Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

I didn't, but this is what we are dealing with - someone with an innate inability to tell the truth.
Pathological almost

Trans people, children or adults do not get 'psychiatric care' as they are not mentally ill. You continue with this false narrative while pretending to care about children.
You literally just said it.

I think children presenting with body or gender dysphoria, who we know from the Tavistock have far higher rates of autism, ocd, same sex attraction, are more likely to be in care or have lost a parent, are in fact very likely suffering from mental health issues. I think all these factors should be explored before they are given puberty blockers or hormones. Gender/body dysphoria is likely a symptoms of these wider issues.

CXRAndy

Guru
claims about 'psychiatric treatment'.

It is established that the vast majority of kids with dysphoria have multiple other issues, autism, OCD, self harm etc.

Why would it not be beneficial to start with psychiatric treatment?

What's with the fast track to treatments that are irreversible.

monkers

Legendary Member
It is established that the vast majority of kids with dysphoria have multiple other issues, autism, OCD, self harm etc.

Cause and effect?

Coincidence is not causation.

monkers

Legendary Member
There are many problems with the Hanna Barnes statements presented by @AuroraSaab

I would have though that even Aurora would not support the view of someone who still talks about 'sex changes.

The list of 'comorbidities' to get it to such a high number is not just suspicious but fictious.

For a start being 'bullied' is not a 'psychiatric comorbid condition. For anyone familiar with the way bullying operates in school it is obvious that kids are bullied for any perception of difference. A trans child will stand out amongst other child as 'different' or 'other' even if the child has not declared. Bullying will result. If anything being bullied is a strong indicator of a genuine difference - not a comorbid psychiatric condition.

One study shows that 29% of school children experience bullying. Why would we expect there not to be children in this cohort who have not been bullied.

Having 'lost' a parent is listed as another comorbid condition. About a quarter of all children in the UK live in single parent households. Other children are raised by other relatives. Many have step parents. Some are in foster care or are adoptees. Why do we no expect to find these children within the cohort of trans children. How is this a 'psychiatric condition' with comorbidity with gender incongruence?

It is rare to see such a bare faced set of lies presented as facts, a blatant distortion. I don't happen to have real data, but that doesn't prevent my eyes from witnessing the utter prejudice that lurks behind these claims.

It is bad enough to see the casual bigotry of these claims, but to have them bigged up further in this way is a blatant abuse of data.

This is exactly what I am seeing, one alarmist receiving such data from another, heaping exaggeration upon exaggeration with each repetition.

monkers

Legendary Member

You think that having been bullied for gender incongruence is a comorbid psychiatric condition?

You think coming from a single parent family is a comorbid psychiatric condition?

Where is the evidence of causation that any such factors have led to a child believing they have gender incongruence?

There is plenty of evidence of coincidence.

monkers

Legendary Member
You literally just said it.

I think children presenting with body or gender dysphoria, who we know from the Tavistock have far higher rates of autism, ocd, same sex attraction, are more likely to be in care or have lost a parent, are in fact very likely suffering from mental health issues. I think all these factors should be explored before they are given puberty blockers or hormones. Gender/body dysphoria is likely a symptoms of these wider issues.

The WHO say it. Neither your or my opinions are significant. The leading team of experts on this have reported to the WHO that gender incongruence is not a psychiatric condition. Accordingly quite a few countries have moved to Self ID.

I know you believe that you know everything, whereas I know that I don't - I listen to the experts.

CXRAndy

Guru
You think that having been bullied for gender incongruence is a comorbid psychiatric condition?

You think coming from a single parent family is a comorbid psychiatric condition?

Where is the evidence of causation that any such factors have led to a child believing they have gender incongruence?

There is plenty of evidence of coincidence.

Being a single parent has a doubling of mental illness for the children.

Having a balanced family has a huge effect on the children's well being,

The separate issues can lead to mental illness, of which body dysphoria can be one of those.

There is no necessity to run off to the nearest gender clinic until all the issues surrounding the child have been thoroughly assessed.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Being a single parent has a doubling of mental illness for the children.

Having a balanced family has a huge effect on the children's well being,

The separate issues can lead to mental illness, of which body dysphoria can be one of those.

There is no necessity to run off to the nearest gender clinic until all the issues surrounding the child have been thoroughly assessed.

Do you pull all your stats out of thin air? Or is it just these ones?

Because you can't possibly say that with any kind of credible back up.

monkers

Legendary Member
[1] Being a single parent has a doubling of mental illness for the children.

[2] Having a balanced family has a huge effect on the children's well being,

[3] The separate issues can lead to mental illness, of which body dysphoria can be one of those.

[4} There is no necessity to run off to the nearest gender clinic until all the issues surrounding the child have been thoroughly assessed.

[1] Evidence please for the 'doubling' and any causation of gender incongruence in children.

[2] I don't doubt, but having a balanced family does not produce children who are not without a difference of any kind - unless you have evidence?

[3] Evidence?

[4] If they are comorbid, then why not deal with them in the one place at the one time?

CXRAndy

Guru
Do you pull all your stats out of thin air? Or is it just these ones?

Because you can't possibly say that with any kind of credible back up.

From 2006, You think the explosion of single parents since then has helped childhood mental illness
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/feb/21/mentalhealth.childrensservices#:~:text=Around 13% of girls whose,living with an unmarried parent.

There are over 2.94 million single parent families in the United Kingdom as of 2022, compared with over three million five years earlier in 2015. Between 1996 and 2012 the number of single parent families in the UK increased by almost 600,000, with that number falling to the amount seen in the most recent year.

Compared to the mid twentieth century the rise of single parents has been catastrophic

You could clearly argue that the increase in single parents, has been the major contributory cause of childhood mental illness.

All because parents were too casual with their relationships, no commitment, no staying power.

Don't have children if you're not prepared to be married/stay together for life

Top Bottom