and changing areas and otherwise 'looking the part' most of us probably wouldn't notice.

Arthur on the other hand, doing the opposite in the female spaces, peeping under doors and waving his willy around for all to see is committing offences.

I could post a few hundred things from 'your side' if you like, you know, the usual death threats and rape threats and so on. But it wouldn't be evidence because, well, it never really happens, or there aren't enough death threats, or well ok they happen but they don't really matter.

Self ID as proposed in Scotland and, under the May government for rest of UK too, is purely and narrowly about the mechanics of getting a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC).
The Haldane ruling in Scotland has said that 'sex' is not confined to biological sex.

The Equality Act would still allow people to be excluded from services and spaces under certain circumstances but surely you could see that service providers would come under increasing pressure not to apply these exemptions. The exclusion has to proportionate and justified - a GRC holder could say 'Well, I'm legally a woman and 'sex' doesn't mean just biology so excluding me isn't justified now' and many providers would be confused by the law and wouldn't want to risk legal action. Transactivists would use it to press for service providers to abandon the EA exemptions.

An ammendment was suggested to the law which would have made it clear the Equality Act still applied but the Scottish government rejected it.

Explained at length here:

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2022/12/21/michael-foran-sex-gender-and-the-scotland-act/

If our notional Arthur/Martha persona behaves modestly and discreetly as Martha using the female loos and changing areas and otherwise 'looking the part' most of us probably wouldn't notice.

We are talking about a huge range of services and single sex spaces, not just loos. If a disabled woman has asked for a same sex carer, they are going to know that their carer is not female. Under the Scottish law the employer would be commiting a criminal act by disclosing the birth sex of someone with a GRC so they couldn't ask or tell the patient beforehand either.

Additionally, it is still an intrusion of women's single sex spaces and services even if this initially goes unnoticed. 'It's OK if you look the part and can get away with it' isn't acceptable.

multitool

Pharaoh
At what point in your life did you become radicalised, Aurora? For how long have you been wanging on and on about trans women? One year? Two years? Three years? Your entire life?

And what triggered it? Did a TW walk into a toilet you were in and you thought "ick"? Did you suddenly notice hundreds of TW swarming into your toilets? Come to think of it, have you ever been in a toilet when a TW came in and made you feel scared or trashed your dignity?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Your comment, #3937

We must be close to a breakthrough by now...

At what point in your life did you become radicalised, Aurora?

I've always cared about women and girls, thanks, and will continue to do so.

Again though, you seem to think a grown adult like me can be influenced and radicalised by what you call hate sites, but you deny that children can be caught up in social contagion from stuff they see on the Internet.

Anyway, here's another of those hateful, fascist, Nazi bigot women. It's a whistle blower nurse from the Tavistock. One of many staff who expressed concerns.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-wrong-Tavistock-Nurse-Sue-Evans-reveals.html

The Tavistock have also been told by a judge to release emails and details of meetings between them and the Mermaids charity. It will be interesting to see if they shed any light on allegations that Mermaids pressured the clinic into fast tracking kids on to the medical route.

Last edited:

multitool

Pharaoh
Again though, you seem to think a grown adult like me can be influenced and radicalised by what you call hate sites, but you deny that children can be caught up in social contagion from stuff they see on the Internet.

If it wasn't on the Internet where was it? Because it sure as he'll wasn't in real life.

In fact, it's a certainty that you've never encountered any situation with a trans person that has left you at a disadvantage. In fact, it's unlikely you've ever even met one and had a conversation with one.

As for children who have gender dysphoria, again, I doubt you've ever met one. I have. In fact many.

There is no equivalence between them seeking others help online, and you easily spewing and amplifying hatred online at no cost to you.

You choose this. They don't.

Wrong on all counts again. You've given up any semblance of actual argument now though. You're just defaulting to your personal abuse setting because it seems to be all you've got left.

All these doctors, sports scientists, researchers, who don't agree with you must have been radicalised online. All that research showing male advantage in sports over the last 40 years must have been somehow influenced by left wing feminist Julie Bindel. The Dutch experts now backtracking on transitioning kids can't be following the evidence; they must be taking their orders from Kathleen Stock.

I think you were more convincing when you were touting your 51% bog survey as overwhelming proof that women consented.

I've got a busy day but I'll see you later no doubt.

multitool

Pharaoh
Wrong on all counts again. You've given up any semblance of actual argument now though. You're just defaulting to your personal abuse setting because it seems to be all you've got left.

All these doctors, sports scientists, researchers, who don't agree with you must have been radicalised online. All that research showing male advantage in sports over the last 40 years must have been somehow influenced by left wing feminist Julie Bindel. The Dutch experts now backtracking on transitioning kids can't be following the evidence; they must be taking their orders from Kathleen Stock.

I think you were more convincing when you were touting your 51% bog survey as overwhelming proof that women consented.

I've got a busy day but I'll see you later no doubt.

Lol. Here comes the "personal abuse" claim again.

You've just had the chance to demonstrate how it wasn't online radicalisation that led you to this place, but you can't can you. No personal experience whatsoever....just inculcated into a hate cult.

icowden

Legendary Member
Whether the GC cult want to acknowledge it or not, they are on the same side as the very worst people
Yes the people on the side of women have to put up with nutcases the same as everyone else. Of course all the people calling women c*nts and threatening to kill them are just angels.

Top Bottom