Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I bet its free or as little as a fiver to get a piece of paper in the post

You'll like this, but not a lot...

Liz Truss (Minister for Women and Equalities at the time) had the fee reduced from £140 to £5 for the application, in order to reduce a "barrier" for transgender people.

Well done her!

Ahh dont be too hard on Andy(CXR). His species was discovered today and is definitely worthy of celebration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68402386

Only the males make the loud noises. Looks like another endorsement for the binary nature of sex.

Interesting though. They're small fish so I wonder what the purpose of making such a loud noise for communication is. You'd think a quieter one would suffice.

"We know that when you have maybe like eight males together in a large tank, then three of them will dominate the sound production and the other ones will be quiet".

monkers

Legendary Member
Do we know whether Scarlett Blake had a GRC?

I have no actual knowledge. If I had to guess, I'd say not, otherwise I think it likely that the press would be following court procedure and saying 'trans woman' rather than 'transgender woman'. I've read the sentencing remarks but nothing from the trial itself. Either way this is a disturbing case, being as it is, another serious case linked to dark internet activity.

No, whether they had a GRC hasn't been made public. The gender box was left empty on the official court record after the trial so it's also not clear if this crime will be recorded in the female or male stats. If they have a GRC it ordinarily goes down in the female stats. Going to a male prison though according to some reports today.

D

Deleted member 121

Only the males make the loud noises. Looks like another endorsement for the binary nature of sex.

Maybe, perhaps then the females are at home in the kitchen doing the dishes and the males have been chugging down pitchers of Stella and are on their way home?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The Metro today went with "Cat Sadist Caged for Killing a Stranger". Seems a better way to me of labelling Scarlet than using gender because other than where they end up incarcerated I don't see how it's particularly relevant.

D

Deleted member 121

The Metro today went with "Cat Sadist Caged for Killing a Stranger". Seems a better way to me of labelling Scarlet than using gender because other than where they end up incarcerated I don't see how it's particularly relevant.

The shite stirrers had lots of ammunition to be fair. They had the immigrant angle in reserve. Mind you, I haven't read all the sources so maybe those guns have been fired...

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The shite stirrers had lots of ammunition to be fair. They had the immigrant angle in reserve. Mind you, I haven't read all the sources so maybe those guns have been fired...

In the Metro article for sure. Also taking care to mention that Scarlet had come out as trans to her parents aged 12, and that it was a copycat killing from a Netflix documentary, for the sexual gratification of an also transgender lover online...

monkers

Legendary Member
Opinions will always vary, but I will advance the following. There is insufficient public understanding of the terminology. This is understandable because the whole vocabulary is a mess. The media are no help because they too do not understand. The law is of little help since the legal acts refer to 'transsexuals' - an outdated term that only the dinosaurs still use. I still hear differences in usage withing the transgender / trans community. It would be a service is legal definitions were adopted. There is a reason that this doesn't happen - haters do not wish for the clarification, the confusion is a convenience to be exploited.

GB News has an article out today with the headline

Trans killer inspired by 'Don't F**k With Cats' documentary to be placed in MALE prison and will 'never get parole'​

The first paragraph then reads ...

A transgender killer inspired by Don't F**k With Cats will serve at least 24 years in a male prison and is unlikely to ever get parole.

And while I'll happily sneer at GB News, the BBC who really ought to be ahead of GB News has a history of doing the same thing especially in the case of Isla Bryson.

Although not defined clearly in law, the difference is operated in practice, but not consistently within police forces and the prison service.

What the Ministry reports for prison placements makes clear is that transgender prisoners (those without a GRC) are counted in one cohort, and those with a GRC are not in their number but in a separate count, but that count is not known to be accurate.

A lot of this hysteria could be calmed by having carefully defined terminology and consistent practices. Isla Bryson says she is transgender only declaring this between arrest and trial, and not having a GRC. It is my view that Bryson was never going to be risk-assessed to be safe in the female prison estate and was never placed there.

Blake will not be risk-assessed as being 'safe' anywhere.

Top Bottom