Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a Swedish study on men who have a paraphilia for dressing in women's clothes. It has nothing to do with unisex facilities in Sweden or anywhere else. Presumably women who go to a mixed sauna know it's mixed. They have consented to seeing naked males. Women and girls who go to a facility or service that isn't unisex, but intended for women, haven't consented to seeing naked males.
It was a Swedish study, involving men and women, 2,450 people in the 18 - 60 age group. Which is less than 0.5% of the population in the age group "studied". 0.4% of the women in that study were found to have reported at least one episode of transvestic fetishism. What about them?

It covered both men and women, not just men as you describe.

You could ask a moderator from the other side of the forum to delete it. What was the purpose in posting it? Other than to encourage other people to look him up and identify him? Drive him off the forum altogether? It wasn't full on doxxing but it was enabling it.
There's only one "moderator" on here. The site content is up to the posters on here.

icowden

Legendary Member
Have you looked at his CV?
He probably has. It's not hidden.
Can non NHS staff look up CVs on their systems? We are forever being told by organisations that we can't have information due to Data Protection rules.
I am not employed by the NHS and my CV is on a publicly available website.
To me this is unfair on icowden, who has at least had the guts to detail his experience, unlike most posters , including me, who just jump in with their two-pennorth based on their instincts and, possibly, far less experience
Thank you. I am trying to have a positive discussion. Sometimes it happens but rarely in this thread.

It was a Swedish study, involving men and women, 2,450 people in the 18 - 60 age group. Which is less than 0.5% of the population in the age group "studied". 0.4% of the women in that study were found to have reported at least one episode of transvestic fetishism. What about them?

It covered both men and women, not just men as you describe.

Most research is on sample groups of people not the population of an entire country.

What about the 0.4% of women? Well 0.4% is a much smaller number than 3%, so sounds like dressing as the opposite sex is very much a man thing doesn't it? I'm surprised that's news.

A disappointing, disingenuous response. I would really not have expected this of you.
My response was to @AuroraSaab ’s point, and it’s the simple truth.
In a gesture of openness, which he was naive to do, he has given some information so you openly tell others how to find out even more...just to make a point on an internet forum.
I don’t believe I have enabled, encouraged, or revealed anything non-obvious, but I accept that others see things differently.

Fortunately, having corresponded with the alleged victim, I know that the vicarious concern is largely misplaced.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
My response was to @AuroraSaab ’s point, and it’s the simple truth.

I don’t believe I have enabled, encouraged, or revealed anything non-obvious, but I accept that others see things differently.

Fortunately, having corresponded with the alleged victim, I know that the vicarious concern is largely misplaced.

That's OK then.

Most research is on sample groups of people not the population of an entire country.

What about the 0.4% of women? Well 0.4% is a much smaller number than 3%, so sounds like dressing as the opposite sex is very much a man thing doesn't it? I'm surprised that's news.
Suggest you check what paraphilia actually covers and what the study actually addressed.

It was a sample size representing less than 0.05%, not the 0.5% given earlier, of the Swedish population in the age group covered. Not entirely a large number, percentage wise.
And it was "almost 3%(2.8%) 68.6 men, not 3%.

D

Deleted member 121

Although @HMS_Dave's comparison seems a bit more like a put down and does suggest that he doesn't hold GP Receptionists in the highest regard.

As in they don't have the relevant medical experience. I reject your notion.

If you have a medical concern, would you be happy to be examined by a receptionist or a GP? For me it's a GP.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
A disappointing, disingenuous response. I would really not have expected this of you.

In a gesture of openness, which he was naive to do, he has given some information so you openly tell others how to find out even more...just to make a point on an internet forum.

Jesus wept: like anyone wants to do that. Personally I wish someone would disclose the exact website where this CV sits just so I can make sure never to stumble across it by accident.

mudsticks

Squire
Question :-

Assuming that they comply with the generally agreed 'norms' of behaviour.

Do the men on here respect and understand womens desire in some circumstances, to have separate and protected* spaces for ourselves, out of a genuine sense of care, and even empathy .?

Or do they just 'go along with it' for a quiet life, despite thinking there's really no real need for us to have those separate spaces.?

*Whether or not those spaces are protected or enforced in law.

Top Bottom