Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member

Because it wasn't discussed in any of today's posts I don't think. Otherwise the mention of it wasn't part of the ongoing conversation we were having.

In the same way, if you filter trans women from cis women you'll find similar data, young trans women will offend at a higher rate than older women.
There is no data that categorises transwomen offenders by age, as far as I know, so this is supposition. Please post a link to the data. Obviously there are some offences that people stop doing as they mature, eg joy riding.

Identities are never simple, they are always complex. A young trans offender is more likely to be an offender because they are young rather than because they are trans.
The biggest common denominator amongst sex offenders isn't age, race, or religion. It's sex. Namely being male by birth.

12 year old boys and 90 year old men are unlikely to be sex offenders but we don't abandon safeguarding, or the dignity and privacy of women and girls, to accommodate them in the way you demand for transwomen.

This is the kind of nuance to data that you simply don't understand, or refuse to recognise as it denies the all trans women are male rapists and paedophiles vexatious narrative that you seem to wish to promote.

I've never said that. I've said they offend at the same rates as other men - some stats suggest at worse rates. You seek special dispensation for transwomen on the basis that you think they are different to other men and that the everyday safeguarding rules - that every man on this forum probably happily complies with every day - shouldn't apply to them.

monkers

Legendary Member
There is no data that categorises transwomen offenders by age, as far as I know, so this is supposition. Please post a link to the data. Obviously there are some offences that people stop doing as they mature, eg joy riding.

The biggest common denominator amongst sex offenders isn't age, race, or religion. It's sex. Namely being male by birth.

12 year old boys and 90 year old men are unlikely to be sex offenders but we don't abandon safeguarding, or the dignity and privacy of women and girls, to accommodate them in the way you demand for transwomen.

I've never said that. I've said they offend at the same rates as other men - some stats suggest at worse rates. You seek special dispensation for transwomen on the basis that you think they are different to other men.

Yes, I had already said that the data had too much nuance for you too handle.

I do not seek special dispensation for anyone. I reject your unevidenced discrimination of an already marginalised cohort of people.

I dismiss it as bigotry since your true intention is discrimination rather than a meaningful examination of the data in pursuance of reducing crime rates.

monkers

Legendary Member
You're a twat.

I rushed to save him but it was too late ...

1699378509280.png

Scientists: Andy, do you remember what cis means?

Andy: there's no such thing as cis.

Braverman's first apparent victim. So cruel.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't particularly care for the term "cis" but it's been around for some time. It only appears to be a new thing for people who think that being trans is a phenomenon which has only sprung up recently.

Yes, I had already said that the data had too much nuance for you too handle.
Please provide a link to this data then. I can't find a breakdown by age for transgender offenders. I'm not sure the UK even collates such data.

I do not seek special dispensation for anyone. I reject your unevidenced discrimination of an already marginalised cohort of people.
Lots of men belong to marginalised cohorts, eg of race and religious groups, or of disability. We don't say the everyday safeguarding that applies to other men shouldn't apply to them.

I dismiss it as bigotry since your true intention is discrimination rather than a meaningful examination of the data in pursuance of reducing crime rates.

Lawful discrimination against all men - by applying the exemptions in the Equality Act in order to keep women's single sex spaces and services for women and girls alone - has actually done a good job of reducing crime rates by reducing opportunities for offending. Long may that continue.

monkers

Legendary Member
Please provide a link to this data then. I can't find a breakdown by age for transgender offenders. I'm not sure the UK even collates such data.

You claim that trans women offend at the same rate or worse as cis men. You don't actually need to filter trans people. Just compare the offending rates by age and by sex. It becomes very clear that young people offend at much higher rates.

If you open the home page to this site, you'll see a panel of all those on the forum. If you click that, you'll see a breakdown including a link to a list of bots reading the site, and this thread.

I think I remember seeing ChatGPT here earlier reading the thread, so I asked Chat GPT the question ... ''do trans women have a higher rate of violent offences to women compared to men in the UK''.

Here is the reply ...
It's important to approach this question with care and nuance. Transgender individuals, including trans women, are a diverse group of people, and making generalizations about their behavior can be misleading. Additionally, data specifically focusing on violent offenses committed by trans women in comparison to men and women is often limited.
Research on this specific topic is not extensive and can be influenced by various factors, including social biases, sample sizes, and other variables. However, available studies and analyses suggest that the majority of violent crimes are committed by cisgender individuals (those whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth) rather than transgender individuals.
Crime rates among any group can be influenced by multiple factors such as socioeconomic conditions, access to education, discrimination, mental health issues, and more, rather than just the gender identity of individuals. Moreover, analyzing crime statistics based on gender identity can be complex due to underreporting, misclassification, and other societal factors.
It's essential to approach these matters with sensitivity, avoiding assumptions or generalizations about any particular group. The focus should be on addressing and preventing violence and crime in society as a whole, rather than attributing it to specific gender identities.

I've mixed feeling about this reply. It means that either you have less understanding of nuance in data analysis than a bot, or I am a bot who has convinced herself that she is human. Both scenarios quite scary.^_^

You claim that trans women offend at the same rate or worse as cis men. You don't actually need to filter trans people. Just compare the offending rates by age and by sex. It becomes very clear that young people offend at much higher rates.
As we aren't talking about excluding people on the basis of age (though of course this is sometimes appropriate), but on the basis of birth sex, and age being far less relevant than birth sex in terms of offending anyway, the age of offenders isn't of much significance. Unless of course you think younger transwomen should be excluded from women's single sex spaces but older ones shouldn't.

I asked Chat GPT the question ... ''do trans women have a higher rate of violent offences to women compared to men in the UK''.

Here is the reply ...
Presenting the musings of Chat GTP as some sort of evidence in this debate is a scraping of the bottom of the barrel that even I hadn't envisaged. Kudos.

icowden

Legendary Member
I've mixed feeling about this reply. It means that either you have less understanding of nuance in data analysis than a bot, or I am a bot who has convinced herself that she is human. Both scenarios quite scary.^_^
Or the third possibility which is that the bot has been trained not to give honest responses, but responses that aren't "triggering".

icowden

Legendary Member
This is distinct from being free to hold an opinion, after all there can be no thought police. But I do not think that the voicing of very offensive opinions should be absolutely free.
But others would disagree and prevent Graham Linehan from performing (for example).

monkers

Legendary Member
As we aren't talking about excluding people on the basis of age (though of course this is sometimes appropriate), but on the basis of birth sex, and age being far less relevant than birth sex in terms of offending anyway, the age of offenders isn't of much significance. Unless of course you think younger transwomen should be excluded from women's single sex spaces but older ones shouldn't.

Presenting the musings of Chat GTP as some sort of evidence in this debate is a scraping of the bottom of the barrel that even I hadn't envisaged. Kudos.

The comment that followed and the emoji showed that this was content intended to be humour. But of it course the interpretation required emotional intelligence and nuance. My mistake was to think that you'd recognise it for what it was. Oh well.

monkers

Legendary Member
But others would disagree and prevent Graham Linehan from performing (for example).

The boundaries between what is considered free speech and what is considered hate speech had become increasingly blurred. But I wouldn't expect anything much else when we have bigots running the country.

Top Bottom