Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Could just as easily ask what it is that makes some men so enamoured of supporting something that overwhelmingly benefits other men but is detrimental to women and girls.

'Having a positive view of' is not the same as 'transwomen should be in women's prisons, sports, and single sex spaces'.

When critical thinking follows moral panic...

Lesbian swimmer Diana Nyad changes stance on trans athletes: ‘I regret any harm I caused’​

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/12...QxTOuDmHmaOZHEcbhBb3w1lAMl9GVp_F3XpexbiTyLQ70

classic33

Could just as easily ask what it is that makes some men so enamoured of supporting something that overwhelmingly benefits other men but is detrimental to women and girls.

'Having a positive view of' is not the same as 'transwomen should be in women's prisons, sports, and single sex spaces'.
Its trans people, not just trans women included in that survey.

Still trying to figure out why you're hiding behind a false facade.
Could it be true?

M.G.G.

CXRAndy

Guru

Lesbian swimmer Diana Nyad changes stance on trans athletes: ‘I regret any harm I caused’​

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/12...QxTOuDmHmaOZHEcbhBb3w1lAMl9GVp_F3XpexbiTyLQ70

“I have come to understand that the science is far more complex than I thought, and there are clearly more educated experts than I who are creating policy to ensure that elite sports are both fair and inclusive of all women,”

Creating policy :laugh:

Making it up as they go along

No shït. What it does indicate is that very few in the surveyed cohort buy into all the nonsense about nature and biology spouted by the right wing, religious, and assorted incel nutters.

No it doesn't. You have no idea what the people surveyed meant by 'supportive of' because the question is too vague. The fact that you presume to know exactly what they meant says more about you really.

Lesbian swimmer Diana Nyad changes stance on trans athletes: ‘I regret any harm I caused..'​

I would put this reversal of views in the same camp as the stance of Billie Jean King. Elderly retired sportswoman doesn't want to lose their gay Icon status and instead is willing to chuck younger sportswomen and girls under the bus. Knowing of course that they will never have to compete against males and that their records, medals, and placings are safe.

No being bumped from the Olympics for Diana and Billie Jean. No sharing the podium and coming in 3rd to 2 males for them. No facing public abuse like Martina Navratilova and Linda Blade.

Illinois State Cyclocross championships last weekend:

GAhAs6NXMAAHSk1.jpeg

CXRAndy

Guru
Interesting that two of you brought this case up. This is how the third place competitor responds ...

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/12/08/cyclist-ridiculous-outrage-trans-athletes/

This was low key event, I bet she wouldn't be saying that at the national finals or World championship.

The male who has competed and won, has won every event this season. The time when he didn't compete Kristin Chalmers won the competition.

He wasn't winning or doing so great when entering mens events

Id also reckon the winning times are far ahead of the other riders

Edit. The male rider is winning by a country mile. Usually is upto 1min faster per lap, so several minutes victory margin.

Utterly ridiculous, not even competition

Usually on the elite CX women events 30 secs winning margin is a very good result over an hour's event

These men are taking the piss entering women's races

monkers

Legendary Member
This was low key event, I bet she wouldn't be saying that at the national finals or World championship.

The male who has competed and won, has won every event this season. The time when he didn't compete Kristin Chalmers won the competition.

He wasn't winning or doing so great when entering mens events

Id also reckon the winning times are far ahead of the other riders

Edit. The male rider is winning by a country mile. Usually is upto 1min faster per lap, so several minutes victory margin.

Utterly ridiculous, not even competition

Usually on the elite CX women events 30 secs winning margin is a very good result over an hour's event

These men are taking the piss entering women's races

So what you are saying is that you are angry on behalf of those women who competed but are not angry. I think there must be a term for that - any ideas?

CXRAndy

Guru
Those results clearly show male physical advantage in sport.

Kristin Chalmers argument was it was better to competition because it was a small turnout. However there was no competition, when one rider is already out of sight before lap one is finished

So having waded through 65pages the court's judgement is not an affirmation of the views of CXR etc about the desirability or otherwise of modifying the GRA so as to make getting a GRC easier.

It concludes that the UK Minister had the power to do what he did, that alternatives may not have been viable and there was no irrationality.

Pretty much like a failed JR application under English Law.

It will be interesting to see if the Scottish Government appeal or let things stand as an example of perfidious Sassenachs messing up Scotland and boosting the case for independence.

I'd also point out that a wiser UK minister than the current one wouldn't have added otiose Political commentary about what the SG should and should not do now.

monkers

Legendary Member
So having waded through 65pages the court's judgement is not an affirmation of the views of CXR etc about the desirability or otherwise of modifying the GRA so as to make getting a GRC easier.

It concludes that the UK Minister had the power to do what he did, that alternatives may not have been viable and there was no irrationality.

Pretty much like a failed JR application under English Law.

It will be interesting to see if the Scottish Government appeal or let things stand as an example of perfidious Sassenachs messing up Scotland and boosting the case for independence.

I'd also point out that a wiser UK minister than the current one wouldn't have added otiose Political commentary about what the SG should and should not do now.

Exactly this in my more amateur opinion, and the point I made to half-bicycle half full-blooded man Andy - post #10015.

CXRAndy

Guru
What do you think you know about the subject compared to somebody like Cara Ocobock for example?

I know she's talking out of her arse re males in women's sport.

Outlier opinion.

Just compile male V female results for a miriad of sports.

It will clearly show that men have superior physical advantage in just about all fields of sport.

Only in super long endurance events (ultra marathon)do women compare more favourably

I'll start you off, easy one, I'll stick to world record times

What is the time of men v women 100 metre run. To make it easier, just say which is faster.

Then I'll ask you another, then another, we can go on all day choosing sporting events 😁

To give a little head start I'll pick weightlifting next 👍

Top Bottom