Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://twitter.com/search?q=from:@Glinner groomer&t=SI6-U7P3zj6fnbf26unQjA&s=09

Gonna have to check my twitter settings because for some reason I can't search for his handle or search his timeline. I must be doing something right I suppose.

That link just shows this for me:

No results for "from:@Glinner groomer"
I understand he has specifically called transactivists who advocate the medical and surgical route for body dysphoric children 'groomers', so you are correct in that aspect.

Linehan, who has claimed that the pink and blue on the trans rights flag are “the paedophile colours” and that "almost every central trans figure is a nonce",

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23727644.cancelled-graham-linehan-fringe-gig-go-ahead-new-venue/

You said he called trans people paedophiles, not trans activists.

Ironically the transactivist cartoonist you yourself linked to on here did turn out to be nonce adjacent, to put it politely. As is the transactivist 'lawyer' Winjim linked to yesterday - convicted for sexual abuse of a 14 year old boy. Mermaids trustee Jacob Breslaw quit after allegations that he was a paedophile apologist. Do you want to discuss leading transactivist Peter Tatchell?

This is the point though. If you admit that there are some unsavory people in the transactivist movement, who are pushing for men to be admitted to women's spaces and for children and adolescents to be able to consent to meds and surgery, then you can't defend the constant erosion of women's boundaries and safeguarding in the way you do. Because these men undermine the whole 'transwomen are harmless just like women' mantra that your position depends on. They aren't, they're just like other men. Easier to pretend they are all wholesome individuals with childrens interests at heart.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's about you joking that there isn't enough cancelling going on if Linehan can still be heard. You seem to want to ignore that plenty of ordinary people are facing the same, and worse. If I posted on here joking about trans suicide though I wonder what reaction I would get.

What is needed is more people prepared to poke fun at the whole issue of woke/anti-woke rhetoric and the righteousness of internet chit-chat.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Noticed throughout the World Cup that large numbers of backroom and coaching staff, including physios, are male. I wonder what the protocol is there?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Noticed throughout the World Cup that large numbers of backroom and coaching staff, including physios, are male. I wonder what the protocol is there?

Protocol for what?

I doubt there is a protocol in either mens' or womens' football defining the sex/gender of non-players.

The sex/gender of physios should be irrelevant, just as there are many women physios in mens' sport, and I suspect that, as womens' football becomes more established and we see women who have had substantial experience of coaching at a good level over the years, we will see less and less men in those roles.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Protocol for what?

I doubt there is a protocol in either mens' or womens' football defining the sex/gender of non-players.

The sex/gender of physios should be irrelevant, just as there are many women physios in mens' sport, and I suspect that, as womens' football becomes more established and we see women who have had substantial experience of coaching at a good level over the years, we will see less and less men in those roles.

Protocol was maybe the wrong word. Just idly thinking about it really.

ETA: Largely because 15 of the Spanish players said they weren't prepared to play for the national side over fears for their mental and physical well-being.

Last edited:

Mr Celine

I've noticed that the Grauniad refers to the England women's team as lionesses but all actresses are referred to as actors.
:scratch:

Ian H

Guru
I've noticed that the Grauniad refers to the England women's team as lionesses but all actresses are referred to as actors.
:scratch:
'Lionesses' is the name the team assumed whereas 'actor' is merely a description.

multitool

Pharaoh
This is the point though. If you admit that there are some unsavory people in the transactivist movement, who are pushing for men to be admitted to women's spaces and for children and adolescents to be able to consent to meds and surgery, then you can't defend the constant erosion of women's boundaries and safeguarding in the way you do. Because these men undermine the whole 'transwomen are harmless just like women' mantra that your position depends on. They aren't, they're just like other men. Easier to pretend they are all wholesome individuals with childrens interests at heart.

You wait until you find out about paediatric nurses

Top Bottom