Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Yep, one of the reasons. There's a duty of care involved.
How does that work then?

bobzmyunkle

The marshalls and other volunteers are aware of what to do and act accordingly?
I meant how do they know someone is lost on the course? There's no check in at the start. What I'm saying is that recording times is bugger all to do with safety.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I meant how do they know someone is lost on the course? There's no check in at the start. What I'm saying is that recording times is bugger all to do with safety.

Depends on the run and the environment I guess. We keep track of the numbers at the start and finish of ours.

I've no problem with the times being recorded. It's meant for everyone, and is.

CXRAndy

Guru
Of course it's competitive. If timings are recorded there will be always competition.

Trans should be recorded with their biological sex or own category.

Easy to spot T amongst the M and F tables :biggrin:

I looked back this morning to find that you stopped posting too. Immediately after I posted after a month away, you were back and replying to me. I am not the stalker.
Nobody is stalking you. The Search function shows you stopped posting in July. My last post before today was 7th Sept. I think you rather overestimate your importance to both this debate and other posters.

I think you do this because I revealed my interest - I raised a trans child. Your intention is to try to hurt others. Cruelty is in your genes.

No, just tired of your histrionics and disingenuous posturing. The No Debate phase is well and truly over, in the UK at least, so the public discussion will go on regardless of your overwrought inventions on here.

monkers

Legendary Member
Nobody is stalking you. The Search function shows you stopped posting in July. My last post before today was 7th Sept. I think you rather overestimate your importance to both this debate and other posters.

No, just tired of your histrionics and disingenuous posturing. The No Debate phase is well and truly over, in the UK at least, so the public discussion will go on regardless of your overwrought inventions on here.

'Histrionics' - hold the mirror up. Were you at the park that day?

No, I wasn't. Though of course it would be none of your business if I were seeing as people are allowed to peacefully protest (within the law) as they see fit. It seems a rather more civilised t shirt based protest than the ones 'your' side usually give us.

large-784962-29e35a0f-5c00-43e2-a326-365d71c67106.jpeg

monkers

Legendary Member
No, I wasn't. Though of course it would be none of your business if I were seeing as people are allowed to peacefully protest (within the law) as they see fit. It seems a rather more civilised t shirt based protest than the ones 'your' side usually give us.

View attachment 4681

The question was politely asked. I have never worn a T shirt with any political slogan. A reminder - I'm on the side of human rights and not a member of any trans or gc organisations. I want human rights for all humans; we are not the same.

icowden

Legendary Member
I want human rights for all humans; we are not the same.
Why do you think that @AuroraSaab has a different view on this to you?

I'd be surprised if anyone posting here actually disagreed with the principles of human rights. I'm not sure anyone is pro torture or coercion.
We are discussing whether or not women's rights need protecting and whether men who identify as women should have the right to trample over those women's rights simply by saying that they are a woman. Those that support the notion that men who identify as women should have the right to do this are very keen to kill and rape women judging by their slogans and T-Shirts. Those that do stand up for women's rights are branded Nazis.

It's almost like there are two teams of extremists except that when you look at "extremists" like Graham Linehan and ask what their views are, those views seem terribly polite and reasonable. It's a bit like being told you are finally getting an interview with Josef Mengele and finding out that the chap you are interviewing hasn't been torturing people but just wants free healthcare for all and proper medical research and thinks that medicine should be regulated.

We are discussing whether or not women's rights need protecting and whether men who identify as women should have the right to trample over those women's rights simply by saying that they are a woman. Those that support the notion that men who identify as women should have the right to do this are very keen to kill and rape women judging by their slogans and T-Shirts.

There’s so much wrong with these two sentences that I can only assume you’re being deliberately offensive. Why?

monkers

Legendary Member
Why do you think that @AuroraSaab has a different view on this to you?

I'd be surprised if anyone posting here actually disagreed with the principles of human rights. I'm not sure anyone is pro torture or coercion.
We are discussing whether or not women's rights need protecting and whether men who identify as women should have the right to trample over those women's rights simply by saying that they are a woman. Those that support the notion that men who identify as women should have the right to do this are very keen to kill and rape women judging by their slogans and T-Shirts. Those that do stand up for women's rights are branded Nazis.

It's almost like there are two teams of extremists except that when you look at "extremists" like Graham Linehan and ask what their views are, those views seem terribly polite and reasonable. It's a bit like being told you are finally getting an interview with Josef Mengele and finding out that the chap you are interviewing hasn't been torturing people but just wants free healthcare for all and proper medical research and thinks that medicine should be regulated.

Despite the extensive posting, AS and others of you have no idea about what makes me tick - to the point that AS has made several digs about 'my side'. My side is human rights, and not some ludicrous claim that women's rights includes the right not to have to play a trans woman in a game of chess, or the need to protest the presence of trans people in a fun run. There examples of Tee shirts worn by both sides of these activists is as bad as each other - makes me feel like banging their heads together - and I'm non-violent.

Where all this campaigning is getting us, is not a win for women's sex-based rights; indeed not, the government are using the tedium of the argument that they themselves are promoting as an excuse to abolish human rights.

Please allow yourself the time for some critical thinking before you start pounding the keyboard.

Top Bottom