Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was obviously an issue to some of the women who ran in it, even if it wasn't important to you. Instead of addressing that issue, Parkrun have removed all the records. As a result some of the Parkrun men are now more than a little upset to lose their titles, records, and times. Looks like it wasn't just a bit of fun/not competitive/ times don't matter/it's just about community for everybody afterall.

They'd rather remove every record than give women fairness.

bobzmyunkle

The organisers of parkrun have been clear from the outset that it isn't competitive. It isn't their fault that people can't grasp what is a fundamentally simple concept.
Yet they publish the results and up until now records. Most people seem to manage to process the fact that it's both competitive and non-competitive. Most of those competing are doing so in a non-competitive way.
As for the trans issue (non-issue?) what were they supposed to do?

Yet they publish the results and up until now records. Most people seem to manage to process the fact that it's both competitive and non-competitive. Most of those competing are doing so in a non-competitive way. As for the trans issue (non-issue?) what were they supposed to do?
Ask people to enter in the category appropriate to their birth sex, like they do with age. Correct records if people don't respect that, whether it's age or sex. If you are having categories, times, records, they should be fair categories.

It wasn't a non issue to some of the women who run, even though it doesn't bother you obviously.

multitool

It's good that Parkrun have valued inclusiveness over a handful of noisy zealot infiltrators.

If if was such a big issue for the women runners we'd have heard from them. Bit of a microcosm of wider society. The vast majority see right through the Terf bullshìt.

It's good that Parkrun have valued inclusiveness over a handful of noisy zealot infiltrators.
They aren't infiltrators. They are women who have been running it for years and complaining about it for quite a while.
If if was such a big issue for the women runners we'd have heard from them. Bit of a microcosm of wider society. The vast majority see right through the Terf bullshìt.

You've just been ignoring it. Many female runners have spoken out about it. It's been an issue since trans identified male Lauren Jeska took the Women's course record in Aberystwyth in 2012 - a record that still stands and is unlikely to be beaten by a woman, however good they are.

Why has it got more publicity recently? Because women have got increasingly fed up with it and because the numbers of men entering in the Women's category is increasing. At least 20 Women's records are currently held by men.

bobzmyunkle

Not that difficult to police.
You appear to not understand how parkrun works. If you have suggestions please share them.

Nobody says 'Let 20 year olds play under 16 football, it's that not important to be fair'.
Under 16 football is 'policed' at least to some extent and is possible to police. Although I'm not aware of anyone being asked for birth certificates when my kids were playing.

D

Deleted member 159

Under 16 football is 'policed' at least to some extent and is possible to police. Although I'm not aware of anyone being asked for birth certificates when my kids were playing
Not if the trans get their way .

Have you not heard a 50 yr old man identifies as a 13yr old girl at swimming club in Canada.

He gets changed in front of the young girls-pervert is a polite way of describing his behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Celine

Under 16 football is 'policed' at least to some extent and is possible to police.

Some extent = not at all.
saudi1989.jpg

Saudi Arabia under 16 team 1989 world cup.

You appear to not understand how parkrun works. If you have suggestions please share them.
You make it clear on the entry that runners are expected to enter in the category correct for their sex or age. If they then achieve a course/age group record and someone complains the organisers should investigate further and correct the record if appropriate. They would do exactly that if a 25 year old claimed an age group record for a much younger category.

Under 16 football is 'policed' at least to some extent and is possible to police. Although I'm not aware of anyone being asked for birth certificates when my kids were playing.

No birth certs are requested because junior and amateur sport relies on trust, not because it can't be policed. If people regularly broke this trust amateur sport would start policing it pretty quickly I reckon.

Top Bottom