Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

It mentions 2 in the headline. As to the rest, I have no idea what you are talking about. As usual. I said none of that though. All the athletes with the 5-ard dsd are biological males. They have previously been allowed to run, but can now only run in events over 400m because it has, for unfathomable reasons, been decreed that they only have unfair advantage in higher distances.

One of the runners in the article, Margaret Wambui, has even suggested a third category for dsd athletes:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/africa/57239439.amp

We all know what a woman is. This ridiculous game of pretending noone knows it's biological material reality is simply a way of trying to undermine provision for women by suggesting anyone can be a woman because 'What's a woman??? Nobody knows!! It's a mystery! We can all be women!'

Asking 'What is a woman?' isn't a test of knowledge. It's a test of who is prepared to lie.

All mammals have developed to have bodies that produce either big gametes or small ones. Hence, two sexes. There are dozens of different dsds. Does that mean there are dozens of different sexes? No, of course not. There are two sexes with occasional variation in development.

https://www.city-journal.org/article/understanding-the-sex-binary

Appropriating the difficulties of people with dsds - some of which have serious medical implications - in order to justify including men who don't have a dsd in the female sports category is in poor taste.

'Some people have medical conditions, therefore men without a medical condition can be in women's sports, changing rooms, refuges.....'

Dsd folk are just useful to be exploited to the benefit of those without a dsd it seems.
You only read the headline!
Selective memory at play again.
One of the athletes named in that piece didn't make the US Olympic squad, due to a trans woman, competing in the archery taking her place.

Where are all these men seeking, nay demanding access to women's spaces?
I ask because I've yet to see anyone trying.
And I'm not counting trans women in the above question.

multitool

Shaman
Bit like when Aurora used that transphobic attack on an 83 year old as justification for her own transphobic rantings...

View: https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1659590989575602176?s=20

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
And where does that leave all those women (the majority of women) who agree with those men? Misogynistic too, obviously.
"Let Women Speak!"
"NO!!!! NOT THOSE ONES!!!"
The majority of women? Oh dear. Are we back to your Brexit toilet Maths again, where 51% on a single specific question means the majority of women overwhelmingly agree with you on the wider issue?

I think all women should be allowed to speak, even the ones I disagree with. It's you who thinks it's fine to abuse women in public if you don't like what they say.

Where are all these men seeking, nay demanding access to women's spaces?
I ask because I've yet to see anyone trying.
And I'm not counting trans women in the above question.
You should count them because they are men. And yes, they are seeking access to women's spaces. You and several other males on here are cheering them on to do so.

Bit like when Aurora used that transphobic attack on an 83 year old as justification for her own transphobic rantings...

You really need to do better than this if you're going to abandon all pretence of putting forward a rational argument for your position. It was literally yesterday. People can go back and read it rather than relying on your outright lie.

KJ Keen is free to offer her opinion on anything she likes, just as is everybody else. She's just one voice among many, and doesn't speak for all gender critical women, even though you seem rather fixated on her.

multitool

Shaman
The majority of women? Oh dear. Are we back to your Brexit toilet Maths again, where 51% on a single specific question means the majority of women overwhelmingly agree with you on the wider issue?

There you go again, misrepresenting. It's you who has inserted the word "overwhelmingly" and "on the wider issue". That 51% arose when you claimed the majority of women were against TW using women's toilets. I showed you polling that 51% of women weren't.

I then had to explain to you that 51% is also the majority. Unfortunately for you, my memory is better than yours...and that is me giving you the benefit of the doubt that you distortion isn't deliberate.
You should count them because they are men. And yes, they are seeking access to women's spaces. You and several other males on here are cheering them on to do so.

"Cheering".

Christ. Even the language you use is bôllocks.

You really need to do better than this if you're going to abandon all pretence of putting forward a rational argument for your position. It was literally yesterday. People can go back and read it rather than relying on your outright lie.

Lol. Yes they can. Weird thing is, nobody has ever called me a liar.

At least 5 people have used that term for you.

KJ Keen is free to offer her opinion on anything she likes, just as is everybody else. She's just one voice among many, and doesn't speak for all gender critical women, even though you seem rather fixated on her.

Weird that your only comment on KJK's disgusting victim-blaming is to offer tacit support for her rather than criticism. Bet you've got one of her t shirts, haven't you.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
You've just abandoned actually arguing your position entirely of late. Instead you resort to mud slinging and personal attacks, and guilt by association of course. I don't support KJK's comment; it's your usual tactic of claiming I agree with her whether I say anything or not.

I don't feel obliged to comment on every pronouncement of KJK, just like you obviously don't feel the need to comment on every thing a transactivist says or does. I've no idea why you would expect me to.

multitool

Shaman
I've adopted your tactics, Aurora, and you dont like it. 🤣🤣

Well, some of them. Still can't bring myself to lie.

Anyway, I don't take you seriously. You have no real argument. Your whole shtick is in essence to present trans rights and women's rights as opposing sides in a zero sum game.

If your premise is bullshít then so is everything you build on it.

Goodnight

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I'm happy to let people read your posts and decide for themselves. There's clearly a clash in some areas and constantly dismissing women's concerns won't stop the public discussion of the wider issues.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'm sure it's all very edifying for white women who aren't even interested in sport to sit around pontificating about why Namibian women athletes should be forced to take drugs to suppress their entirely natural hormone levels because Seb Coe thinks it's sus when you run too fast.

icowden

Legendary Member
I'm sure it's all very edifying for white women who aren't even interested in sport to sit around pontificating about why Namibian women athletes should be forced to take drugs to suppress their entirely natural hormone levels because Seb Coe thinks it's sus when you run too fast.
Because they are not Namibian women athletes. They are Namibian DSD athletes. They are not biological women with XX chromosomes, womb and ovaries and thus have an unfair physical advantage over biological women. @AuroraSaab explained it quite well. DSD Women tend to have an underlying male biology and physiology despite presenting with female like anatomy - hence the very high testosterone levels when compared to non-DSD women.

icowden

Legendary Member
It is LITERALLY your username cut in half...much the same as when you or others call me 'Tool'.
Which I did once, and never actually use your username when replying to you as there is no need.
Stop pretending that you aren't doing it to wind me up.

I have already told you that I regard it as the pathetic jibing of an adolescent schoolboy, but you like to keep doing it, especially when you don't have a counter argument to something that I have presented. I think it's your form of a dead cat.

Raise your game.

icowden

Legendary Member
In one breath we hear that gametes are the test for sex, next breath it's external genitals, next breath it's chromosomes, next breath it's DNA.
If you can't define what a woman is, what chance does the IOC or Keir Starmer have?
It's chromosomes. They carry DNA. If you have a Y chromosome you are biologically male.

classic33

I entirely agree. Will you be campaigning for trans allies to stop cancelling events held by TERFs? Will you be campaigning for people to stop harassing JK Rowling?

Or is it as you say:-

If you want to let women speak, you need to let ALL of them speak.
But not everyone is willing to recognise ALL women as women. How do you let those women speak?

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Because they are not Namibian women athletes. They are Namibian DSD athletes. They are not biological women with XX chromosomes, womb and ovaries and thus have an unfair physical advantage over biological women. @AuroraSaab explained it quite well. DSD Women tend to have an underlying male biology and physiology despite presenting with female like anatomy - hence the very high testosterone levels when compared to non-DSD women.

Thanks but I don't need you, Aurora, or any other self-appointed authority to explain it to me.

Top Bottom