Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
But you aren't going to point it out? Is there a prize for guessing what you think it is?

It leapt out at me. Trans people are not asking you to change your pronouns, or calling you by anything other than your pronouns.

As you say, trans people are a tiny number, so why are there people saying it's a major problem? You've just shown why it isn't.

Mostly trans people just have pronouns that fit with the way they present, so it's actually nearly always really easy.

I agree that when people invent unique pronouns it becomes more difficult to remember, but they are just a tiny minority of a tiny minority.

CXRAndy

Guru
It leapt out at me. Trans people are not asking you to change your pronouns, or calling you by anything other than your pronouns.

As you say, trans people are a tiny number, so why are there people saying it's a major problem? You've just shown why it isn't.

Mostly trans people just have pronouns that fit with the way they present, so it's actually nearly always really easy.

I agree that when people invent unique pronouns it becomes more difficult to remember, but they are just a tiny minority of a tiny minority.

Large organisations are spending millions each year to 'educate/brow beat' normal folk to speak in ways that are alien to such a tiny minority.

monkers

Legendary Member
Large organisations are spending millions each year to 'educate/brow beat' normal folk to speak in ways that are alien to such a tiny minority.

How else are large organisations going to manage to successfully manage bigots in their workplaces? Should they just sack them all? Or is 'normal folk' a euphemism for bigots?

It's a really odd look you know, seeing bullies and bigots demanding protections from their former victims.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

I'm pretty sure I've said this on this thread before but if I haven't:

Define "normal folk".

Good luck.

monkers

Legendary Member
'Normal' has no fixed value; it becomes flexible according to the degree of intoxication of psycho-active mind bending substances, the audience present at the time of 'unnatural opinions' being let forth, and the desires of the person to further their wealth or reputation. It is also cemented by a desire by each individual not to be found out doing the things they do in secret, so over compensation becomes a feature in the expression of what is 'normal'.

What is the difference between a straight man and a gay man?

About three pints.

About three hours later - 'tell anyone and I'll kill yer.'

'It's only a one off' (that is until the next time).

AndyRM

Elder Goth
'Normal' has no fixed value; it becomes flexible according to the degree of intoxication of psycho-active mind bending substances, the audience present at the time of 'unnatural opinions' being let forth, and the desires of the person to further their wealth or reputation. It is also cemented by a desire by each individual not to be found out doing the things they do in secret, so over compensation becomes a feature in the expression of what is 'normal'.

What is the difference between a straight man and a gay man?

About three pints.

About three hours later - 'tell anyone and I'll kill yer.'

'It's only a one off' (that is until the next time).

It's only gay if the balls touch.

classic33

I'm pretty sure I've said this on this thread before but if I haven't:

Define "normal folk".

Good luck.
One I've heard is "People doing things the same way as me, but there's loads of normal people doing things their way, different to how I do things."

icowden

Legendary Member
How else are large organisations going to manage to successfully manage bigots in their workplaces? Should they just sack them all? Or is 'normal folk' a euphemism for bigots?
It's usually by their behaviour. We deal with racism and homophobia by looking at behaviour, not by ending our email with:-

Skin Colour: White Racial Origin: British
Preferred sexuality: Heterosexual

monkers

Legendary Member
It's usually by their behaviour. We deal with racism and homophobia by looking at behaviour, not by ending our email with:-

Skin Colour: White Racial Origin: British
Preferred sexuality: Heterosexual

That's the point Ian. Trans people should not have to humiliate themselves by identifying themselves for the edification of the public. But this is what is being demanded. The majority just want the right to live a quiet life. Others may seek the limelight, but that is what people should be able to do regardless of characteristics.

Top Bottom